"Conversations" on Tinder

45 minutes ago, Nick in Thailand said:

How does one find a meaningful relationship amongst these

I met my wife through an introduction... we both had lots of trust in the fellow who introduced us... 

Do you speak any Thai? This really opens up a much larger field - and I think puts many at ease...

good luck with the one you have found na krubp..

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I met my wife through an introduction... we both had lots of trust in the fellow who introduced us... 

Do you speak any Thai? This really opens up a much larger field - and I think puts many at ease...

good luck with the one you have found na krubp..

Introductions are pretty hit or miss.  Many Thais don’t like to introduce you to other people because if it doesn’t work out, it can be an uncomfortable situation.  They will also need to know you very well in order to introduce you (to someone worth meeting in the first place) and if you’re not squeaky clean...no way.

With regards to speaking Thai.  That too is a mixed bag.  Some like that you have enough respect for their culture/country to learn the language....others will turn tail and run due to the “Farang roo mak” issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

The women on the game on these sites are pretty easily recognized.  They’re the ones with either the “sexy” pictures or with multiple photos of themselves drinking wine in an expensive restaurant (usually a picture taken by a previous date).  If it was a true social situation with friends, those friends would be in the picture too...generally speaking.

I'm looking for a conservative girl. Any photos with alcohol, tattoos, bikinis, or the accentuation of the posterior / busom, are an instant rejection from me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick in Thailand said:

I'm looking for a conservative girl. Any photos with alcohol, tattoos, bikinis, or the accentuation of the posterior / busom, are an instant rejection from me. 

Why the downer on tattoos? Preconceived labelling or just dont like them ?

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do conservative girls have tattoos?

Some tattoos are the typical Thai "temple" tattoos. I think they are harmless and don't tell much about lifestyle.

569518fcb1a6a48527d7eaf3fef0614f.jpg

And then there are the typical hooker tattoos which often indicate years of entertainment activity. Not too conservative ...

015.JPG

Then there are the bored village girls, never been near a bar or drink, just got with the wrong crowd and were stupid !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do conservative girls have tattoos?

Some tattoos are the typical Thai "temple" tattoos. I think they are harmless and don't tell much about lifestyle.

569518fcb1a6a48527d7eaf3fef0614f.jpg

And then there are the typical hooker tattoos which often indicate years of entertainment activity. Not too conservative ...

015.JPG

Fair point. 

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Those stickers! I never know how to interpret half of them. Does that sticker mean yes or no or like or what?

But then again I guess that is the point. Anybody can interpret it just like they want and nobody ever said yes or no or any other clear answer...

You just need to up your sticker-foo and beat them at their own game....

DBBA803B-5C64-49A4-A14F-AD9A437FEFAF.jpeg

4BB350AD-B274-4DCB-9A03-EB03239FC1F0.jpeg

E25E05D4-E94C-45AF-9CED-41FD76552B8C.jpeg

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Then there are the bored village girls, never been near a bar or drink, just got with the wrong crowd and were stupid !

Sure, that happens. But it seem some of them become serial offenders and at least for my taste too many ugly tattoos is too much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

If they had such a deep meaningful relationship with their significant other, surely they wouldn’t be posting on Thaivisa with thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of posts to their name.

Retirement is quite a large chunk of time to fill, especially when you're no longer all that physically able any more.

23 hours ago, Nick in Thailand said:

Oh dear. Well, I have found one absolute treasure, in my eyes. She dresses conservatively, she is a nurse bit she has an unorthodox beauty to her. 

I'm on question 10 now, she has only asked "what job you do?" I'm a teacher but I also run a small fintech business from home (Australia) , so I don't think my profession is off-putting. 

I don't want to give this one up. I'm so, so picky. I have about 200 girls I don't like back on Tinder. 

Come on dude! What are you losing time for? Thing about a nice place to go near home and ask her to go there with you!

On 4/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

The question can be - tell me about yourself, what do you enjoy doing? ask about their family... things that might be important to them - you can learn a lot that way

Say thing that will get them talking... 

i always ask them to explain the ACTH axis on the limbic system

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nick in Thailand said:

one you can take home to mother

Tinder to me is total BS I just came off it all they want to do is squeeze the most amount of money out of you  I didn’t bother with global just Thai ladies put within 20 Kms and you get girls from 600 kms ive come to the conclusion get to know a good massage girl who will visit you once a week to keep your hormones at an acceptable level and if you cook a good breakfast you might get decent discount . Thai Flirting and Thai Cupid are as bad the other day I had a like she wrote Hi sugar daddy today I’m very horny , just saying sugar daddy left me no option but to send her to the nope bin .

On 4/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Airalee said:

Those who might try to chastise you here on TVF and regale you with stories of their educated Thai wives are just lashing out because...that’s what they do.  If they had such a deep meaningful relationship with their significant other, surely they wouldn’t be posting on Thaivisa with thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of posts to their name.

Unfortunately there is a kernel of truth here. Someone happy with something wouldn't bother to subscribe or read critical posts about that very thing. Unless, of course, they are a show-off, take joy in the misfortune of others or are deluded.

So hat does it say abut us posters who do read this sort of thing and contribute to the discussion. Are we still searching for that true happiness?

It's a lose - lose proposition for everyone!

51 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Unfortunately there is a kernel of truth here. Someone happy with something wouldn't bother to subscribe or read critical posts about that very thing. Unless, of course, they are a show-off, take joy in the misfortune of others or are deluded.

So hat does it say abut us posters who do read this sort of thing and contribute to the discussion. Are we still searching for that true happiness?

It's a lose - lose proposition for everyone!

The most important thing for those of us “still searching for that true happiness” to take away from these conversations is to understand that even though we might poke fun at the cultural differences, that it is not to be taken in a malicious manner, it doesn’t mean all Thai women are bad/stupid/whatever and that because of these cultural differences, we (the foreigners) must understand that sometimes, compromises need to be made.  Unfortunately, those compromises are usually a one sided deal.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, Nick in Thailand said:

IDK, the women are beautiful but robotic, and they, and the rest of society, lack empathy imo. 

I was hoping I was going to get something more real here. 

Perhaps I should just accept my fate and marry a masculine, overweight feminist in Australia. 

Good idea. You are clearly going to find life in Thailand difficult.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SbuxPlease said:

There are a lot of amazing Thai women who've studied, educated themselves, and developed rich personalities and can be emotionally/intellectually/physically very engaging. But not every farang wants that style of woman either, eh?

Personally I concentrate on the basics: cute, fun, honest. Intelligence, education, and and and are possible and welcome extras. But what's the point in dating a women like you describe if she doesn't look good and make you horny?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

, it doesn’t mean all Thai women are bad/stupid/whatever and that because of these cultural differences, we (the foreigners) must understand that sometimes, compromises need to be made.  Unfortunately, those compromises are usually a one sided deal.

Don't you think it is already a big compromise for a Thai woman to spend time with a farang? We are in many ways different to Thais. And what we think is normal is for many Thai people absolutely not normal.

Sometimes we are attracted to easy other. But there are lots of compromises right from the beginning.

• Like 2