Muay Thai In Cnx

Lobin

I am looking for good motivational fitness, and solid muay thai training.

am totally new to muay thai, done some martial arts back in the day, but nothing notable, and need to get back into shape. I will be looking at doing about a solid months training inbetween going away for work for a month and then back again to carry on.

I have done a bit of looking around and have seen a couple of places that look like they are good, from first impressions, lannamuaythai.com and ancientmuaythai.com

any other suggestions or comments on these 2 at all please will be very appreciated?

cheers all

lobin

many thanks for that, any experiences or comments about the above?

the hill camp sounds good to me as its secluded and you are there fulltime to do the training, although at the moment i think that my general fitness would hold me back so would want to get into reasonbal shape before going to that one.

I saw a school on the south east side of Chiang Mai just outside of the super highway. There were a couple of farangs (one was a woman) who were running laps around a village obviously training at this school.

I don't know the name of it but I think it is near the Technology Asia School.

I used to train with Pedro at Muay Thai Sangka & I can highly recommend him. He spends lots of time teaching techniques & proper form, which I understand is generally not the case with the local Thai-run schools. And we trained hard, but newcomers could work up to the full pace slowly. It's good to do internet research & ask about others' experiences but the best thing you can do is to go visit the schools yourself & see what you think. Good luck, if you have any more specific questions you can post them here or pm me.

I went to the tourist office at thapae gate, it´s very close to the corner. Close to the pharmacies and the italian resturant. The pretty gal there hooked me up with a camp, they picked me up every day and it was a great camp. Loads of international pro´s there, and they had tried many camps and told me this one was the best. It was expensive, but I paid my days.. if you make a deal for months etc, you´d get it cheaper, and you can train twice a day with them if you want. My advice is go to the gal at thapae gate and she´ll hook you up.