Concerning Biometrics - Canada

Hello, once I submit the application and the payment to bring my Thai wife from Thailand to Canada I understand there will be some sort of communication telling me that she needs to go to Bangkok to collect her biometrics. my question is this, from the time I get the go ahead to tell her to travel from Chiang Rai to Bangkok, will they be making the appointment in Bangkok and will there be enough time to make the travel arrangements? I just want to make sure that I don't get an email one day saying okay she's got to be there tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.

Also what is going on in Bangkok at the moment meaning will she need to quarantine in Bangkok and then again when she returns to home in Chiang Rai?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer because I'm not finding the information on the Canadian immigration website. Be well.

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised

Things must have changed. My wife has never been asked to provide biometrics.

I would email the canadian consulate in bangkok for an answer. They were always very informative and helpful when we applied for TRV's.

Good luck.

• Like 1

15 years before she need to go to the royal police in BKK, it was to check if she has a criminal record, we did all the paper work before sending the application, I did the PR for her much more relevant than a visa, good luck.

• Like 1