Can you refuse a lazada delivered to you at door?

problemfarang

On 5/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, Denim said:

I ordered a dashcam mirror for 700 baht from a seller who's initials began with TTBSS.

At that price it was a lot cheaper than other sellers but it had plenty of good reviews so I took the chance.

Upon unpacking , the item was not the same as the one advertised , included no rear cam and everything was in Chinese with no language option. It then broke within 5 minutes of being turned on so no picture at all. I complained but was ignored.

I then downloaded a free app onto my smartphone ( Autoboy Blackbok ) and this works perfectly and cost nothing since I already had a clamp to attached it to my windscreen and plug my phone into the cigarette lighter for power.

Surely your comment would only be relevant here if you talk about your refund? I don't care about your phone app. ????

I’m considering a Honda lawnmower via lazada from a Thai company in Bangkok. I’d prefer to pay by my U.K. credit card (20k baht) rather than cash ,but does COD give me any real benefits? For non delivery or faulty item my card has a chargeback facility… plus I get a better rate on it .

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I’m considering a Honda lawnmower via lazada from a Thai company in Bangkok. I’d prefer to pay by my U.K. credit card (20k baht) rather than cash ,but does COD give me any real benefits? For non delivery or faulty item my card has a chargeback facility… plus I get a better rate on it .

No benefits for COD. Always pay by card, not sure if your UK card will work though AND if the chargeback would be as fast

• Like 1

I have refused one at the door; a 48" aquarium light, the box looked like it had been bent.  I took it, shook it; it had a tinkling rattle, so I gave it back to him and said no.  I wanted another sent, but that was too complicated apparently, easier to refund and reorder.

I've also returned items for "not as ordered", or damaged.  Full, normally automated, refund each time.  The only issue is that I have to repack and take to the Kerry Express depot on Sukhumvit, they won't collect.

I'm actually quite impressed with Lazada's customer service.

A French coffee press arrived broken. Made a picture and send it to the seller. Their suggestion, if you have a BDO account, we will give you back the money immediately. Well, after only 15 Minutes the money was  credited into my account AND THE 250 GR ATTACHED COFFEE BEANS WERE FREE. As of today I'm still a good customer of this seller. (LAZADA ????????

I am a seller on Lazada , i recommend you always take a video while you unbox , particularly if is something valuable or fragile.

Can be useful for you and for the seller to claim that was damaged during transport. 

On 5/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, CharlieH said:

You can refuse the delivery, yes, but you cannot inspect its contents etc, at that point you have accepted the delivery and have to go through the claim/ return/refund procedure.

Not accurate.. I have inspected numerous Lazada and Shoppe deliveries and rejected those that were not as ordered of fake.. Never had an issue

5 hours ago, Sundown said:

No benefits for COD. Always pay by card, not sure if your UK card will work though AND if the chargeback would be as fast

Disagree.. If you change your mind, or it's not as ordered or damaged.. you don't have to wait for a refund which can take a week or more.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:06 PM, Hamus Yaigh said:

Out of all the hundreds of products I have bought online, none have arrived broken. Packing I have found to be very well done. Least of my worries.

This arrived yesterday

Air Con.jpg

10 hours ago, jobsworth said:

So why then can Aliexpress take 3 months or more?

I've stopped using Aliexpress, just got my last refund as I've waited 3 months and still nothing. Something strange going on with them. With Lazada they get through in a week or so, my theory is they have agreed a partnership with Lel or Kerry or those so the items are tracked. Also cash on delivery ensures it's received

You aren't supposed to open and inspect at point of delivery.

If you can visibly see that the item is broken through broken packaging as said you can refuse delivery for no reason. 

I've never refused a package but I do wonder if you did that a few times as a COD customer whether they would just block your account for COD.

There is a major restaurant delivery company that told me if I cancelled just one order which I tried to do based on a mess up by the restaurant that they would block me for COD. One time and not my fault. I was shocked. The day was saved because the restaurant decided to cancel the order instead. 

Edited by Jingthing

Yes you can.

Also it's easy to initate a return with a laptop or PC.  Go to orders in your Lazada account and press the but "Return".  You can print out a return label and drop it off at 7/11, post Office, or Tesco,etc -your choice.  You can track the return. 

They will cancel your account if you refuse to many deliveries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes you can.

Also it's easy to initate a return with a laptop or PC.  Go to orders in your Lazada account and press the but "Return".  You can print out a return label and drop it off at 7/11, post Office, or Tesco,etc -your choice.  You can track the return. 

They will cancel your account if you refuse to many deliveries.

Yeah I wouldn't blame them for  cancelling your account if you had a pattern of refusal but I wonder how many it takes.

Another problem area for COD customers is being home to accept them. Some of their delivery partners communicate very well as to when to expect them but others don't. So it's easy to miss deliveries. I also wonder how many of those would get a customer banned. 

Many videos on Thai social media shows frustrated customers get into argument and fight over COD, most customers assume that they can inspect the product before handing over the money, hence their preference of COD, but the delivery guys says they cannot take it back if the box has been opened.

It seems COD is for the convenience of payment for those without or prefer not to use other banking options only, it doesn't help in case of faulty products

With the rise of COD scam where random sellers send you worthless stuff, if someone has many COD deliveries coming, they might not be able to keep track where it's from and fall prey to the scammer if they can't open the box and inspect the content

• Like 2

I really appreciate having the COD option for both Lazada and food delivery although I understand the current issues with trying to avoid personal contact. The reason is that there's never a problem with never getting something that you've paid for. 

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I really appreciate having the COD option for both Lazada and food delivery although I understand the current issues with trying to avoid personal contact. The reason is that there's never a problem with never getting something that you've paid for. 

Indeed never had something NOT being delivered. I always got all my deliveries. I don't like COD means you need cash. If you pay it its done. Never had to return anything yet.

I prefer kerry over flash (not that you can select) but flash takes longer.

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Indeed never had something NOT being delivered. I always got all my deliveries. I don't like COD means you need cash. If you pay it its done. Never had to return anything yet.

I prefer kerry over flash (not that you can select) but flash takes longer.

Actually it's a real issue with restaurant apps in condos. Quite often the drivers don't want to go up to rooms but if you're COD you have much more leverage to persuade them to.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Actually it's a real issue with restaurant apps in condos. Quite often the drivers don't want to go up to rooms but if you're COD you have much more leverage to persuade them to.

No experience about condo's but should you not wait at the lobby for a driver ? I mean going up all the way is indeed a hassle. I even stand outside of my house when there is a food delivery. i just look at the app and make sure im waiting.

If i were a driver all the extra time lost on condo's would be a hassle indeed. Least someone in a condo can do is wait at the lobby. (my opinion) or maybe a surcharge for condo's something like that. I can imagine if you have to go to foor 11 find room xxx it will take quite some time. 

On 5/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, Jeffrey346 said:

Disagree.. If you change your mind, or it's not as ordered or damaged.. you don't have to wait for a refund which can take a week or more.

With COD the process is exactly the same.