Looking for 6 inch flexible suction pipe

canuckamuck

My wife wants to take advantage of the large sand bar on our property. She wants to sell the sand. Sand is a good little side business up here. Not many sources.

It seems to me a sand dredge would be a lot simpler than having people in the river pulling out sand with baskets. Which is what the neighbors do.

Anyhow I have a pump that could run a 6 inch dredge, but I can only find 4" suction hose. I have heard that there is some black flexible pipe available, but I don't know where. I am in Chiang Rai province, but I could have it shipped from elsewhere. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Anyhow I have a pump that could run a 6 inch dredge, but I can only find 4" suction hose. I have heard that there is some black flexible pipe available, but I don't know where. I am in Chiang Rai province, but I could have it shipped from elsewhere. Any ideas?

I got my 4” flexible pipe from the same tool shop I got my dust collector, they had a variety of diameter pipes available it is not cheap so you need to use as little ad possible.713F5B3C-ADC7-4E62-904C-B23ACA3B6DD4.thumb.jpeg.7212c8d36665221ed64e12471f0d63f1.jpeg

this looks like a place to get it

http://www.sapaengineer.com/articles/615445/ท่อเฟล็กซ์-(Flexible-duct).html

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Whatever you buy, be aware of the weight and abrasive nature of sand. Also, if you do invest in equipment, you will likely need to supervise the operation. 

What king of volume are you talking about? 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

You would have to look for a mining supplier.(rayong)

Weir,Trelleborg,will cost an arm and leg.

Can you make it out of steel pipe with flanges.

https://www.deekothai.com/

It will need to be flexible, and a minimum of 4 meters. 8 to 10 meters would be better. The hose I need would be 500 bucks in the states for 6 meters. 

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I got my 4” flexible pipe from the same tool shop I got my dust collector, they had a variety of diameter pipes available it is not cheap so you need to use as little ad possible.713F5B3C-ADC7-4E62-904C-B23ACA3B6DD4.thumb.jpeg.7212c8d36665221ed64e12471f0d63f1.jpeg

this looks like a place to get it

http://www.sapaengineer.com/articles/615445/ท่อเฟล็กซ์-(Flexible-duct).html

Your link actually had the stuff I need on their site, I will contact them.

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Whatever you buy, be aware of the weight and abrasive nature of sand. Also, if you do invest in equipment, you will likely need to supervise the operation. 

What king of volume are you talking about? 

I wont know until we get started, but there is a lot of sand and we have quite a lot of river. If we are wearing out the equipment we should be making money too, so the wear might be acceptable.

No one is getting rich on this though. I would be amused if it made enough after expenses to buy a scooter

• Like 1