Is There A Medical Lab In Pattaya Where Blood Tests

tropo

Prices were clearly indicated in English for a variety of tests. Most tests in the area 500-800 baht and some up to 1500-2000 baht.

Phil, those prices are very high. Are you sure they are for basic tests? My 3 tests were only 240 baht each, and I saw a long list of other tests they do (at Buakhao Clinic), also at this price.

Edited by tropo

I have got a number of medical certificates for different purposes like drivers license and others at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. These always involve seeing a doctor and usually cost less than 200 Baht. I'm sure they will do all sorts of blood tests there for a very small fee.

Would not use them for brain surgery and you may have to wait for a while if it's busy but the price is right.

Pattaya Memorial Hospital at the crossing of second and central rd.

I have got a number of medical certificates for different purposes like drivers license and others at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital. These always involve seeing a doctor and usually cost less than 200 Baht. I'm sure they will do all sorts of blood tests there for a very small fee.

Would not use them for brain surgery and you may have to wait for a while if it's busy but the price is right.

Pattaya Memorial Hospital at the crossing of second and central rd.

No one has yet mentioned having blood tests there. I may pop in there to find out if blood tests can be done for the public. In a way I would prefer to have my tests done at a hospital lab than at a small backyard clinic anyway.

the tests at 500-800b are for cancer blood tests the tests that i had were Anti HBs, HBsAg, HDL, LDL, CHOL, TRIG, CRE, ALK, SGPT, SGOT, CBC, ESR, PLT count, Urin Anaiysis. all for 1,100B YES 1,100 B :D PS AND I AM STILL ALIVE (well i think that i am ) :o

Yes I am sure the prices are what I saw. There were many different tests, some where like you mentioned, a combination of test for a price of around 1000 baht, but the cheapest individual test you could get was around 500 baht, nothing on the price list was below that, most were 600-800. I'd probably go for Memorial if I decide to go for any.

Edited by Phil Conners

the tests at 500-800b are for cancer blood tests the tests that i had were Anti HBs, HBsAg, HDL, LDL, CHOL, TRIG, CRE, ALK, SGPT, SGOT, CBC, ESR, PLT count, Urin Anaiysis. all for 1,100B YES 1,100 B :D PS AND I AM STILL ALIVE (well i think that i am ) :o

You didn't say where you had these test done. At Pattaya Memorial?

If so, that's where I'm heading for my next tests.

How long did it take? Did you just pop in and they served you on the spot, or did you have to make an appointment, or see a doctor?

You didn't say where you had these test done. At Pattaya Memorial?

If so, that's where I'm heading for my next tests.

How long did it take? Did you just pop in and they served you on the spot, or did you have to make an appointment, or see a doctor?

i had them at Pattaya Clinical Laboatory they were NOT combinatiom test just individual test that i had at the same time i went in at 08.00 and went back at 13.00 the same day. HDL LDL SGPT SGOT 50-100 BAHT PER TEST :D

They did not offer me that option. Sounds a bit like the Chinese pharmacies who decide the prices based on how much you seem to be able to afford. :D

are you saying that i look like a TRAMP :o i just whent in and told him what test that i wanted i have been going there for over 2 years and i dont have to first go on beach road with my hand out looking for a few baht to pay for my tests :D it must be nice to look at the world with rose tinted glasses :D

Pattaya International Hospital and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is ALWAYS too expensive.

Buakhao Clinic is also overpriced and caters to farangs and bar girls. And of course they will ALWAYS charge farangs much higher than the bar girls/boys.

Pattaya is known for sex tourism and less so for medical tourism as well.

Try government hospitals like the Naval Hospital in Sattahip for best prices.

Pattaya International Hospital and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is ALWAYS too expensive.

Buakhao Clinic is also overpriced and caters to farangs and bar girls. And of course they will ALWAYS charge farangs much higher than the bar girls/boys.

Pattaya is known for sex tourism and less so for medical tourism as well.

Try government hospitals like the Naval Hospital in Sattahip for best prices.

You've got to be joking. You'd go to Sattahip to save a few hundred baht on blood tests.

As you may know, a lot of blood tests require a fasting state (12 hours for some) with no fluids. You expect people to hop on a bus or take a taxi to Satahip in that state? It's amazing that some people go to almost embarrassing measures to save a few baht.

240 baht at Buakhao Clinic is ok. I'd rather go there than Sattahip even if the tests there were free.

In case you didn't notice, I started this thread to find out about places to go in PATTAYA.

You've got to be joking. You'd go to Sattahip to save a few hundred baht on blood tests.

As you may know, a lot of blood tests require a fasting state (12 hours for some) with no fluids. You expect people to hop on a bus or take a taxi to Satahip in that state? It's amazing that some people go to almost embarrassing measures to save a few baht.

240 baht at Buakhao Clinic is ok. I'd rather go there than Sattahip even if the tests there were free.

In case you didn't notice, I started this thread to find out about places to go in PATTAYA.

This for one blood test such as CBC? 240 baht Ok for me too. PBH for same test: 1 gloves 8 baht, BandAid 2.50 baht, 2 pieces cotton wool ball 5 baht, 1 alcohol wipe 3 baht, CBC 200 baht, nursing 6.50 baht, use of OPD 200 baht. Total 425 baht.

Bumrungrad would have been 345 baht.

This for one blood test such as CBC? 240 baht Ok for me too.

I couldn't say with certainty if the 240 price covers a CBC test, but they have a long list of tests that they do for 240 baht so it's highly likely it does. Pop in when you go past there and check out their list.