Thai mutual funds?

I am quite knowledgeable about mutual funds in the USA but know nothing of Thai mutual funds.

I would like to set up some sort of investment scheme for my (Thai)

wife, in her name here in Bangkok.  All my personal (equity) assets are in my name in US brokerage accounts with my wife listed as POD to her.  Whatever fund(s) I invest in here, the total amount would be around 1 million bhat.

So, firstly, any suggestions where I can start researching info.  I am quite conservative in my investment outlook so  a few fund  suggestions too would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Thanks for the replies, both very helpful and informative.   I guess I should have spoken to my wife in a bit more detail as to what I was planning to set up for her regarding investments.   Well, seems she is happy enough with bank CDs,  MMA, etc.   Not very exciting stuff but very safe.

Please, no more replies needed|

• 3 weeks later...

I am uk citizen and will return to Thailand after covid  using a thai retirement visa

My wife is thai

We might be doing stock market /ETF s when we return

Am I allowed to invest without getting a work permit

what would the CGT and dividend tax rate be for me and my wife

thanks  bye

If you're just looking for passive exposure to broad market Thai equities, you might consider Black Rock's sector ETF (ticker: THD) . It trades on the NYSE and can be bought by any brokerage that allows transactions on that exchange.

Should have lower fees than most mutual funds with the same mandate but will expose you to fluctuations in the USD/THB exchange rate (as it's priced in USD but underlying is in THB). Just an option for you to consider.

Take a look at Aberdeen Thailand. I was with them for many years and liked their selection. Be forewarned that Thailand investments don't perform as well as the U.S. However, now might be a good time to get in while the economy is down.

• 11 months later...