Doctors say stroke-like symptoms after Sinovac shot, stress related

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've heard some cockamamie excuses in my time but this one sounds like a complete pile of horse....

How many stroke like incidents that require anti coagulants per million shots?

That's the only number that matters here.

You need to read Sheryl's response. You have no idea how Thai women can be afraid afraid of simple things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thai health authorities say the reported stroke-like symptoms occurring after some people get Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine, are a stress-related response, assuring the community that the vaccine is safe to use.

So their bosses in China have instructed them on what to say. ????????????

• Like 1

You have got to be kidding me.

I just had the Astra-Zeneca vaccine and I can assure you that I had no psycho-semantic stroke symptoms.  

Really, truly, who would put that filth into their bodies?  I would never, ever, EVER put the chinese vaccine in my body.  I'd put Sputnik in as a last resort, that's it!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thai health authorities say the reported stroke-like symptoms occurring after some people get Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine, are a stress-related response, assuring the community that the vaccine is safe to use.

Show me the science behind that statement otherwise it's nothing but wind.  Show me scientific studies from the past where clusters of the population come down with blood clots and stroke systems, at the same time, due to "stress." 
Continue down this path and the medical community will lose all credibility.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She said these neurological responses can be mitigated with conversation to help vaccine recipients create trust, while suggesting the vaccination station should be set up in a well ventilated area that is not too warm or humid, and the place should not be crowded, in order to lower a person’s anxiety

Now they are just being paternalistic as well as using pseudo-science to explain away vaccine side-effects and adverse reactions.

Nonsense. Some couple of  Billions were vaccinated in Chine, and Indonesia were vaccinated  incl,.  the whole Red Army without any major problem.  There is no COVID incidents in China, bot because the population has died out. Now these doctors have doubts. Could it be the situation is quite similar to Europe where some big players were bought by some producers than the other products all of the sudden became to dangerous? 

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/fatal-blood-clots-claim-500-000-eu-lives-annually.html

Fatal blood clots claim 500,000 EU lives annually

‘VTE kills more Europeans each year than breast cancer, prostate cancer, HIV/AIDS and road traffic accidents combined,’ said Dr Cohen, of Guy’s, King and St Thomas School of Medicine and King’s College Hospital, London, UK.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

I did not know, until now, that short term stress, created blood clots, can someone clarify this.

It doesn’t. That’s why upon medical imaging none were found in any of them. Anxiety or stress can cause the same symptoms as having a stroke though. Someone else posted this link before;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5991183/

3 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

It doesn’t. That’s why upon medical imaging none were found in any of them. Anxiety or stress can cause the same symptoms as having a stroke though. Someone else posted this link before;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5991183/

So, then there was no reason to treat them for blood clots.... rather they should have simply been treated for "stress," something does seem right.

4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

So, then there was no reason to treat them for blood clots.... rather they should have simply been treated for "stress," something does seem right.

It takes time to exclude a blood clot and if clots are present treatment needs to be given at once, within maximum 3 hours of the start of symptoms.

They were entirely correct to immediately treat pending confirmation.

As it turned out,  clots were not present but the risks of failing to treat are such that it was certainly the right call to treat presumptively.

The stress diagnosis is one of exclusion and made only after excluding all other possibilities.