The year long Phony War is over - unless you’re a pandemic denier

rooster59

13 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

I say almost because he said that Covid denial was worse on Thaivisa on Facebook.

What is denial?

A lot of people are still smoking, obese, not taking care of their health after being locked down for a year for a virus that could have wiped out humanity. That's a form of denial.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, Libai said:

"

Of particular concern to this columnist is the large number of people - particularly on Thaivisa’s Facebook arm, far less so on the forum - who insist the pandemic is a hoax. I saw one who called Thaivisa scaremongers! Then there are those who spread malicious and idiotic nonsense about vaccines, people who believe they have a right to free speech.

It’s time not just to rid social media of such people but for governments to look at making it a crime to say such things, a bit like some nations have laws to rein in Holocaust deniers.

Pandemic and vaccine deniers need at the very least to be called out at every opportunity and possibly banned and prosecuted. "

The most important item in any Human is the right to Freedom of Speech whether you agree or not this right should be protected.  Without which we would be controlled by a dictatorial government where one could not speak out on any subject.   A very greasy pole to slipdown.

So you think that Holocaust deniers should be allowed to spew their lies all over the place?

No

On 4/27/2021 at 12:51 AM, AlexRich said:

Songs are fine, but you really get better information on deep state intentions from the patterns of clouds. 

You don't care much for songs then?

Can I tempt you with movies perhaps?

How many times have you heard the Wall Street journal telling you that you will get rich in the stock market if you "buy and hold"? 

What's a more accurate representation of how the stock market actually works? The endless news articles about buy and hold or the one scene from The Wolf of Wall Street where he tells you it's a fugazi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAQA_29Htts

Edited by covidiot

2 hours ago, Red Forever said:

So you think that Holocaust deniers should be allowed to spew their lies all over the place?

No

Disputing historical evidence is one thing. But using that as an excuse to hate on a certain group of people is wrong.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In America, infected Deniers will deny having Covid19 as they are dying from it.

You are missing an important point. 

Even the mainstream media is contradicting itself and sending out conflicting messages.

Where I am in farang-land, the head honcho came on and said the vaccine is safe. And just today another article was published in a mainstream media outlet that someone died from taking the astrazeneca.

In the past, maybe only lunatic fringe sites or people on social media were saying negative things about vaccines. Now the mainstream media is more than happy to report deaths or alleged deaths from vaccines while simultaneously assuring people that they are safe.

The information out there is schizophrenic just from one side. You don't even need opposing sides to be confused.

Even people who in the past never paid attention to the lunatic fringe are to some extent afraid of the vaccine because the mainstream media is reporting deaths from it. 

But people are not sure if they should be more afraid of covid or the vaccine.

Don't blame the lunatic fringe. The media is more than happy to inject doubt. 

Here is another example. Elon Musk tweeted "the corona panic is dumb".

Elon Musk is hardly a lunatic fringe. He is actually part of the elites. You don't find that odd that someone of that prominence is tweeting stuff like that? Not saying he's right. Just saying the whole situation is schizophrenic.

Edited by covidiot

7 hours ago, covidiot said:

You don't care much for songs then?

Can I tempt you with movies perhaps?

How many times have you heard the Wall Street journal telling you that you will get rich in the stock market if you "buy and hold"? 

What's a more accurate representation of how the stock market actually works? The endless news articles about buy and hold or the one scene from The Wolf of Wall Street where he tells you it's a fugazi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAQA_29Htts

Jordan Belfont is a convicted fraudster, so his story might not be the best example. Markets are complicated. The most famous buy and hold investor is Warren Buffett, and he’s done quite well. I’m not sure that the Wall St journal preaches buy and hold? Apart from people investing in index trackers, seldom do people do that. Holding periods of stocks have shrank dramatically  over the last 100 years.

7 hours ago, covidiot said:

You are missing an important point. 

Even the mainstream media is contradicting itself and sending out conflicting messages.

Where I am in farang-land, the head honcho came on and said the vaccine is safe. And just today another article was published in a mainstream media outlet that someone died from taking the astrazeneca.

In the past, maybe only lunatic fringe sites or people on social media were saying negative things about vaccines. Now the mainstream media is more than happy to report deaths or alleged deaths from vaccines while simultaneously assuring people that they are safe.

The information out there is schizophrenic just from one side. You don't even need opposing sides to be confused.

Even people who in the past never paid attention to the lunatic fringe are to some extent afraid of the vaccine because the mainstream media is reporting deaths from it. 

But people are not sure if they should be more afraid of covid or the vaccine.

Don't blame the lunatic fringe. The media is more than happy to inject doubt. 

Elon Musk is hardly a lunatic fringe. He is actually part of the elites. You don't find that odd that someone of that prominence is tweeting stuff like that? Not saying he's right. Just saying the whole situation is schizophrenic.

I know Elon, when he is not talking about software or hardware, he’s a moron.

