Diabetic meds

Kwaibill

Nothing to do with number of inputs required, in fact morei nputs will yield even less. the forum search function simply does nto work well.

The best way to search this forum is in google. Input the search term plus "site:thaivisa.com".

Yields plenty of results  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=site%3Athaivisa.com+metformin

What exactly are you trying to find out re metformin?

Thanks, Sheryl.

One of my docs took me off Metformin for some reason.

My insulin regime ( Humulin R and N) seems to be less effective. May be age related mismanagement ( did I inject my dose? Did I calculate it right?)

Thought is resuming mild dose¹ Metformin might mitigate some of the varianility. 

I ran out of Humulim R this week. Trying to titrate an N routine ( again) to get by until my "supplier" can come through. (Nurse relative who usually takes care of this was going to bring on a planned visit, but the recent spikes in Covid cases "spiked" their travel plans, and disrupted my routine. About an hour of almost fainting today before everything settled. Horrid feeling!

Diagnosed diabetic (metabolic syndrome) in 1996. Been through almost every treatment plan since. Liked Joslin results best.

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Thanks, Sheryl.

One of my docs took me off Metformin for some reason.

My insulin regime ( Humulin R and N) seems to be less effective. May be age related mismanagement ( did I inject my dose? Did I calculate it right?)

Thought is resuming mild dose¹ Metformin might mitigate some of the varianility. 

I ran out of Humulim R this week. Trying to titrate an N routine ( again) to get by until my "supplier" can come through. (Nurse relative who usually takes care of this was going to bring on a planned visit, but the recent spikes in Covid cases "spiked" their travel plans, and disrupted my routine. About an hour of almost fainting today before everything settled. Horrid feeling!

Diagnosed diabetic (metabolic syndrome) in 1996. Been through almost every treatment plan since. Liked Joslin results best.

Sounds liejka hypoglycemis episonde. Do you monitor your blood glucose?

On 4/16/2021 at 12:19 PM, Sheryl said:

Sounds liejka hypoglycemis episonde. Do you monitor your blood glucose?

Yeah, four times daily.

If I feel that way again glucose, BP, and pulse rate all get checked.

Should have anyway, but felt so bum I didn't  organize it.

If not hypo-, syncope, etc., off to the hospital. Oh, yeah, pacemaker going on three years.

My poor wife gets teary..."I not nurse! Cannot carry you!"  Her Tinglish for "Care for you".