Re-entry Permit Question

A re-entry permit is based on your permitted stay. It will be valid until that date, which if you just got it could be up to 365 days in the future. This permit only acts as your permission to return on your current extension of stay terms. It is not an extension of stay.

Probably I asked wrong. I know it's not an extension of stay. But your answer means that I can live outside Thailand as long as I want. I just have to make sure to be back 1 day before my 1-year-visa expires. Extreme case: Get my 1 year visa in one day, leave same day Thailand and return after 364 days.

WC

But your answer means that I can live outside Thailand as long as I want. I just have to make sure to be back 1 day before my 1-year-visa expires.

No problem. And could happen for someone married and working overseas. But would not be life style many would be interested in. :o

Probably I asked wrong. I know it's not an extension of stay. But your answer means that I can live outside Thailand as long as I want. I just have to make sure to be back 1 day before my 1-year-visa expires. Extreme case: Get my 1 year visa in one day, leave same day Thailand and return after 364 days.

WC

One day might be cutting it a bit fine. What if you are late. The original visa dies and you have to begin all over.

As the only 1 year extension - that I am aware of - that can be issued in 1 day is the retirement visa extension, why would you want a 1 year extension to live outside Thailand for 360+ days? Many overseas workers live for short periods here on the free tourist type visa. The entry/reentry visa allows you to do as Lopburi has stated but the total cost is a minimum of 2,900 baht for the extension and the visa and 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.

As the only 1 year extension - that I am aware of - that can be issued in 1 day is the retirement visa extension, why would you want a 1 year extension to live outside Thailand for 360+ days? Many overseas workers live for short periods here on the free tourist type visa. The entry/reentry visa allows you to do as Lopburi has stated but the total cost is a minimum of 2,900 baht for the extension and the visa and 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.

Alas, he didn't exactly spoil us with that scant information he gave. He was silent on the most important information that might assist in advising him.