Nordvpn & PIA

stament

44 minutes ago, salavan said:

Thank you for that, they did tell me before they won't send a card to me overseas maybe I will try again next time. 

This may be a recent development. It took me weeks to get my Thai mobile number into my profile on their website. After trying +66......... and 0066......... their website would always display 000066.........

I had to send them a secure message about it before they eventually got it right.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, JetsetBkk said:

This may be a recent development. It took me weeks to get my Thai mobile number into my profile on their website. After trying +66......... and 0066......... their website would always display 000066.........

I had to send them a secure message about it before they eventually got it right.

I had similar issues with Nationwide on the Thai mobile update. Now changed, but still unable to get Nationwide to send OTP's to the Thai number. only a UK number is noted as being accepted. Are you able to receive OTP's to your Thai mobile? Not a problem currently as I have their card reader which works fine plus a UK mobile as a backstop,

@salavan I can also confirm your comment about Nationwide cards being sent to Thailand. They have arranged replacement cards (credit card + debit & cash cards for my current accounts)  to my Thai registered address for the last 6/7 years with no problem.

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

I had similar issues with Nationwide on the Thai mobile update. Now changed, but still unable to get Nationwide to send OTP's to the Thai number. only a UK number is noted as being accepted. Are you able to receive OTP's to your Thai mobile? Not a problem currently as I have their card reader which works fine plus a UK mobile as a backstop,

@salavan I can also confirm your comment about Nationwide cards being sent to Thailand. They have arranged replacement cards (credit card + debit & cash cards for my current accounts)  to my Thai registered address for the last 6/7 years with no problem.

Yes, I can't get OTPs sent to my mobile either. I tried to get the App but it either wasn't on the Play Store or wouldn't install because of "geo-restrictions"?

Here's a message I sent to them just before my card expired last October:

My VISA Debit card expires at the end of this month.
You will be sending me a new one to my Thailand address.
This is the first time you have done this - before, it was sent to my England address.

I would like you to send the new card as soon as possible for several reasons:

1. The post in Thailand is not fast or reliable.
2. If it does not arrive for any reason, I cannot log in to Nationwide so I cannot even

send a message to let you know that it has not arrived.
3. I cannot log in using an SMS message code because you do not send to non-UK phones.
4. I cannot use your "app" as it is not available outside the UK.

So please let me know when you will send the new card so that I know when to expect it
and can let you know if it does not arrive.

Regards,

After confirming that they would send the card to Thailand, one of the help desk persons gave me this tip, but I don't think I'll be doing it:

Hopefully you will receive your card before the old card expires & this won't be an issue for you. However, in future years, 
when you're aware your card is due to expire in a month or so, it might be worth reporting the existing card damaged so that
you receive a replacement in plenty of time of the expiry of the old card. Damaged cards remain active for 21 days after a 
replacement has been ordered so you wouldn't lose access to your account whilst waiting for the new card.

I didn't point out to the person that if the card gets lost in the post, and the current card then expires, how do I contact them for another one?

I just sent them a message asking if they have a toll-free international number - something I've meant to do for a long time.

• Like 1