Syrian with colorful history and other overstayers all arrested in Nana area of Bangkok

webfact

Thees has to e be at least 2 of the One Thousand and One Nights  of Arab folk tales, fancy that Arabs involves in shonkey business in Nana, who would have thought...keep them coming please..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I recall various announcements over the last 4 to 5 years which proclaimed there are now zero foreigners on overstay.

There was actually just one declaration, made by Surachate 'Big Joke' Hakparn, that was universally mocked and debunked by most observers.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

There he ditched his passport and crossed a natural border back into Thailand paying an agent the equivalent of 100,000 baht to help him.

Ha ha nuff said.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Catching scum like those in that area must be as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. Good work.

If it was that easy then do you think they might have found the 7 year overstayer sooner?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

How is this possible.? Did they lie to us? Surely they knew the guy was on overstay because of the computers and I know they had computers 10 years ago, never mind only 7 years ago.

Perhaps the Immigration "smart cars" have been in the shop for service lately...

Syriously!  ????

5 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

If I was an Arab on serious overstay I would also choose to live in the Nana area.

If they had moved to Isaan, they would stick out like a sore thumb.......

72733841.jpg

Well they don't spend all their time in soi 3.  Once your out of there and walking towards T21 your in drug dealer territory and it's open season. 

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

How is this possible.? Did they lie to us? Surely they knew the guy was on overstay because of the computers and I know they had computers 10 years ago, never mind only 7 years ago.

TIT, computers are for storing information, can you actually use them as well?

• Haha 1

I don't read nothing about they arresting the agent that brought him in through natural border . Maybe it's an idea for them to look into that as well being that a lot of covid has come into the country that way as well . Or is that the person that gave the tip ?? First getting 100.000baht to bring him here and then sharing it with the group that arrested him . I see a business idea here , oh sorry they have been doing this for ages already ???? it's bigger news if they caught the agents and their co-perpetrators but i geuss that's killing the goose that lays the golden eggs . 

The Grace Hotel in the Nana area was full of a mix of these and other Middle Easterners. at least it was several year ago.

As well as some other nearby Hotels. So it is likely they had others of similar appearances in the same area.  Good catch

When will the deportation take place?

Geezer