Thai Govt facing backlash as third wave of COVID threatens to engulf Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:
8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'seemingly caught ill-prepared'   Looks like the author has been practising diplomacy.

'seemingly' was the last word in my mind.

Caught with their pants down would be more like it. 

Are we talking about the pretties at the nightclub again?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'seemingly caught ill-prepared'   Looks like the author has been practising diplomacy.

'seemingly' was the last word in my mind.

Any use of the word prepared could have been committed as-well.

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It still the same one I've always had, thanks for asking.

I'm still supposed to spend the majority of my time laying flat on my back for the spinal fractures to heal.
I thought it was just the first month, but the doctor said three months. That means very limited time sitting at the PC like now, then need to lay down again.

Although I can browse, I can't tripe more than a couple of sentences when using my far-too-smart-phone. It's known as fingers-too-big-and-age-too-old syndrome.

Got to go for a follow-up appointment and X-ray next week, if the hospital's still there and open, despite Covid.

Good luck, I hope your appointment is safe ????????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I seem to recall a few well placed gentlemen saying the situation was under control, now who were they again and were they telling the truth? Were they even qualified to make such wild predictions???

Everyone in the current government are well qualified to make what ever predictions they think fits the nonsense they are sprouting at the time, so yes - well qualified. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DLock said:

Your best isn't nearly good enough, Sathit.

You neglected you post, went dancing at Thong Lor, forgot about vaccines, rubbished COVAX, locked migrant workers in factories, tested only when pockets were found and encouraged people to travel for Songkran....and now you are "not that confident"

That's your best?

If you were in a real job, you'd all be fired long ago.

Hey but he got the protesters  to get off the street.  Cant have that money gravy train stopped by pesky freedom fighters

Thai Govt facing backlash as third wave of COVID threatens to engulf Thailand

Who let the dogs out?  The government did. 

"Travel anywhere you want in Thailand even if you're traveling from a Red Zone.  No problem!"  Then provinces like Chiang Mai say they're enforcing quarantine?  No they are not.  I just traveled there today.  There are no road block or Covid check-points.  They should just roll out the welcome mat.   I hope government officials plan on taking credit, but they'll just blame the public who they set loose for Songkran to spread Covid far and wide. 

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It still the same one I've always had, thanks for asking.

I'm still supposed to spend the majority of my time laying flat on my back for the spinal fractures to heal.
I thought it was just the first month, but the doctor said three months. That means very limited time sitting at the PC like now, then need to lay down again.

Although I can browse, I can't tripe more than a couple of sentences when using my far-too-smart-phone. It's known as fingers-too-big-and-age-too-old syndrome.

Got to go for a follow-up appointment and X-ray next week, if the hospital's still there and open, despite Covid.

Get well soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

As of press time, more than 4,300 people are being treated for COVID-19 in hospital.

They're gonna run out of hospital beds.  Honestly, asymptomatic people don't need a hospital bed whether in a hospital or a concentration-camp-like field hospital.   I know planning isn't a Thai strong point, but it's past time to make alternative plans to allow those who are asymptomatic to quarantine at home.  They should had planned for that eventually months ago.   Typical Thai - a day late and a 100 baht short.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Only two sayings will highlight this scenario

1 Stupid is as stupid does ( referring to the Politicians ) 

2 You pay peanuts you get monkeys ( referring to useless road checks ) 

They have road checks looking for drunks, but road checks looking for people arriving from Covid Red Zones?  Nope.  At least not in Chiang Mai.  Not sure about all the other provinces who said they'd require those from Covid hot-zones to quarantine.  It takes enforcement to make that happen and I ain't seeing any 'enforcement.'  On the bright side they are looking for drunks.  I came across enough highly aggressive drivers in Chiang Mai today that I'm pretty sure there are quite a few drunk drivers hitting the roads.

1 hour ago, Stygge said:

"But Butantan stressed that the vaccine is 78% effective in preventing mild cases that needed treatment and 100% effective in staving off moderate to serious cases.

i feel for Thailand  ...   I think about my home country USA and see the covid idiots that deny, ignore, refuse to mask up  distance ..  i am talking about you  Florida. Texas , Calif   etc  ... also you folks talk about your countries the same way ..  ..   it seems the best option for us is to continue trying to influence others and wear our mask and distance    

luck to us all ..  peace  

23 hours ago, whiteman said:

Why is any one surprised by what we all saw coming except this government  

They  are a government in name only. In reality, just a bunch of pocket filling tinpot soldiers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Only two sayings will highlight this scenario

1 Stupid is as stupid does ( referring to the Politicians ) 

2 You pay peanuts you get monkeys ( referring to useless road checks ) 

Politicians???? With a Military Academy education. The only thing they have in common is telling lies.

• Like 2