Large and XL clothes and shoes ChiangMai

Kanada

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Some great deals to be had in H&M here in Phuket Im sure it would be the same in CM 

Ok....thank you for the H&M info...I googled it and found the store in Maya Mall ChiangMai.

I have walked by it before but never went in????
I will check it out

• Like 1

I'm tall (6'4) and slim, and in Thailand Uniqlo's XL sizes fit me reasonably well (I'm size L in Uniqlo's western sizing).  

For shoes, I'm a convert to Ecco (pricy, but comfortable), I'm size 46. Ecco don't seem to have a store in Chiang Mai, but they do in Bangkok. Check out the Ecco FB page for links and more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dundas said:

Ecco don't seem to have a store in Chiang Mai, but they do in Bangkok. Check out the Ecco FB page for links and more. 

Central Festival has an Ecco. 2nd floor towards Robinson will get you close.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Plenty of tailors will be happy to make clothes to fit. As for footwear there was a place that made such near Pantip, but I have no idea if still open.

Yes I’m convinced that’s the way to go....just have to find the right person! I can’t make head nor tail of sizing here and sure would order on line 

For tshirts and casual shorts a seamstress rather than a tailor I hope...a little cheaper?

also what’s the right material for that type of clothing???

if I keep sweating every day I’ll be into a medium

I've been here 30+ years, and finding clothes has always been a problem...for shirts, trousers and such the global obesity epidemic has been a blessing in disguise and many Thai retailers now sell shirt and pant sizes that were unavailable back then. 

But footwear is a nightmare. I am a size 14 (US). My mom used to send me some from the states before she passed away a few years ago. Now I have to buy <deleted> footwear online and it's too small, so I have to fold down the back part and just step on it, turning it into a de facto sandal. It's not exactly the look I want going into a formal meeting, funeral, etc.

Even worse is that the soi dogs have broken into my compound and chewed up the few remaining wearable pairs I have left. Anyway, any tips on where to source XXL footwear, online or elsewhere, will be very much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mahseer said:

What seems to be your problem?

5 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Robinsons @ Central Festival when?

Can’t remember a Robinsons at Central Festival. Airport Plaza yes but not Festival.  So when did they put one in at Festival?

Look for second hand sellers. They get bulk containers from the USA full of clothing. It's old second hand stuff from dead people but it is very good quality sometimes. Also American sizes.

Shoes, try Amazon.com

Edited by Don Chance
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phuketsub said:

But footwear is a nightmare. I am a size 14 (US). My mom used to send me some from the states before she passed away a few years ago. Now I have to buy <deleted> footwear online and it's too small, so I have to fold down the back part and just step on it, turning it into a de facto sandal. It's not exactly the look I want going into a formal meeting, funeral, etc.

My mom used to send me packs of my favorite Fruit-of-the-Loom underwear, which I can't find here- she passed away last year, and now I have to source it elsewhere.  Moms were great for that kind of stuff, and it's little things like that that make us miss (and appreciate) them more after they're gone.

• Like 1