Confusing information

KannikaP

In FORUM view, the various posts are listed in bold, with the name, I guess of the last contributor, and a time, be it just now or three days ago etc,  followed by 1.3M posts, or 375k posts. Whats it all about Alfie?

Edited by KannikaP

49 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I assume it's how many posts in that forum or sub forum e.g. the Forum Support Desk as a whole has had  53900 posts.

Seems like a good explanation. I know it is not possible but would it not make sense ? to say when a post was started, when the last reply was, and how many posts you must trudge through to find anything. 

And any post started before say 2016 ( say 5 years) should be exterminated!

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

In FORUM view, the various posts are listed in bold, with the name, I guess of the last contributor, and a time, be it just now or three days ago etc,  followed by 1.3M posts, or 375k posts...

I have no problem with this and I like it the way it is at present.

220907913_ThaivisaForumpage.png.08d17b8dea343ff6f68f253ef0d2f311.png

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

...Whats it all about Alfie?

I was about to post my understanding of the three three short lines of text to the right of the forum title but as my name is not Alfie I take it that you would not want to here it from me.

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

I was about to post my understanding of the three three short lines of text to the right of the forum title but as my name is not Alfie I take it that you would not want to here it from me.

So Giacomo, please enlighten me as to what the 1m, 185.2k and 1.3k posts mean in your screenshot.

And as for the timings, eg 29 minutes ago, 3 hours ago, is that when the post was last answered?

Would it not be more useful to put when the post was started?

I would love to HEAR from you.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So Giacomo, please enlighten me as to what the 1m, 185.2k and 1.3k posts mean in your screenshot.

And as for the timings, eg 29 minutes ago, 3 hours ago, is that when the post was last answered?

Would it not be more useful to put when the post was started?

I would love to HEAR from you.

It does state when the post was started ? Started 16 hrs ago, started yesterday. (In his screenshot)

The other numbers appear to be the number of posts in that forum. If you take the Visa forum 1m as an example, thats over 18 years !

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

It does state when the post was started ? Started 16 hrs ago, started yesterday. (In his screenshot)

The other numbers appear to be the number of posts in that forum. If you take the Visa forum 1m as an example, thats over 18 years !

The 'started on' figure is when the last answer to the post was, not when the post was started. The other figure as you say, is the total number of posts in that particular forum since the beginning of time.

Both figures about as much use as the proverbial fireguard!    LOL

When I click 'View New Content', then the time of the last post and the number of replies to that particular post, is shown.

Edited by KannikaP