Looking For Buddies In Chang Mai

skoperism

Hey Eveyone,

Just moved here couple days ago. Met a few new female friends to hang out with. But dont know any farrangs at all. Im a 24 and from Sydney, Australia. Now im spending a couple of months learning Thai here. After that I will look into some kind of money making venture(in Chang Mai). Anyway, looking for anyone who like got hang out have a beer on weekends? play pool? or what ever else?

Thanks

Hey Eveyone,

Just moved here couple days ago. Met a few new female friends to hang out with. But dont know any farrangs at all. Im a 24 and from Sydney, Australia. Now im spending a couple of months learning Thai here. After that I will look into some kind of money making venture(in Chang Mai). Anyway, looking for anyone who like got hang out have a beer on weekends? play pool? or what ever else?

Thanks

Hi,

Pim posted recently that she has organized a girly night, haven't received it yet so can't say where and when, but you can find the details in this month's Citylife magazine. You can also PM her.

Furthermore, there is the Chiang Mai expat club, that has meetings twice a month. There was a thread recently with the details.

Nienke

Hey Eveyone,

Thanks

Hi,

Pim posted recently that she has organized a girly night, haven't received it yet so can't say where and when, but you can find the details in this month's Citylife magazine. You can also PM her.

Furthermore, there is the Chiang Mai expat club, that has meetings twice a month. There was a thread recently with the details.

Nienke

Here is the thread I was referring to: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...18989&st=15

Nienke

well if you are fre , it would be nice to hang out .

i send you my mobile - and i am open to all kinda topic ,

money making is too early at the stage . one thing you really got to learn in thailand is money is alway easy to spend but hard to make .

i love business idea and have tons of plan .. but then again . many of us is here to relax :o

so if you really have the mind for it . we can alway talk about ti and try to spot the problem , i am sure it would be alot of fun .

Hey Eveyone,

Thanks

Hi,

Nienke

He is a 24 year old male so he might not be welcome on girlie night. :o

Hey Eveyone,

Thanks

Hi,

Nienke

Maybe these young fellows really do get it for free? :o

Just a thought.....

If you already have a degree from a university then ignore my thoughts. If not, for the future of you and your future family, go back and get one first.

It is getting a lot harder to make money in Thailand without it. It is not impossible to do. I'm sure there are many people who make their living already like this. However, the odds for long term success are against you.

If you stay, get married and have children then you drag them down with you if/when your money making scheme fails in the future.

Thanks for your replies. Hope we can catch up later this(nex) week.

People are always skeptical when someone talks about opening a business or making money. I think it’s just a natural human reaction. There is a famous advertiser called Claude Hopkins he states something like this. Every good decision(business related) I have made, people have been against it. The better it turned out, the more people there were that originally that doubted me and suggested I didn’t do it. So to conclude don’t let an average man tell you what to do or not what to do. If claude had listened to the mass in his life he would have never reached success. This same lesson is shared in a large % of auto-biographies of successful people I have read.

I think in any country as long as you are industrious, innovative and work hard you will be successful in the end.

I think in any country as long as you are industrious, innovative and work hard you will be successful in the end.

I disagree. Luck always sticks its head in, and sometimes makes naught of industry, innovation and hard work, and much of their opposites. But don't take my word for it. :o

I disagree. Luck always sticks its head in, and sometimes makes naught of industry, innovation and hard work, and much of their opposites. But don't take my word for it. :D

Rass, where you been hiding out, you lucky bast..rd? We missed you last night at the MotoGP @ Down Under...

Oh, and on thread....LUCK is huge. I have been very lucky in this life. I was born in the Year of the Rabbit; very lucky, you know :o

Rass, where you been hiding out, you lucky bast..rd? We missed you last night at the MotoGP @ Down Under...

Oh, and on thread....LUCK is huge. I have been very lucky in this life. I was born in the Year of the Rabbit; very lucky, you know :o

RABBIT STEW

2 Rabbits

1 lg. can tomatoes, mashed

1 onion, chopped

Curry powder to taste

Parboil rabbits, cut in pieces. Drain and dry. Then brown the pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Next prepare mixture using tomatoes, onions, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add browned rabbit pieces to mixture and stew at low temperature for 3 to 4 hours. Thicken juice with flour and water for the gravy. Meat will fall off the bones.

Edited by Blinky Bill

RABBIT STEW

2 Rabbits

1 lg. can tomatoes, mashed

1 onion, chopped

Curry powder to taste

Parboil rabbits, cut in pieces. Drain and dry. Then brown the pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Next prepare mixture using tomatoes, onions, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add browned rabbit pieces to mixture and stew at low temperature for 3 to 4 hours. Thicken juice with flour and water for the gravy. Meat will fall off the bones.

Mate you forgot the carrots - you have to have carrots with a rabbit stew, and the spuds cut up into chunks. Other vegies that can be added are parsnips. turnips, or swedes. The secret ingredient is a dollop (imperial or metric, your choice) of vegemite to make it into a rich gravy sauce.

Where I grew up we called them underground mutton.

I am not so sure if McGriff would be any good - he has a head that looks like the Mixo got to him.

:D

CB

Mate you forgot the carrots - you have to have carrots with a rabbit stew, and the spuds cut up into chunks. Other vegies that can be added are parsnips. turnips, or swedes. The secret ingredient is a dollop (imperial or metric, your choice) of vegemite to make it into a rich gravy sauce.

I am not so sure if McGriff would be any good - he has a head that looks like the Mixo got to him.

