Stand fan

james.d

There will be a thermal fuse hiding in the winding wiring.

The fuses can be found on Lazada, the steady hand and eyesight required to replace them cannot.

However I bet you have a local Fix-It Man who can, for a fraction of the cost of a new fan.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

There will be a thermal fuse hiding in the winding wiring.

The fuses can be found on Lazada, the steady hand and eyesight required to replace them cannot.

However I bet you have a local Fix-It Man who can, for a fraction of the cost of a new fan.

Cheers Crossy, I'm blind as a bat and not steady any longer. So I'll take it to a fix it man.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, james.d said:

Cheers Crossy, I'm blind as a bat and not steady any longer. So I'll take it to a fix it man.

Thank you.

Tell me about it.

It was only when I was replacing a SOT-8 package (they are not really that small) and couldn't see the ruddy thing that I realised just how bad my sight was getting, deaf as a post too ???? 

This is a SOT or SOIC 8

20210331_171127.jpg.bb1e4b54844f02a04b128df962afb691.jpg

On 3/31/2021 at 4:54 PM, Crossy said:

Tell me about it.

It was only when I was replacing a SOT-8 package (they are not really that small) and couldn't see the ruddy thing that I realised just how bad my sight was getting,

I can see that by today’s standards it is almost a giant. I’ve been watching STS Telecom and he is doing really small work