Health Insurance for Hospitalisation

belfast3

I don't know if it is true or not but I read that none of the local insurers provide any ICU coverage if one has serious covid-19 needs so make sure before getting any coverage, you read any restrictions if you think you might need something particular.  My overseas policy is supposed to cover all the costs but  has preferred hospitals for coverage so I have to check with them and advise about govt regulations here that one must go into  the field hospital.

14 hours ago, Presnock said:

I don't know if it is true or not but I read that none of the local insurers provide any ICU coverage if one has serious covid-19 needs so make sure before getting any coverage, you read any restrictions if you think you might need something particular.  My overseas policy is supposed to cover all the costs but  has preferred hospitals for coverage so I have to check with them and advise about govt regulations here that one must go into  the field hospital.

My local Allianz policy covers inpatient treatment for Covid, last year I required inpatient treatment and operations after an accident.

The hospital required a Covid test which the Insurer paid for.

If you google Dhipaya covid insurance thailand you will find they have 2 covid policies. One general one and another cheaper one you can take out with respect to abnormal medical conditions caused after having a covid vaccine. This includes cover if one goes into a coma. Prices are reasonable. But it all comes down to whether or not they pay a claim....

8 hours ago, bbabythai said:

If you google Dhipaya covid insurance thailand you will find they have 2 covid policies. One general one and another cheaper one you can take out with respect to abnormal medical conditions caused after having a covid vaccine. This includes cover if one goes into a coma. Prices are reasonable. But it all comes down to whether or not they pay a claim....

It only covers 100,000 baht medical costs, which would probably be fine if you were sent to a field hospital but would not cover the cost of 2 weeks in a private hospital. 

The 1,000,000 baht is basically a life assurance policy paid to your beneficiary in the event of a coma or death.