Jump to content

Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases


webfact

Recommended Posts

Tvisa_breakingnewsbanner.jpg

 

Thailand reported 1,335 new COVID-19 infections on Wednesday, the highest number of new cases reported in a single day.

 

Of the new cases, 1,326 were local transmissions, while 9 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

 

Most of the new cases were found in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

 

36 people are in a serious condition and 9 are on ventilators

 

7,491 people remain in hospital receiving treatment.

 

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 35,910 with 97 deaths. 

 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-14
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

04-14-21b.jpg.2b87685ad382618d9948e30ce7713dd9.jpg

 

04-14-21c.jpg.c39d36e241fb94fa2064f1963150ce31.jpg

 

The chart below reflects the day's tally of domestic COVID cases by province, excluding the 9 imported cases in quarantine. Provinces are listed in order by the MoPH based on their TOTAL numbers of COVID cases thus far, though the chart shows numbers just for the latest day.

 

04-14-21e.jpg.9a0567db080c8e508f8993f3e4505ca0.jpg

 

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157949376352050

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The increase in reported cases today (a sharp increase from the 965 reported yesterday) fueled a similar increase in the number of COVID positive patients to 7,491 who are hospitalized in various kinds of hospital and related facilities. 

 

The chart below shows 6,914 patients in traditional hospital facilities, and 577 in temporary field hospital and similar facilities.

 

The government has a policy that anyone testing positive for COVID must be hospitalized until they're no longer contagious.

 

04-14-21a.jpg.ecc3b49fa5063aa68951d9f640873dd8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be getting really serious as they are now stating "36 people are in a serious condition and 9 are on ventilators".   I don't believe those figures have been released previously, but I may be wrong.  So if all those deniers on here are in any doubt perhaps they should now be more cautious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

 

this outbreak is much bigger than before

 

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

 

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of new vaccinations for COVID pretty much stalled in the latest daily report, with only 773 new vaccinations reported, with the detailed breakdown for those receiving their first dose and second dose shots during the Song Kran New Year holiday period. The second portion of the chart below shows the cumulative totals for vaccinations. Thailand continues to have one of the lowest vaccination rates among regional countries.

 

 

Screenshot_33.jpg.f48cea97e326ba28dc081f265d62caec.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

 

this outbreak is much bigger than before

 

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

 

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

 

 

Can you say what school

Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest daily updates from the Ministry of Public Health showing how Thailand's reported COVID case and death tallies compare with other countries in the world, and its own regional neighbor countries.

 

Screenshot_35.jpg.80856e799c1983805d099b0e143363fa.jpg

 

Screenshot_36.jpg.dfb10a8961e40194128a0b03eb991a25.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point will herd immunity occur without vaccines? I have very little faith in Thailand's vaccination program but at some point most of the population will have had Covid. I know this is not the desirable way to manage a pandemic but not sure if there is any other way out here? Then again perhaps all the different variants make it impossible without a vaccine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Excel said:

Must be getting really serious as they are now stating "36 people are in a serious condition and 9 are on ventilators".   I don't believe those figures have been released previously, but I may be wrong.  So if all those deniers on here are in any doubt perhaps they should now be more cautious.

 

Nothing will ever convince them so it's best to just ignore them. They'd rather either keep distorting and misconstruing the facts or keep their head in the sand than admit they were wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Must be getting really serious as they are now stating "36 people are in a serious condition and 9 are on ventilators".   I don't believe those figures have been released previously, but I may be wrong.  So if all those deniers on here are in any doubt perhaps they should now be more cautious.

yes, recently they have started to list serious condition. I think 2 days ago it was 9 of them..

Earlier on the numbers were very low, so they did not bother. But now it's newsworth.

 

In Korat in korean bbq restaurant positive personel did not wear masks, some 2000 diners to be tested after songkran.

 

statistics now are low, because of holidays. Same is with weekends under reporting, laboratories are in half mode

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, offset said:

Can you say what school

 

i'd rather not as i'm in the community there but the dad's been posting about it openly on hua hin expats facebook page if that helps

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

 

this outbreak is much bigger than before

 

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

 

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

 

 

Which school is that? My children go to a school in Hua Hin too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cyril sneer said:

going to be a lot of people with lost jobs/docked wages when they try returning to bangkok

 

Probably better they don't return. Getting sleepy here again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

 

i'd rather not as i'm in the community there but the dad's been posting about it openly on hua hin expats facebook page if that helps

 

 

Just wondering if it's Beaconhouse? The mum of a boy in my son's class was at Maya Club the same night as the woman who came down from Thong Lor. The mum tested positive but the boy was still at school for a whole week before she knew. Boy was in P6. 

