Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Registrations for vaccinations start May 1st

snoop1130

008782e92bb73724186a34204a55d760_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health will begin registering Thais for COVID-19 vaccination, starting with those over 60 years of age and with chronic illnesseses. Registration will be via the Mor Prom LINE account this May 1st, with an estimated 16 million people eligible.

Hospitals throughout the nation have uploaded lists of senior citizens and patients with chronic illnesses into the Mor Prom system in preparation for registrations starting on May 1st. Older citizens will be asked to do so using the LINE application and will have to input their 13-digit identification number and their preferred vaccination time into the system, before selecting a preferred hospital or department store.

The system will allow for registration on behalf of family members, while individuals may register in person at their nearest hospital, or with their area health volunteer or by phone.

The registration system has been readied to handle five times the estimated number of users - 20,000 per second -and has been streamlined to speed up the process.

Hospitals have uploaded 16 targeted names. Those who do not find their names in the system will not be able to register.

The Ministry of Public Health has prepared over 1,000 locations nationwide to carry out the vaccination program, including areas outside of hospital precincts, such as public pavilions and sports arenas. Fourteen locations beyond hospital premises have been provided by the private sector in Bankgok, including locations at SCG Bang Sue; Central Ladprao; The Mall Bangkapi; Robinson Ladkrabang; Lotus Minburi; Siam Mid Town; True Digital Park Thanya Park; Central Pinklao; ICONSIAM; PTT Station Rama 2; The Mall Bangkae and Big C Bang Bon.

Astra-Zeneca vaccines will begin being administered in June to 11.7 million senior citizens above the age of 60, and to 4.3 million people with any one of seven listed chronic illnesses.

The groups were chosen to reduce the fatality rate and severe illness rate resulting from infections.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-04-29

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Note the word "Thais" and "Citizens". Not residents.
Maybe trying to stop any confusion being spread by other clowns.
Refer to other post 1215441-expats-in-thailand-to-receive-covid-19-vaccinations-free-of-charge

"All people who reside in Thailand, regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the vaccine under the plan,” Mr Natapanu said. Deputy Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Foreigners are included in Thailand’s mass vaccination plans.
Full details of exactly when foreigners in Thailand will begin to receive the vaccination will be announced as soon as they are available, Mr Natapanu added.”
As if they will tell us.

It looks like its time to get out of this circus if you seriously want to get vaccinated within the next few months. 
Its possible that international  travel will become restricted in the next few months to people vaccinated.

So what do you do then, Waiting for Godot

Edited by jojothai
correction
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can't just have thousands and thousands of people turning up and crowding hospitals in the middle of a pandemic. 

US used mass vaccination centers.

I'd think they'd not want to use hospitals. Why hospitals? Blood drives even in Thailand routine.

Stick a needle in your arm and off you go. NEXT!

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

So this is yet another in the long series of applications that will only accept users with a Thai ID number. How does this fit in with the announcement that vaccinations would be available to all residents, regardless of nationality?

I have absolutely no idea what this means... ????

I think they meant 16 million.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

So this is yet another in the long series of applications that will only accept users with a Thai ID number. How does this fit in with the announcement that vaccinations would be available to all residents, regardless of nationality?

Residents have a Thai ID number, this is issued when they get registered in a house book.

Edited by jackdd

17 hours ago, jojothai said:

So what do you do then

In my opinion, you should hedge your bets each way, and plan ahead, i.e. try putting your name down at a few private hospitals to get vaccinated there, and if the Thai government makes it available to expats earlier than the private hospitals, then you have hedged your bets well, a win/win.

Doing it this way, you are in control of your life as opposed to waiting for Thai government to vaccinate you, and as you can see, I am hedging my bets, now that might sound like Thai bashing, but it's not, it's just my opinion in reality, they have their population of 66 million or half of them at least to vaccinate before us, and that will take till the end of the year for only half the population.

What will the expat community over 60 with pre-existing conditions make of this after they have been vaccinated, whether by the Thai government first, or the private hospitals, will be a matter for each individual to take in, in their own right.

For me personally, I won't be waiting and I won't be blaming anyone, I knew from the start what my worth would be in Thailand before I moved here, make of that what you will.

Happy vaxing and stay safe.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I have absolutely no idea what this means... ????

after everyone who holds a Thai ID, the doors will be opened to dogs followed then by cats, then quite possibly non Thai ID residents.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

In my opinion, you should hedge your bets each way, and plan ahead, i.e. try putting your name down at a few private hospitals to get vaccinated there, and if the Thai government makes it available to expats earlier than the private hospitals, then you have hedged your bets well, a win/win.

???

There is only one private hospital that has taken registrations AFAIK and I registered, but now these clowns are not allowing private purchase.

