Tourist Insurance from UK for 42 year old

Steve80

I am looking a bit ahead here, and know things can change but is there a list of insurance providers which provide the Covid cover Thailand currently requires?

I am struggling to find something sensibly priced, or that meets the requirement.

22 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Which do you feel do not cover Thailand's requirements. I imagine most do; it's likely just a matter of getting them to provide a certificate confirming it.

Of course anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Most UK travel insurance quote comparison sites (for vacations) do not include Covid cover with the insurance at all, and the ones I have seen that do, do not cover the level required by Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thai consulate in london has links to Thai insurance providors.

https://covid19.tgia.org

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Both links seem to go to the same place.

From reading that it looks like it only covers Covid and nothing else - E.g. any other medical cover, lost luggage, theft etc...

I am presuming in addition to this I would also need a standard travel insurance policy to cover non-covid travel insurance related things.

24 minutes ago, Steve80 said:

Both links seem to go to the same place.

From reading that it looks like it only covers Covid and nothing else - E.g. any other medical cover, lost luggage, theft etc...

I am presuming in addition to this I would also need a standard travel insurance policy to cover non-covid travel insurance related things.

Thats the covid insurance you must have to travel to thailand, other travel insurance is up to you, not compulsory but probably a good idea.

All a moot point at the moment as you have quarantine and cant even leave the UK etc, and when you can travel freely the insurance requirements will probably change.

2 hours ago, Steve80 said:

Most UK travel insurance quote comparison sites (for vacations) do not include Covid cover with the insurance at all, and the ones I have seen that do, do not cover the level required by Thailand.

I think that salient point is this:

The FCDO currently advise against all but essential travel. If you travel against the FCDO advice, no cover is available under any of our policies.

The FCDO currently advise against all but essential travel.  If you’re planning a non-essential trip, and this advice doesn’t change by your departure date, you will not be covered if you go abroad. You will also not be covered for cancellation due to the advice preventing travel, although we expect holiday companies to be flexible and to offer refunds or date changes if travel is not possible.

If you are able to travel, either because the FCDO advice changes to allow it or because your trip is already legally permitted under the rules, you will be covered for:

• Medical expenses if you need treatment for Coronavirus while abroad, including up to £2,000 to cover additional accommodation costs if this treatment means you need to extend your trip.
  • Cancelling or cutting short your trip if you, a member of your family or travelling party, are medically diagnosed with Coronavirus or personally instructed to isolate by an NHS service or medical professional.

Please note that there is no cover for any other Coronavirus-related claims, including lockdowns, quarantines or other government restrictions. All other terms and conditions of the policy apply

https://www.insureandgo.com/help/coronavirus

So there is coverage available; but you will at least need a certificate showing US$100,000 at a minimum of coverage to present to the Embassy...AFAIK.