The rise and fall of Saksayam Chidchob, Thailand’s first COVID-positive Cabinet minister

webfact

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Hope the fun was worth it, as they say.

Exactly, I think the saying is :

"Dont do the crime if you cant do the time” is a rhyming criminal justice expression. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

"Dont do the crime if you cant do the time” is a rhyming criminal justice expression. 

Not sure what the time is for contracting Covid 19 but I'm sure there's loss of face involved somewhere!

• Like 1

I'm sure he will be just fine in a week or two, you can hardly blame those who catch a virus when there's supposedly so little of it going around.

Once an outbreak is established then people should take measures to avoid infection, but avoiding infection through activity changes before an outbreak is detected is going to be down to luck.

I was our drinking beers in Hua Hin at the time of the outbreak in the Maya bar which is directly linked to the Bangkok outbreak, however I didn't go to the same places as those who were infected - that's down to pure luck and the fact that I like open air bars when I go for a few beers.

Had I been a 'discotheque person' then perhaps I wouldn't have been so lucky, 20 years ago I would be in the disco, these days - no chance I'm going to a disco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

His decision to hold back details of his timeline also attracted much public criticism. The missing details were filled in by a Public Health Ministry official in his political stronghold of Buri Ram, but further changes and clarifications to his timeline only fuelled public doubt.

Sack him immediately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Except when you don't have to do the time!!

Crime pays.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But he's a chinchob, he's the son a a very famous (old style) ex politician and his brother also and his brother already displayed many times that he thinks he's above the law, and this guy is a senior minister, he's special, he's entitled. 

Perhaps the long deliberations were needed before they could move two very senior cops now moved to office job weren't related to the ministers and politicians now named?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DLock said:

What is his actual crime?

Was there a lockdown or Ministerial ban on visiting Krystal club?

He lied about being infected and tried to hide the fact.  That is punishable by arrest and a fine as the husband and wife who went to Nakon Si Thamarat after knowing they were exposed and possibly infected, but still traveled before being found and tested, have found out.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He lied about being infected and tried to hide the fact.  That is punishable by arrest and a fine as the husband and wife who went to Nakon Si Thamarat after knowing they were exposed and possibly infected, but still traveled before being found and tested, have found out.

Ah I see.

I guess he had Ministerial privilege as anyone testing positive must be admitted to hospital. Somehow he  missed that step?

5 minutes ago, DLock said:

Ah I see.

I guess he had Ministerial privilege as anyone testing positive must be admitted to hospital. Somehow he  missed that step?

Exactly, the current double standard.  They who are privileged are special and don't need to follow the rules set for all others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

I could see the infected being arrested after testing positive in certain circumstances.

If someone asked me to disclose everything I've done and where I've been I'd tell them to go <deleted> themselves, especially if I was a government minister.

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

I could see the infected being arrested after testing positive in certain circumstances.

If someone asked me to disclose everything I've done and where I've been I'd tell them to go <deleted> themselves, especially if I was a government minister.

So your saying it is ok for some to lie but others to not lie. Hmm. Double standards your ok with. Good to know.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your saying it is ok for some to lie but others to not lie. Hmm. Double standards your ok with. Good to know.

Quite the opposite, what's good enough for the minister is good for me and everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Speaking of crime, is his older sibling still hiding in Cambodia after he killed a fellow MP from another party (mid 90 ties). That family tree is involved in a lot dark activities, the list is so long that I can't mention them all. In a normal country they would be in jail, in THailand they get a job in Parliament. We have a couple families like this. Yes, I know Thailand is not the only country with the same problem.