Sister-in-law, Unwanted Pregnancy

Neeranam

so a 926 you saying one option is for girl to become a pleasure woman.

like the mod insinuated this is a serious situation.

please be serious.

I did not mean to imply that she become a "pleasure woman". What I meant was she could obtain a Farang husband or "benefactor", in which case usually always involves the exchange of money from Farang to Thai lady. Hence my scarcastic term "sell herself". I don't like this state of affairs, but it seems how things are commonly done here in such cases. I have seen a few (woman such as this) on a personal level & it does not present a very desirable situation.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are a rural family tnen the care of the kid and education fees will be pretty cheap. Let the girl carry on with her life, let the old dears take care of the kid and if the kind hearted westerner want to bung a few quid in every now and then, all the better.

Maybe the lad will wake up and come back and maybe not.

They are both guilty of nothing more than a mistake, albeit a stupid one, no one is That ignorant of birth control options these days.

No reason why this should destroy the girls chances though as long as she learns from it and keep her knickers on at Uni.

Hope it works out.

If they are a rural family tnen the care of the kid and education fees will be pretty cheap. Let the girl carry on with her life, let the old dears take care of the kid and if the kind hearted westerner want to bung a few quid in every now and then, all the better.

Maybe the lad will wake up and come back and maybe not.

They are both guilty of nothing more than a mistake, albeit a stupid one, no one is That ignorant of birth control options these days.

No reason why this should destroy the girls chances though as long as she learns from it and keep her knickers on at Uni.

Hope it works out.

My view exactly!

I think some posters must have never been young or did not get the chance for rumpy pumpy as a teenager ;-))

Good luck Neeranaam,

Sounds like either way you're a winner. Either you keep your own beautiful family intact and grow it organically. Or you have a beautiful new addition to the crew at home! As you know, the wife and I tried so hard and have one now. If we don't get pregnant within the next couple years I'm sure we'll adopt.

I'm so happy to see the way Thailand tends to deal with this problem. Where I come from, Santa Cruz, California mid 1970's, abortion was not just an option, it was a way of life, a certainty, a form of birth control, a political movement, a religion. I'm really glad a lot of the barbarism of that era has past. Believe me, I'm no raging right to lifer. But in liberal California, abortion was just something you did to get the bottle of valium that came with it.

Good luck Neeranaam,

Yeah, so many ideas have been given that the only thing left appears to be to wish the best of luck to Neeranaam and family. Wish things work out the best for this young lady and her child.

Edited by torito

This is kinda freakish, because this situation is going on at the place I live now.

Not by choice, I live in the mother-in-law's house. Fortunatley it is very big, big yard, and several seperate buildings on the lot. I have an office in the house, with its own bathroom. Not my idea of an ideal life, but the wife insists this form of missery to me brings her joy.

OK, so we are in the mother-in-law's house, along with the mother-in-law. (which is rarely home, she travels a lot/business etc) The sister-in-law is also here, and she has a 7 year old.

Now occasionally she gets together to shag with the man of her first child, but other than that you never see the guy. He comes around every 3-4 months or so. Well, from what I have been told, she has become pregnant a second time before, and had an abortion....

NOW she is pregnant again with this guy. When he was told she was pregnant AGAIN he said to keep the baby. But now he does not return her calls.

Like I said, she has a 7 year old, and we are already at the point that if I buy my 2 year old kid a pair of shoes, I have to buy the 7 year old some shoes.... so her feelings don't get hurt! So do I have to put her through college too?

Fortunatley, my wife treats this current pregnancy as.... "Her problem not mine."

My wife has no desire to adopt and her comment is, "You can't save the world." I do not really intend on living in Thailand forever, and if I were to adopt this child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BE SEALED TO THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

We both work, and the mother-in-law pulls more hours than 3 people combined. She is wealthy for a Thai, upper middle I guess. The sister-in-law raises her child, and is our nanny. I have no desire to be a father of her kids.

Thanks to everyone for the replies with some great advice and experiences. I really appreciate it. The baby is probably male, so my mother-in-law wants to keep it. If it is a girl, a relative in Sukhothai wants her.

It's looks like the boy's family will have to fork out some money - they are quite rich. They are waiting for DNA tests and a court appearance.

BTW, why do people assume I live rurally in a village? I live in the centre of a large city, as do my parents-in-law, but luckily not the same one :o So, the baby will be 400 km from us.