Of course the media reports on the one in a million who die from the vaccine. It’s “man bites dog”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Concerning whether posting misinformation about Covid-19 should be banned, there is both a national prohibition against it, and it’s against board policy. For me, the question is what motivates people to get up at 3 am to post false information about the Epidemic, I don’t get it.

So, there are plenty of Covid Deniers left, from those who believe the entire epidemic is a hoax, to those that claim it is overblown, to the anti-Vaxxers, and those who are anti-lockdown and want everyone to either die or stop whining about it.

Still, there are not many Deniers who can top Mexican Deniers: many people in Mexico have an unusual opinion: although they don’t believe the virus exists,  they acknowledge that many people have died. How do they reconcile  these two beliefs? They claim that healthy people are brought to the hospital, and then killed by doctors and nurses. As a result, medical workers are often attacked in Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/28/2021 at 5:49 PM, covidiot said:

Disputing historical evidence is one thing. But using that as an excuse to hate on a certain group of people is wrong.

very wrong,    and shows the ignorance of those who try to use such comparisons.  

Edited by rumak

On 4/28/2021 at 6:47 PM, covidiot said:

Looks like a year old tweet from Elon Musk is still being used by the covid deniers, however science always catches up, even with Elon, tweet from this month

"To be clear, I do support vaccines in general & covid vaccines specifically. The science is unequivocal. In very rare cases, there is an allergic reaction, but this is easily addressed with an EpiPen."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1379887294933467139

• Like 2

Elon Musk recently Tweeted a Bill Gates anti-vaccine political cartoon. 

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/elon-musk-took-swipe-bill-100451518.html

My beliefs are not typical. I believe neither most of the stuff in the mainstream nor most of the conspiracy stuff. 

If you look at the political cartoon, it portrays everything as a nefarious plot. I don't see it that way, even though the dangers of the virus may have been blown out of proportion.

It would be too complicated for me to get into all my unorthodox beliefs, so I won't bother. 

5 minutes ago, covidiot said:

Elon Musk recently Tweeted a Bill Gates anti-vaccine political cartoon. 

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/elon-musk-took-swipe-bill-100451518.html

My beliefs are not typical. I believe neither most of the stuff in the mainstream nor most of the conspiracy stuff. 

If you look at the political cartoon, it portrays everything as a nefarious plot. I don't see it that way, even though the dangers of the virus may have been blown out of proportion.

It would be too complicated for me to get into all my unorthodox beliefs, so I won't bother. 

Satire which he deleted.

This one is still up, "To be clear, I do support vaccines in general & covid vaccines specifically. The science is unequivocal. In very rare cases, there is an allergic reaction, but this is easily addressed with an EpiPen."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Satire which he deleted.

Which he deleted ... and which he knew would be picked up by media ... 

There are "mind games" being played. 

It's silly to take everything at face value.

John Lennon - Mind Games

On 4/26/2021 at 1:24 AM, BostonRob2 said:
On 4/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Life is short and recently having found a useful tool for those who want to be keyboard warriors and nit pick, at the press of a button. Add new user to ignore list ????

Nitpick is one word ????

How many words in "self-awareness"?

Just now, covidiot said:

Which he deleted ... and which he knew would be picked up by media ... 

There are "mind games" being played. 

It's silly to take everything at face value.

John Lennon - Mind Games

I was responding to you as you were the one who was using him as an example to reinforce your post, looks like that didn't work out too well.

2 hours ago, covidiot said:

It's good that you are taking care of your health!

After a 5 year study researchers at Life University came to the conclusion that people feel

much better when they feel good .   

They also pointed out that this did not seem to have a very big influence on the lifestyle choices of a major segment of the population.

In what is now called the "Big Mac Theory" .............. the short term pleasures of gorging oneself

with taste enhanced cr*p seems to over-ride ones sense of long term consequence.

burp...........................

13 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Not Real'y a Covid post but regarding the Spread and the need to lockdown. In the UK the Bubonic Plague killed half the population in the 16th Century, 

Just a gentle historical reminder that the first wave of the 2nd pandemic of the Bubonic plague commenced in 1348 (14th cent) in what is now the UK, and went thru in successive waves until the last great plague stuck London in 1665. 

The first wave (1348-1351) is estimated to have killed between 25-60% of the population-so a very large gap as to mortality rates.

Curiously enough the 15-16th century produced "The Sweating Sickness"-which could kill you in a day and is now believed to be a Hantavirus-which had high rates of mortality in London and adjacent areas.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 6:17 AM, chilli42 said:

I am not a virus denier or an anti-vaxer.  What you are advocating is deeply troubling.  Social media is a monster that has slipped its bounds.  I don't pretend to have the answer.  However, the proposal of having the government and/or the social media companies determine what can be said is endorsing letting the fox mind the chicken coop.   There is a reason significant segments of society mistrust the government and tech companies ... they have demonstrated repeatedly that they can't be trusted.  

It doesn't stop there either, mainstream media , especially sky and bbc news are very selective with what they report and how they report it and neither can be trusted. In this digital world we are supposed to be well informed but it just seems that we are fed rubbish from all sides

• Like 2