PM: COVID Is Controllable

snoop1130

Just maybe this PM is working the same playbook that Ex president Trump did and teh Current Brazillian President /PM. 

They fail to understand an AIRBORNE VIRUS is uncontrollable. When they understand the SCIENCE they will act correctly, one hopes this PM will learn, but I have my doubts. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the COVID-19 situation in the country was controllable and he ordered the Public Health Ministry to impose measures to contain the disease.

Anutin Charnvirakul has confirmed that travellers from Bangkok and other risk areas heading to their home provinces for Songkran will not have to go into quarantine.

????????????????

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prayut said after the cabinet’s meeting that the COVID-19 situation in the country was controllable and he ordered the Public Health Ministry to impose measures to contain the disease.

Like allowing people living in High Covid Risks areas to travel to their home provinces unrestricted during Songkran?  That sort of 'measures to contain the disease?' 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WineOh said:

In an actual field like?

what about all the mozzies?

There's no evidence that mozzies can contract SARS-CoV-2. 

Your concern is noted though. ???? 

• Haha 1

Even islands like OZ,NZ & the UK could not eradicate as long as people are coming in from outside.

Thailand is land bordered with 4 countries with porous borders (no matter what thet say)

it is impossible to 100% close all borders, they are just too long.

Travel ban outside your province until end of month would be an unpopular but wise choice, which would at least contain in a few areas.

Songkran travel is just the "great spreader"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, connda said:

Like allowing people living in High Covid Risks areas to travel to their home provinces unrestricted during Songkran?  That sort of 'measures to contain the disease?' 

I think they might bring in the quarantine rule when everyone is on the road so no matter which way you go you'll have to quarantine!

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

.........and he ordered the Public Health Ministry to impose measures to contain the disease.

Yesterday, at sunset, I ordered the sun NOT to rise the next day. Yet, this morning it appeared again. Where am I going wrong?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sounds familiar, he has been saying that for quite some time and yet infections still showing up ????????????????????  

PM Chan Ocha still thinks like the General he once was: issue a command, everybody will say "YES SIR!" and whatever the issue was is dealt with and goes away.

In pandemic response, he is out of his depth.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dddave said:

PM Chan Ocha still thinks like the General he once was: issue a command, everybody will say "YES SIR!" and whatever the issue was is dealt with and goes away.

In pandemic response, he is out of his depth.

He is out of his depth when standing in a kiddie pool unfortunately.  He has never in my view been able to play in the deep end without struggling and needing help to be rescued.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

"some dinosaurs from his cabinet would be effective and they don't perish during the 3rd wave"

Extinction is so beautiful!

Unfortunately dinosaurs seem to manage to get vaccinated well before all us unwashed and uncared for masses.  ????

• Like 1

It is clear, in comparison to much of the rest of the world, Thailand has been able to escape the worst effects of Covid. However, if we have learnt anything, it is extremely foolish to claim control of the pandemic prior to vacination of the majority of the vulnerable. The new strain has the ability to make everyone look stupid unless positive measures are taken quickly.

1 hour ago, Partenavia said:

It is clear, in comparison to much of the rest of the world, Thailand has been able to escape the worst effects of Covid. However, if we have learnt anything, it is extremely foolish to claim control of the pandemic prior to vacination of the majority of the vulnerable. The new strain has the ability to make everyone look stupid unless positive measures are taken quickly.

The PM has the ability to make himself look stupid even without Covid issues.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha assured that COVID-19 would be under control and field hospitals could be set up in Bangkok to contain the disease.

Sounds like Trump, who did nothing and look where the US is now.

The issue here is the absolute need for this administration to bring revenue back to the country so they can continue to get rich.

They are way behind in the vaccine  process which will create a huge COVID breakout in the next few weeks.

Right. Gotcha.

And we should believe you when you appear to be so clueless on other matters - why?

Because you're smarter than us? Debateable.

Because you're better educated than us? Well, I'd believe you if digging latrines were an important skill. But it isn't.

Because you're a guru figure n the COVID-19 world? Maybe but dubious.

Because you're a big wheel and widely respected in TL? Hrmmm. Maybe not.

Let's face it, friend, you're a bit of a SNABU, and well-known as such. Believing you probably isn't evidence of a wealth of analytical skills.

In my view, I believe that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is an extremely intelligent and calculating individual! Beyond belief!

I read what the gentleman says, and understand what he says, yet I also reserve my right to my own views and thoughts on what he says, as long as, were I to express my thoughts outwardly, I do so in an auspicious and humble manner towards his station.

Translated: This is Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's country! I am living here as a foreigner! He and his are my host! I must show humility and respect... true... and towards royalty, I respect that with a will! I haven't enough time to thank the military and the royalty for the life they've allowed me to be here and expand my skills and desires and dreams! Thailand truly is amazing in certain respects!

Thailand has been a gracious host to me in these last 19+ years, and for that I am grateful!

However, my question to the honorable Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is this... "At what point does fact outweigh deception"?

Dear Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha... I know that you know, and perhaps you know that I also know... so since I know that you know, and I suspect that you know that I know, then... what's it gonna be... are your going to be a Cuomo, or a DeSantis?

Dear Sir... people are watching, and they rely on you! We honor you! Will the "Truth" not be a defense, Sir? I need to know!

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, starky said:

So covid is rampant in Thailand in your opinion? To what degree? Sick people everywhere hospitals and emergency rooms overwhelmed?  Massive death tolls? Any facts to back up what your saying or only conjecture? 

August 2020 Italy reduced new infected to 40 cases daily. Six month later about 20k new cases a day.

They need a serious lockdown.

• Sad 1