The year long Phony War is over - unless you’re a pandemic denier

rooster59

18 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yes but 600,000  is 0.0018% of the population and the average age of death is in the upper 70s. Doesn't that count for anything? I just checked the CDC and the deaths for people under 50 is 0.00007273% of the population!! That's for 2020 and now well into 2021. That's less then the number of people that die from traffic accidents every year and who knows what the condition of those people were, most likely numerous health problems with them. Btw this is the US which has one of the worst COVID outcomes in the world thanks to the pathetic health of the population.

So COVID is bad but it's not the global mega crisis the media is making it out to be. That's why I scoff at the fear mongering and mass hysteria.

Anyways I've said my part. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. If you're at risk then stay home and avoid contact with the general population etc... etc...

It is so easy for you to hand wave away 600,000 deaths, so you can go to the pub and have a beer.

Short sighted, too, as long as this virus is out of control, it may mutate into a form that kills you. Lockdowns reduce mutations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I agree. If you take away state names you can't tell which states had strict regulations and those who did very little (WY and CO for example). The only thing people can do is stay home if they're at risk. Anything beyond that is just punitive and destructive.

Somebody told you that, and they were lying to you.

of the 50 states, two out of the top three in cases per capita are North Dakota and South Dakota, with zero lockdowns between them.

Internationally, the highest levels are US, Brazil and India. No National lockdowns among them.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jerolamo said:

I like what finished showing yours your ironic, it's a rather clever way to divert a subject. This is not politeness at all, but wants to be clever (and is sometimes when it takes). Really, I find it distinct enough that it is noticeable. Everyone has their own style, good evening my friend, thank you for these very informative exchanges from "BBC news culture". ("young once, juvenile forever" is something that will change, you will see... i trust that you will prefer as soon as older, the experience out of any victim's sources propaganda)

Are you using some kind of translation app?

French to English?

Your post are very difficult to understand or maybe it is just me?

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

OMG look at how long it took for a single TVF member to pick that up, or could it be that most TVF members got it, I hope your not one of those TVF members who could be diagnosed with OCD   ????

Actually I think it's ODC.

Occasional Dictionary Collapse.

• Haha 2

Poor Rooster.. If he's reading these posts (and if he's smart, he isn't) I hope he can take some comfort from this quote..

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill"

Usually attributed to Winston, but apparently first said by Victor Hugo..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Actually I think it's ODC.

Occasional Dictionary Collapse.

Life is short and recently having found a useful tool for those who want to be keyboard warriors and nit pick, at the press of a button. Add new user to ignore list ????

18 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Not surprisingly you left out an inconvenient fact.

Let's examine the average age of UK Covid victim you state as 82. That means the victim was approximately 81 when they contracted the disease.  In UK the expected age of death for an average 81 year old UK resident is 89.  So on average those dying of COVID in UK lost an average of 8 years of life.  But of course there is a significant sampling bias at play.

Your use of simple statistics to support your opinion is very suspect.

The problem here is that the poster didn’t understand the concept that life expectancy increases to a degree as a person lives longer. And, they don’t really care.

All they know is what their internet friends send them, so they can make posts for their team.

No original thought, just rehashing false and tired themes:

Lockdowns don’t work.

They died with Covid, not from Covid

Face masks don’t prevent infections

nobody died from flu this year

The ones who are far gone are worse:

covid is a scam

The hospitals are empty

Only 3000 people died from Covid

The way to stop one of these people is to ask them what they would do to save more lives in Brazil. That causes brain freeze.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending26march2021

Apart from big spikes in April and November 2020 excess deaths in England and Wales are near enough the 5 year average.

At the moment the death rate is actually 5% below the weekly 5 yr average.

What the OP means is he wants to ban the "wrong type of opinion" - including a Nobel Prize winner like Prof. Michael Levitt, ex-Supreme Court Judge Lord Sumption etc etc 

1468710839_Screenshot2021-04-26at10_18_44.thumb.png.b26c2f8f884cc012077c17ba6f029906.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Not.

You will be shocked how many younger, healthy types will succumb over the next few weeks. It’s called a Cytokine storm, and it’s a way for Covid to kill healthy people.

Shocked , Nope

Interested, yes, interested in seeing whether your opinion is correct or not

come back in say 3 weeks, and show us the number of deaths and the ages of these people, including which ones had underlying illnesses

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Just read an article in the UK’s Sunday Times, about sufferers of long Covid, and they went from a 9 year old to a 47 year old, all of the people interviewed are struggling many months after contracting the virus. So how do we protect “the vulnerable” when they cover such a wide spectrum of society? 

i also read an article about the long term effects from the flu virus, , struggling for months, even years , that effects people of all ages , just like this covid virus does

Oops, i forgot, the flu does not kill or cause damage to people, only covid does this 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

– I am pro-vaccination as I have seen first hand  the damage that some viruses can do to human beings, and just for the anti-vaxxers: as a result of vaccines, smallpox has been eradicated and other life-threatening transmissible infections like polio, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, yellow fever and rabies are diminishing in many parts of the world and morbid complications of infections like tetanus are preventable.

Oddly enough it was one of my ancestors that discovered Smallpox vaccine.

Polio was eradicated by better sanitation.

Mumps and Measles I had, didn't know anyone that died from them.

Yellow fever and rabies was never common in the UK.

Would point out the experimental and emergency approved COVID gene therapies aren't vaccinations at all as they don't make the test subjects immune to COVID.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So far, it has resulted about 50 deaths a day, but deaths generally lag new infections by 3 weeks.

So, you can tell the next thousand or so dead Canadians that they were gaslighted into fearing the epidemic.

i should say this as gently as possible, but in what world don’t you fear a widespread disease that has killed 3 million people?

in a world where around 55.5 million people die each year

and especially in Thailand, where the deaths is less than 150 in 16 months, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It is so easy for you to hand wave away 600,000 deaths, so you can go to the pub and have a beer.

Short sighted, too, as long as this virus is out of control, it may mutate into a form that kills you. Lockdowns reduce mutations.

i like the word " MAY"

just like the words, possibly, could, if, They say so much, yet mean so little 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Great thesis, I'm sure, could you give us a précis?

You know the best part about TVF, the Add new user to ignore list ????

There's something even funnier and more satisfying than that...that's knowing that some posters really think that putting someone on their "ignore" list bothers those other members! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

There's something even funnier and more satisfying than that...that's knowing that some posters really think that putting someone on their "ignore" list bothers those other members! 

I've got about 100 posters on my ignore list.

Only 3 of those accounts are still active, it's stopped me having to read posts by many trolls.

Edited by BritManToo

58 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I think she might be trying to tell you she does not care about you....as you for none of those criteria. 

She also missed off  'aren't a pet dog, or give me money'.  We might think Britman's analysis is harsh, but it does have a certain amount of truth to it. Thankfully I'm covered under  the financial caveat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1