marriage visa

Hi, Ive been trying to do the E-Visa for marriage from the UK today Ive struggled with it to be honest, The last upload required is a Residents Permit, Itried to send the application by leaving it out but no joy, Anyone done this before and knows what to put in there?, If not I think I will  go Visa Exempt, Do you need to have booked and paid for everything before applying for the COE ? Thanks for any help. 

I fear that I will have to do the same myself. As I thought the e-visa sounds like a nightmare. (KISS) Keep It Simple Stupid needs to be Thai Immigration's new motto. Otherwise forget about ever getting foreign visitors again. Who is the idiot that comes up with these brainstorms?

1 hour ago, taximan1954 said:

There was another part where I had to get my wife to send me a email inviting me to our home then upload it.. This was a hassle as my wife doesn't write much English.  Your comments are bang on

Your Thai wife needs to write the letter in Thai. My advice is have her mail you the letter and you upload to the embassy. But overall the Thai government has a knack at making such what should be an easy process a nightmare. Look at most other countries in Southeast Asia how easy they are to get a visa and enter. Granted after Covid it will change but I am sure the other countries understand keep it simple. No one wants to deal with a nightmare of a visa system. Understand during Covid your marriage to a Thai does not me S$i! to the government you are down at the bottom of the pile like your typical two week sex tourist. In my opinion that is a disgrace what they have done during quarantine to expats with a wife and or children. Hold them ransom for thousands of dollars to do quarantine in some of the most expensive hotels in the country. It's all about $$$ for their already rich friends and as you see all their effort to stop the virus from getting worse was a complete failure.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. I had thought about that . The passport page is already uploaded  earlier. I thought they were looking for something else.. My wife managed to email my invitation to me in English do you think that will be ok?

1 minute ago, taximan1954 said:

Thanks again Joe. One more question. I've  uploaded the English translation of my marriage certificate . Will that be ok. I can't find any guidelines for E visa. I don't even know the cost

You marriage certificate could of been in Thai. 

There is a manual for the site but it does not go into detail for the different types of visas applied for.

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf

You will pay the fee later in the application process with a credit/debit card. Looked for a fee list on the embassy website but seems to be missing.

I just got 3 months visa from USA, came here and applied here for marriage visa. it's easier.Make sure you tell Thai embassy that you are married to Thai national and you will change your visa in Thailand, so they know what kind of visa to issue, you don't have to go out and come back (border jump) to Thailand to change it to NON-O visa

11 hours ago, taximan1954 said:

There was another part where I had to get my wife to send me a email inviting me to our home then upload it.. This was a hassle as my wife doesn't write much English.  Your comments are bang on

Thai is better

Slightly off-topic, but is it possible to get a new copy of the marriage certificate, Ours is 30 years old and is now looking a bit worse for wear. Rather like myself. I'm guessing one might have to go to where the marriage took place, which makes it a non-starter as we married in Bangkok and now live in Issan.

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Slightly off-topic, but is it possible to get a new copy of the marriage certificate, Ours is 30 years old and is now looking a bit worse for wear. Rather like myself. I'm guessing one might have to go to where the marriage took place, which makes it a non-starter as we married in Bangkok and now live in Issan.

You cannot get a new marriage certificate. They do not issue them.

• Thanks 1