Govt deposits final payment for Rao Rak Kan payout recipients

webfact

e246a92b2d6033bda0d5eafee43ff1c3_small.jpg

By Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government has paid the last 1,000 baht allowance to recipients in the Rao Rak Kan campaign for persons insured in the Social Security scheme. However, recipients joining the campaign late because of application issues will receive the full 4,000 baht in a single deposit, the use of which will expire at the end of May.

The campaign offered a total of 4,000 baht allowance per person, given as a weekly allowance of 1,000 baht per week to successful applicants. Applicants who were approved late due to issues with their application will receive the full 4,000 baht allowance in a single payment.

This allowance is deposited in the form of electronic money to the recipient’s account using the government’s Pao Tang mobile application, which is then needed to make transactions at participating shops.

The Minister of Labor Suchat Chomklin said today that the campaign provides participants with money they can use to purchase essential items, while at the same time helping local vendors and promoting economic recovery through spending.

The 4,000 baht per person allowance from this campaign is only valid until 31st May, after which any remaining amount will be fortified. Recipients can use their available balance to purchase items at participating shops from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So no intention on extending the stimulus further.  Wasn't much to begin with, but then this government has not put forth much to begin with.

true

I can still remember the lines of people waiting for handout food from good samaritans during the last outbreak

Not a Gov,t Soup Kitchen in sight.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So no intention on extending the stimulus further.  Wasn't much to begin with, but then this government has not put forth much to begin with.

Not so sure about that, not saying its much but in a few recent articles of the BKK post it seems that former red villages are now supporting the government because of the money the government gives out. They seem to be thinking its better to cooperate then to stand against the government. 

Was an in-depth article, many people are swayed by all the small amounts of money and the village heads get more too. So its slowly destroying the opposition. Lets wait and see when election comes. I hope these articles were wrong. But if they are not it does show me loyalty is bought here and not based on ideology. 

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

true

I can still remember the lines of people waiting for handout food from good samaritans during the last outbreak

Not a Gov,t Soup Kitchen in sight.

We are still handing out things to the folks we befriended who live in the Sois around us.  It's a bittersweet issue.  They don't qualify for the handouts and even if they did it would not help much.  Their businesses/food carts are hurting also.

28 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I know of a few people who appreciated getting this allowance small as it is beats lining up at a food bank 

Food bank here in Thailand.  Tell me where.  The lines in the past were for food being donated by good Samaritans.