Thailand to buy another 35m doses of COVID-19 vaccine from other companies

webfact

2B814847-FF6A-4BBC-81FF-255BAFD51F1B.jpg

Image Credit: Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Facebook page

Thailand will procure an additional 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from other 2 or 3 companies, on top of the 65 million from Sinovac and AstraZeneca, according to a post on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Facebook on Wednesday morning.

The decision to buy the additional doses was reached at a meeting of the working committee, tasked with procuring COVID-19 vaccines.

Chaired by former public health minister Dr. Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn, the committee comprises representatives from the Public Health Ministry, the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, the Food and Drugs Administration and the Association of Private Hospitals.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-to-buy-another-35m-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-from-other-companies/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

...but...but...but...Siam Bioscience...

These new orders wont be fulfilled before July, and Siam Bioscience is confident it can manufacture and deliver in July...or are they?

Can't complain that this is the correct, if overture strategy. Question remains is there sufficient vaccines available to satisfy this need?

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand will procure an additional 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from other 2 or 3 companies

Must read:

we dream of buying an additional 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from some other 2 or 3 companies that we can not even name.

Not Sputnik and the Indian stuff BTW?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand is right to seek more vaccine now. But communication of its strategy has been poor, hampered by suspicion it prioritised a royally-owned company as sole supplier over vaccine diversity & speed of delivery. Every month delay in mass vaccination brings huge economic costs.

Saksith Saiyasombut

@SaksithCNA
· 26m
Thai PM @prayutofficial says his govt will procure an additional 35 million #COVID19 vaccines from “2 or 3 other manufacturers”. Critics say #Thailand’s rollout with 65 million doses of AstraZeneca and Sinovac (most of it not coming until June) is too little, too slow.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Must read:

we dream of buying an additional 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from some other 2 or 3 companies that we can not even name.

Not Sputnik and the Indian stuff BTW?

That's how I read it. 

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

I'm sure I read this morning that Thailand had sufficient vaccines on order already.

Sure;ly the beloved PM isn't flip-flopping again?

How dare you question the master flip-floppers. ????

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I wonder why we haven’t heard from TAT yet this week with a new ambitious genius  plan to get back tourists?

Perhaps their office has been declared a covid red zone. I wonder if that antiseptic spray also works on bullsh!t?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DLock said:

...but...but...but...Siam Bioscience...

These new orders wont be fulfilled before July, and Siam Bioscience is confident it can manufacture and deliver in July...or are they?

Can't complain that this is the correct, if overture strategy. Question remains is there sufficient vaccines available to satisfy this need?

Vaccine Insurance policy ?

• Haha 1

If they do get all of that it will be enough to give everyone their first shot and some their second one.

Hoping the private hospitals get some on their own to fill the gap.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry, Thailand can say what they want, but they will have to get in line, ie nearly every country has already ordered! They will be the last to get!

Stupid is, stupid does!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Vaccine Insurance policy ?

Sure looks that way.

It's not like Cha Cha can say anything negative about Siam Bioscience, so best tread cautiously and order some backup...just in case...

Until Thailand gets vaccinated, expect tourism to be next to zero.

At this point, only childish news releases and zero details.  I mean really what does five million doses (you need two, not one) do to a population of 69 million?  They say herd immunity may be up in the high 90 percent or so?  

Just unbelievable.  I'd suggest planning a trip elsewhere the year after next - because at this rate 2022 is seeming like a pipe dream too.   2021 is a write-off.