Try your best to find any others. I have wasted hours calling five private hospitals many times and they don't have any plans or registration yet.

It now looks to me like the autocracy are going to do the Thai registered people first and private will have to wait.

Enough is enough. I have already chosen flights to the UK and starting to prepare to leave.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jojothai said:

???

There is only one private hospital that has taken registrations AFAIK and I registered, but now these clowns are not allowing private purchase.

Try your best to find any others. I have wasted hours calling five private hospitals many times and they don't have any plans or registration yet.

It now looks to me like the autocracy are going to do the Thai registered people first and private will have to wait.

Enough is enough. I have already chosen flights to the UK and starting to prepare to leave.

I believe you are mistaken, they would have been talking about the "private sector" not private hospitals, as they got the green light a few weeks back.

My understanding is that the government wanted and received support from the private sector to assist in getting their staff vaccinated, only to be scrapped very quickly.

No need to exit yet, just keep your eyes open and ear to the ground, the private hospitals should have some vaccines by June I would hope, they are more efficient than this government has been, naturally they will make a profit, but have to wait for some of the vaccines to be approved by the FDA here first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Anybody know what the 7 pre-existing conditions are?

1 age over 60 years old,

2 cronic disease like respitory disease, heart disease, diabetes and overweight

My wife 70 and mildly diabetic went to the Line Mor Phrom site and signed up and it told her she wasn't eligible for the first round.  Plus there are pages upon pages of junk to read on it.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you are mistaken, they would have been talking about the "private sector" not private hospitals, as they got the green light a few weeks back.

My understanding is that the government wanted and received support from the private sector to assist in getting their staff vaccinated, only to be scrapped very quickly.

No need to exit yet, just keep your eyes open and ear to the ground, the private hospitals should have some vaccines by June I would hope, they are more efficient than this government has been, naturally they will make a profit, but have to wait for some of the vaccines to be approved by the FDA here first.

Unfortunately, at present I am not mistaken.
Can you tell me one private hospital that has been able to order / get the vaccine?
There was the one that proudly said it had ordered vaccine a long long time ago.
And I registered.
Guess what? Nothing.

Surely you see the problem here.

Are there any brown envelopes accompanying the applications.

This autocracy criticises previous governments for corruption when it is reported to be far worse.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, rwill said:

My wife 70 and mildly diabetic went to the Line Mor Phrom site and signed up and it told her she wasn't eligible for the first round.  Plus there are pages upon pages of junk to read on it.

She's Thai?

70 and diabetic is definitely in the high risk group. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

She's Thai?

70 and diabetic is definitely in the high risk group. 

Yes, she is Thai.  Here is the thing though.  The hospitals have to load your name to the mor pram site to show up as eligible for the first group.  We only go to a private hospital.  I think it is just the government hospitals that have provided names of eligible people.  I suppose we could go to the local government hospital to register but she hates going to them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rwill said:

Yes, she is Thai.  Here is the thing though.  The hospitals have to load your name to the mor pram site to show up as eligible for the first group.  We only go to a private hospital.  I think it is just the government hospitals that have provided names of eligible people.  I suppose we could go to the local government hospital to register but she hates going to them.

Oh wow.

So you're not allowed to self report your health conditions?

That's very bad!

Lots of discussion on  this site and how you can get access to priority vaccination via Mor Phrom. I went to my hospital (Samitivej) today to get help with the online LINE application.... I have social security number but not Thai ID number  and the condo where I rent cannot issue  yellow book.  We tried a number of different ways even inserting a dummy number in the Thai ID card box but no way to do it.  I saw some comments on TV a little while ago  that said you didn't need to have Thai ID...   a social security number will do .... is this true.. Im just over 60 with COPD so fall into the priority group  so anxious to see how I can register .. any help welcomed

1 hour ago, Brierley said:

Registrations for foreigners begins 1 July and not before, I've just had that confirmed to me this morning by three government hospitals and one public health office.

Even high risk ones? Will they accept passport id's? Hopefully private hospitals will receive doses sooner than that but now I suspect that they probably won't be allowed to jab f-rangs until August. 

How does it feel to be treated as less human than Thais? 

Its one thing to not get special treatment. That's fine. But being treated like this? Potential future expats be well warned what awaits.

Edited by Jingthing

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Even high risk ones? Will they accept passport id's? Hopefully private hospitals will receive doses sooner than that but now I suspect that they probably won't be allowed to jab f-rangs until August. 

How does it feel to be treated as less human than Thais? 

Its one thing to not get special treatment. That's fine. But being treated like this? Potential future expats be well warned what awaits.

Even high risk ones, I'm 72 and easily qualify for the high risk group.

• Thanks 1