 

Fortunately my kids left straight after the exams to join me in Saudi, but not good for those kids and their families who were there in that week between infection and diagnosis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government has a policy that anyone testing positive for COVID must be hospitalized until they're no longer contagious.

Not sustainable and not the right approach, likely why they are not mass testing apart from not having the resources to do so and not wanting the true spread of infection revealed. 

 

- they will soon run out of places to put people especially those that are not sick

 

- they will soon need these resources for people that are sick

 

- many people don't want to be tested because they will be detained if positive

 

conclusion - idiotic beyond belief 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, wasabi said:

At some point will herd immunity occur without vaccines? I have very little faith in Thailand's vaccination program but at some point most of the population will have had Covid. I know this is not the desirable way to manage a pandemic but not sure if there is any other way out here? Then again perhaps all the different variants make it impossible without a vaccine?

I hope you are not right about herd immunity! I think many remember what happen in Sweden and Thailand have 6 times more people! Finaly they start to do like other was doing to fight against covid! But get 10 times more infected and dead than in other norden coundries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 20+ pages of slides for today's COVID news briefing presented by the Thai Ministry of Public Health.  No English language briefing today because of the Song Kran holidays.

 

Screenshot_48.jpg.f9d8932db28714aafad0cc5dc2a6577f.jpg

 

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/305817347703263

 

And the latest chart showing the progression of new COVID cases reported each day thus far since April 2:

 

04-14-21d.thumb.jpg.e3f3aebbf3d2a0601112316ff2346935.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

 

this outbreak is much bigger than before

 

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

 

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

 

 

Probably a common theme. Be interesting to see the real figures if Thailand tested and was transparent as much as say the US or Europe. 100s per day might be 1000s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Looks like we are back on the exponential curve after 3 days of flatlining.

More like 3 days of limited testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

going to be a lot of people with lost jobs/docked wages when they try returning to bangkok

Not thinking this through are you.  Many companies as well as the government have announced they will be moving back to allowing workers to work from home.  Not sure about the factory workers.  Sounds also like schools may be taking a hit and going back to online studying as well.  Hope for the best but prepare for the worst and always have a contingent plan is my motto.  We have been schooling the GF's daughter at home since the term ended at the end of March, even on our holiday in Chiang Mai.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

 

Nothing will ever convince them so it's best to just ignore them. They'd rather either keep distorting and misconstruing the facts or keep their head in the sand than admit they were wrong

One of the people that works in the company of my GF who got infected last week is now in ICU. Not going well. The deniers always seem to focus on death.. not on the suffering and after effects of the disease. For them only death counts as a problem. 

 

They also hop from one outlier theory to the next. The moment the first outlier theory gets discredited they hop over to an other that gets discredited and so on and so on. They never stop to wonder if its not better to go mainstream.

 

Because according to anti vaxers mainstream media is only for the sheeple. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Just wondering if it's Beaconhouse? The mum of a boy in my son's class was at Maya Club the same night as the woman who came down from Thong Lor. The mum tested positive but the boy was still at school for a whole week before she knew. Boy was in P6. 

 

Fortunately my kids left straight after the exams to join me in Saudi, but not good for those kids and their families who were there in that week between infection and diagnosis.

 

yeah, i pm'd you the group discussion details from FB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

252 police officers infected so far, over 1,500 others in quarantine

 

"As many as 252 police officers have been infected with Covid-19 so far, Royal Thai Police deputy spokesperson Pol Colonel Sirikul Kritphittayaboon confirmed on Wednesday.

 

“Nationwide, 177 police officers have been hospitalised after contracting the virus, while 75 have been discharged,” she said.

 

“The bureaus that reported the most infections were the Metropolitan Police (71 officers), followed by Region 5 Provincial Police (23) and Central Investigation (20).”

 

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404884

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

More like 3 days of limited testing.

 

There is likely a difference between exponential positive tests, and  exponential detected positive cases.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...