Large and XL clothes and shoes ChiangMai

Kanada

I know there will be previous posts concerning this exact subject but as a new comer I’m still learning to navigate and search!

As above my closest city would be ChiangMai when lockdowns are over and we gain a small semblance of normality????

Just be aware of asian sizing, an L in the west would be 2xl or more in Thailand.

Lazada online shopping will give you a wider range but watch the sizing used it does vary alot.

• Thanks 1

online is the only place that I can get size 46 shoes and trainers. Keep in mind, as Charlie H says,  beware the sizing charts.

Thai men have a lot of small body parts apparently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The 71 Export shop on Huay Kaew near the corner of Canal Road has lots of big clothing sizes (I'm 6'2" 220lbs and they've got some stuff that's too big for me)- they don't have much for shoes, though (some limited-edition sneakers upstairs, though I have no idea of sizes).  As noted, Lazada has some larger sizes, and I've seen some large sizes for running shoes (as well as athletic wear) at Decathlon in Tesco Hang Dong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, flare said:

The 71 Export shop on Huay Kaew near the corner of Canal Road has lots of big clothing sizes (I'm 6'2" 220lbs and they've got some stuff that's too big for me)- they don't have much for shoes, though (some limited-edition sneakers upstairs, though I have no idea of sizes).  As noted, Lazada has some larger sizes, and I've seen some large sizes for running shoes (as well as athletic wear) at Decathlon in Tesco Hang Dong.

Yup....this was about the best place I could find in Chiang Mai when I lived there but you have to be sure to try everything on because sometimes the cut can be a bit off.  It was hard for me being tall and slender (6’4” 190lbs) as many times, if a shirt was long enough, it would fit like a tent.

Shoes are gonna be a tough one if you’re above a size 11 US.  Size 12 and the selection becomes much more limited and anything above that (I’m a 13) and you’ll be stuck with maybe one choice, if that.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, flare said:

The problem with a lot of Lazarda shoes is that the length/width may be okay in large sizes, but the shoe opening is too small to get your foot into the shoe.  I have come across this a couple of times with so called deck shoes.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

The problem with a lot of Lazarda shoes is that the length/width may be okay in large sizes, but the shoe opening is too small to get your foot into the shoe.  I have come across this a couple of times with so called deck shoes.  

Funny you should mention that, I was shopping for shoes just last night, and the variation in what sellers were calling a UK size 9 was unbelievable, three different sellers all had different ideas as to what the size was. Anywhere between 42 - 46 ! Ialso found the Chinese sellers to be the tiniest sizes.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Funny you should mention that, I was shopping for shoes just last night, and the variation in what sellers were calling a UK size 9 was unbelievable, three different sellers all had different ideas as to what the size was. Anywhere between 42 - 46 ! Ialso found the Chinese sellers to be the tiniest sizes.

I found this with my shuffle dance shoes!  Don't laugh, its great exercise but you need the right gear. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I've had good luck through the Lazada brand sections like their 'Nike Flagship Store', where the sizes  (and width) seem the same as the US and they often have sizes up to '12' (my size- I don't have a particularly wide foot, so your experience may vary;)), and I've seen 13 a couple times. 

• Like 1

There is a giant size clothing store near Bangkok Bank at Meechok Plaza. It's on the parking lot side (to the left as you face the bank), so if you don't see it, ask around. 

As you leave the cashier in Makro, before the exit turn left toward the mini food court. Just there, on the right, they have blank colored shirt, T's mostly I think, that I believe also have ginormous sizes. 

BigC and maybe Tesco, are starting to stock bigger shoe sizes. I've seen 45 I think. 

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I found this with my shuffle dance shoes!  Don't laugh, its great exercise but you need the right gear. 

I think someone must have caught you on their phone ? Or was this a TVF meeting.....5555

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I just don’t think I can buy shoes on line...I have a hard enough time in person and a little hard to fit as well!

I might try some tshirts or something but mostly looking to shop in person I guess!

I seem to have tons of dressy shirts and shorts but I’m short of tshirts etc. for gardening....I sweat so much in this hot weather I change twice a day.

I don't wear T shirts here - too hot

Over to Warorot market, upstairs, lady has bags of this cotton shirts made in China. Pullovers with 2 buttons. In white mostly so pick up some dye when I am there and color at home.

Buy 20 at a time and get them cheap

Very light. Very cool.

7 hours ago, KC 71 said:

???????? sizes are same as euro ~ so XL is really XXL

Plus plus.. Got a 5xl jacket and its a tight XXL at best.. 

Even shoes.. Europe I get 45's, a lot of stuff here 46 is tight... How can a number measurement be different, XL etc is perhaps relative but a 12 is a 12 is a 12.. 

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Plus plus.. Got a 5xl jacket and its a tight XXL at best.. 

Even shoes.. Europe I get 45's, a lot of stuff here 46 is tight... How can a number measurement be different, XL etc is perhaps relative but a 12 is a 12 is a 12.. 

Seems the same everywhere tho but maybe not to this extreme

i always bought good shoes at least in the last 20 years and I’ve had 11 and even a pair of 12’s in my closet at the same time...depends on width

I travel to LOS with a carry on so can jump planes at the 7 airports in go thru

So i pack light and buy 2nd hand clothes at used shops in CM...can find my sizes--cotton--and dirt cheap

have found some crazy shirts from my hometown at these shops...even found a Maga trump shirt --10 baht!!  555

Donate it when I leave....cycle of life ????  I rarely buy anything new as long as the item serves its purpose

Decathlon has some models of shoes up to size 47 (13). On the little street behind the Post Office museum (Wororat Market area) is a used denim store that has some large sizes. Pants up to 38inch inseam/42waist. On Wichawanon Road near Thaepae Road.

32 minutes ago, islandguy said:

Decathlon has some models of shoes up to size 47 (13). On the little street behind the Post Office museum (Wororat Market area) is a used denim store that has some large sizes. Pants up to 38inch inseam/42waist. On Wichawanon Road near Thaepae Road.

Thank you that’s great info and I’ll check it out as soon as we start moving around again!

I've been hearing about used clothing stores....is that common  in ChiangMai?

Large sizes are hard to find but can be found.

No shortage of Thai Ladies who can make to your size.

Look around as you travel or ask Thai nationals.

I have a lady in my condo who makes my shirts and underwear.

john

I hadn’t thought of that...where I come from tailors are considered somewhat exclusive....I’ll ask around and see if that will work for me 

I’m small town here but Chiang Mai is down the road

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

Large sizes are hard to find but can be found.

No shortage of Thai Ladies who can make to your size.

Look around as you travel or ask Thai nationals.

I have a lady in my condo who makes my shirts and underwear.

john

20 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Also very cheap, you specify material and colour, they buy from local shop, mesure, I give old clothes that fit, Shorts, Shirts and underwear and the lady copies and makes. They love cash.

john

Excellent info...love that idea and I really like to help locally whenever I can....my money seems to get away in all directions but I feel best about it when I can help someone I might know if only a little bit

• Like 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

Some great deals to be had in H&M here in Phuket Im sure it would be the same in CM 

H and M ??

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Some great deals to be had in H&M here in Phuket Im sure it would be the same in CM 

H and M ??