UCL study claims UK is nearing herd immunity.

mommysboy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9447591/Britain-pass-threshold-herd-immunity-MONDAY.html

Through an existing combination of vaccines and natural immunity, UCL believes this milestone will shortly be achieved.

I can't quite see that but it is true that infection rates are plummeting, but how much of this is due to social distancing is unclear imo.

If true, it does put the AZ controversy (I mean all of it) in to perspective.

• Like 1

New cases are mainly in immigrant communities where the immams are preaching that allah will take care of them and there's no need to social distance, wear masks or have the vaccine. I don't know what the solution is for that.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, polpott said:

New cases are mainly in immigrant communities where the immams are preaching that allah will take care of them and there's no need to social distance, wear masks or have the vaccine. I don't know what the solution is for that.

Do you have a link to support that assertion? My search on the subject came up with numerous Muslim sites supporting safety measures, getting the vaccine and fighting misinformation.

11 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Do you have a link to support that assertion? My search on the subject came up with numerous Muslim sites supporting safety measures, getting the vaccine and fighting misinformation.

It is a phenomenon, and likely occurs off- line of course.  The very fact that websites exist that fight misinformation confirms that such information does occur. There have certainly been reports on BBC world service.  Uptake in ethnic communities is lower than in the general population in the UK, but has shown an uptick recently.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

Just now, darksidedog said:

Check out local maps of Covid cases in UK. In my area Blackburn highest in area.