Just love it when you talk Strine! How do you eat a swede? Don't their wives object? :o

McG

People here on Thai Visa are friendly enough but I'm guessing you have been out since you have been here and I don't know what your experience has been but face to face I have found foreigners to be hostile and extremely unfriendly. I haven't figured it out yet but it's like I'm peeing in their yard when I go to the supermarket. Thais on the other hand are friendly enough and talk to me more or smile and say hello. So, I have lived here for some years and I have one friend from France (funny thing is I'm American) yep we laugh about that a lot but all my other friends are Thai and Chinese. Good luck in your search and I promise if you see me in the street I'll be friendly.

Just love it when you talk Strine! How do you eat a swede? Don't their wives object? :o

McG

Translations:

A swede (small s) is a type of vegetable - a Swede is also a type of vegetable but comes from a country called Sweden.

The swede (small s) is similar to the turnip but is yellow in colour (note not color) It is a winter vegetable and is commonly added to soups and stews. It keeps it shape and texture so doesn't just turn to mush.

Mixo is a shortened form for Mixomytosis which is a disease introduced into Australia in an attempt to control rabbits. It is spread by mosquitoes and is a particularly nasty disease. It makes the eyes turn murky brown and causes the face and mouth of the rabbit to become infected and scabby. Basically the infected rabbit is ugly and totally useless, it was a way of having a real dig at you without you having the context to understand it.

:D

CB

People here on Thai Visa are friendly enough but I'm guessing you have been out since you have been here and I don't know what your experience has been but face to face I have found foreigners to be hostile and extremely unfriendly. I haven't figured it out yet but it's like I'm peeing in their yard when I go to the supermarket. Thais on the other hand are friendly enough and talk to me more or smile and say hello. So, I have lived here for some years and I have one friend from France (funny thing is I'm American) yep we laugh about that a lot but all my other friends are Thai and Chinese. Good luck in your search and I promise if you see me in the street I'll be friendly.

DrFisher - let't put this into context.

1) I know McGriffith on ThaiVisa and in the street

2) He is a good friend of mine

3) We speak this way face to face as well on the forum

4) If you are offended by this then I apologise, the context was in jest not issued as a flame

5) McGriff is big enough and certainly ugly enough to stand up for himself. He will appreciate a fellow American such as yourself sticking up for him but if anyone we didn't know tried to beat up on him AussieThai, myself, and most of the Chiang Mai forum would immediately bounce in to help him also.

6) Most of us have lived in Thailand and in Chiang Mai for quite some time, we all have Thai friends and family. We have different modes of behaviour when dealing with Thais than our more thick skinned mates such as McGriff

7) This is our playground - we play hard but fair, banter between us is natural and not malicious.

I hope this alleviates your concerns and if not then I am happy to continue the discussion via PM or if you prefer you may direct you concerns to a Moderator.

regards

CB

Austhaied at the Pub:

Crow Boy's Official Portrait (and this was on a good day!):

post-23786-1179809614_thumb.jpg

:o

I wish you would use the photo of me where I have at least combed my hair, that one with my hair all messy makes me look like a freak

CB

Translations:

A swede (small s) is a type of vegetable - a Swede is also a type of vegetable but comes from a country called Sweden.

Mixo is a shortened form for Mixomytosis which is a disease introduced into Australia in an attempt to control rabbits. It is spread by mosquitoes and is a particularly nasty disease.

I fear I must put on my Moderators gown, wig and black hat and object most strongly here on behalf of my fellow Chiang Mai Supermoderator, Meadish Sweetball who, as you should aware is a Swede from Sweden. Anybody who has been in close proximity to a Swede will know he, or she is not a vegetable. Indeed, they are a particularly strongly smelling type of fermented or pickled fish. With an aroma enough to make the Pla Raa brigade run for the hills.

As a Brit, we always referred to it as Myxi, with an "i" instead of the "o". I always thought it was spread by fleas.

As a young child we had a huge warren on our land, which must have had many tens of thousands of rabbits. Rabbit stew was a frequent item on our menu. By the time I was five or six, Myxi had struck and the warren had completely died out.

As for McG. I always thought a rabbit was only lucky if you cut it's foot off and carried it with you. Any truth in that rumour?

As for McG. I always thought a rabbit was only lucky if you cut it's foot off and carried it with you. Any truth in that rumour?

Well if you chop off the rabbit's foot, I guess you'll have to carry the poor rabbit around!

Or get him some wheels :o

Well if you chop off the rabbit's foot, I guess you'll have to carry the poor rabbit around!

Or get him some wheels :D

My information is that on Saturday night McGriffith was in desperate need for someone to carry him around and was totally incapable of finding his wheels let alone ride them.

:o

cB

Hey Eveyone,

Thanks

Skoper,,, Me and my girl like to hit Warmup Cafe often, it's a good clean joint free of the riff raff of the gurly bars. Think you'll like the crowd, fully of Uni graduates in your age range, lots of gurls and guys wanting to practice there Ungrit. Private Message if your interested. Good music etc. Jay

Hey Eveyone,

Thanks

Hey mate,

Reading your post was like looking in a mirror. I'm 23 years old, from Melbourne, Australia. I got here about 4 days ago and only know 1 thai female friend (just friend). I'm here for 5 months to sit a bunch of IT exams, and study a bit of Thai @ CMU.

I'll PM you my number, give me a call and lets meet up for a beer.

This invitation is open to everyone, the more friends the merrier.

Cheers

Though I agree with most farangs here being how they are decribed by you, in my experience with them, they all have been smiling and friendly... It's after I get hooked into being friendly with them that I learn how undesireable they are as friends to me. There is only one farang here I would call a friend. My other friends are all locals.

Oh well... :o