Travel to Thailand with current non o multiple entry marriage extension

Hi,

I need to travel from Thailand to UAE for a few days and travel back here. I have a current non o marriage extension. It seems quite straight forward to leave here but how about coming back ? I understand I will have to quarantine on arrival here but what will I need before leaving UAE ?

All information appreciated.

Thanks,

Wookie

You will need to get a Certificate of Entry (COE) from the appropriate Thai embassy (which I think is in Abu Dhabi). For this, you will need flight and ASQ bookings, as well as Covid insurance. Prior to departure from the UAE, you will also need a negative Covid test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

You will need to get a Certificate of Entry (COE) from the appropriate Thai embassy (which I think is in Abu Dhabi). For this, you will need flight and ASQ bookings, as well as Covid insurance. Prior to departure from the UAE, you will also need a negative Covid test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.

Do I need covid insurance ? I thought if married to a Thai it is not a requirement. I am in Thailand now without insurance but I need to get a policy to come back ?

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Do I need covid insurance ? I thought if married to a Thai it is not a requirement. I am in Thailand now without insurance but I need to get a policy to come back ?

Covid 19 insurance is required for entry to the country. It will need to valid for the length of stay you get when you enter the country which in your case will be when your extension and re-entry permit expires.

You can purchase it online here. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Terms of entry should make the insurance situation clear.  when returning from UK in Jan 2021 a condition of CoE was that I had insurance for Covid for $100,000.

Government web-site for CoE should make this clear.  When I applied it was 'No proof of insurance policy, no CoE'

My advice; unless you really have to leave Thailand, do not.  It is not worth the hassle and expense of ASQ to get back into the country.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 insurance is required for entry to the country. It will need to valid for the length of stay you get when you enter the country which in your case will be when your extension and re-entry permit expires.

You can purchase it online here. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Understood thanks, do I also need a separate health insurance policy aswell as the covid insurance ?

12 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Understood thanks, do I also need a separate health insurance policy aswell as the covid insurance ?

The only insurance that is required is the covid 19 insurance.

35 minutes ago, Robin said:

Terms of entry should make the insurance situation clear.  when returning from UK in Jan 2021 a condition of CoE was that I had insurance for Covid for $100,000.

Government web-site for CoE should make this clear.  When I applied it was 'No proof of insurance policy, no CoE'

My advice; unless you really have to leave Thailand, do not.  It is not worth the hassle and expense of ASQ to get back into the country.

Your advice is valid, probably best to delay my trip until the quarantine rules are relaxed and I get vaccinated here (whenever that may be as I would only have the Pfizer)