Registrations for vaccinations start May 1st

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Even high risk ones? Will they accept passport id's? Hopefully private hospitals will receive doses sooner than that but now I suspect that they probably won't be allowed to jab f-rangs until August. 

How does it feel to be treated as less human than Thais? 

Its one thing to not get special treatment. That's fine. But being treated like this? Potential future expats be well warned what awaits.

I hear you but Ive seen a few entries here where non Thai nationals with Pink card and who fit the criteria be able to book appt in June for vaccination....

3 minutes ago, monty1412 said:

I hear you but Ive seen a few entries here where non Thai nationals with Pink card and who fit the criteria be able to book appt in June for vaccination....

Yes and there are multiple OTHER reports that those appointments were made by a MISTAKE in the programming of the booking app. Apparently, if those reports are true, there was never any INTENTION of allowing any f-rangs to either book or get vaccines before much later. Reportedly for booking starting July presumably for starting August. Yes, this dark news would indeed mean that HIGH RISK foreigners are NOT being taken care of in the same pool as HIGH RISK Thais.

Yes I understand this situation is almost impossible to follow and what seems to be true today could easily be shown to be false tomorrow. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, rwill said:

Yes, she is Thai.  Here is the thing though.  The hospitals have to load your name to the mor pram site to show up as eligible for the first group.  We only go to a private hospital.  I think it is just the government hospitals that have provided names of eligible people.  I suppose we could go to the local government hospital to register but she hates going to them.

I had registered direct with a local Bangkok private hospital for vaccination for when they get supplies.  When I Registered on the Mor Prom App it automatically allocated me to the hospital I had previously registered my interest for vaccination.

So perhaps go to your local private hospital to register first, then try again?

9 hours ago, rwill said:

Yes, she is Thai.  Here is the thing though.  The hospitals have to load your name to the mor pram site to show up as eligible for the first group.  We only go to a private hospital.  I think it is just the government hospitals that have provided names of eligible people.  I suppose we could go to the local government hospital to register but she hates going to them.

I had registered direct with a local Bangkok private hospital for vaccination for when they get supplies.  When I Registered on the Mor Prom App it automatically allocated me to the hospital I had previously registered my interest for vaccination.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and there are multiple OTHER reports that those appointments were made by a MISTAKE in the programming of the booking app. Apparently, if those reports are true, there was never any INTENTION of allowing any f-rangs to either book or get vaccines before much later. Reportedly for booking starting July presumably for starting August. Yes, this dark news would indeed mean that HIGH RISK foreigners are NOT being taken care of in the same pool as HIGH RISK Thais.

Yes I understand this situation is almost impossible to follow and what seems to be true today could easily be shown to be false tomorrow. 

many thanks for your balanced  comments here... 

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I did that about three days ago at Samitivej......

If you live in Chonburi Province and have a pink ID, use this app as it works and doesn't require the number from the back of the card.

image.png.6e105caadf9a24e6608a15f8e2d89e59.png

Mohpromt app from playstore or apple. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus Requires a OTP to initially set-up, the only thing you need to enter is ID number.

15 hours ago, monty1412 said:

Yes, they booked it.

But did the policy INTEND for them to be able to book it, as they are a foreigner?

21 hours ago, Brierley said:

Registrations for foreigners begins 1 July and not before, I've just had that confirmed to me this morning by three government hospitals and one public health office.

Despite some cases of "irregularities" of foreigners being able to book in June, local villages stuff, etc. I have come to the conclusion that those dates above are actually the REAL intended government policy for the timing of the beginning of allowing vaccines for foreigners including high risk foreigners. But that doesn't mean that that has been formally, clearly, and officially announced as such. I don't think that it is. So it leaves many of us in AMBIGUITY landia.

Edited by Jingthing

From what I have read, the Thai Prompt app was developed by Chonburi hospital but is not limited to Chonburi province. This 24-year-old foreigner got an appointment at a Bangkok hospital through the app with just her social security number:

It seems a later version of the app asks for a Laser ID, which is only available on Thai ID and pink ID cards. When I type my SSN it displays my name and birth year correctly but the date is incorrectly January 1st. I am then asked to put in my Laser ID, but when I do it fails - presumably due to the incorrect birth date.

I had no luck with the Line app either. I enter all the info from my pink card and it just keeps saying it is incorrect. I have foreign friends who could register and Thai friends who had all kind of problems registering. Go figure.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, 4MyEgo said:

In my opinion, you should hedge your bets each way, and plan ahead, i.e. try putting your name down at a few private hospitals to get vaccinated there, and if the Thai government makes it available to expats earlier than the private hospitals, then you have hedged your bets well, a win/win.

Doing it this way, you are in control of your life as opposed to waiting for Thai government to vaccinate you, and as you can see, I am hedging my bets, now that might sound like Thai bashing, but it's not, it's just my opinion in reality, they have their population of 66 million or half of them at least to vaccinate before us, and that will take till the end of the year for only half the population.

What will the expat community over 60 with pre-existing conditions make of this after they have been vaccinated, whether by the Thai government first, or the private hospitals, will be a matter for each individual to take in, in their own right.

For me personally, I won't be waiting and I won't be blaming anyone, I knew from the start what my worth would be in Thailand before I moved here, make of that what you will.

Happy vaxing and stay safe.

Take the government vaccine, if you can get it.  When Pfizer and Moderna are available at private hospitals in a year's time, take one of those as a booster.  Hopefullly it will be tweaked for new variants.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Take the government vaccine, if you can get it.  When Pfizer and Moderna are available at private hospitals in a year's time, take one of those as a booster.  Hopefullly it will be tweaked for new variants.

I have managed to secure a date for the AZ vaccination, i.e. 7 June using a public hospital, I know it will be the AZ because I am over 60 and cannot get the other two starting with S.

In a years time, I will definitely get a another because I know if they can't get the masses vaccinated worldwide, there will be more and more variants, hopefully that won't be the case, because all you need is one like in India at the moment and it could be game over.

Watch out for that bus.