friend postiv with covid..how to find a hospital bed

consulb

33 minutes ago, Pravda said:

It seems good, but there were tests done with these Chnese oximeters and 90% of them were showing fake results.

For a relatively cheap non fake medical equipment on par with omron I recommend Yuwell

you have a link to the fake results article?

here's a BBC article about them

Covid: How a £20 gadget could save lives - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55733527

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

It is always advisable for people with insurance to think outside the square if they cannot find a hospital bed in their area and or surrounding areas, i.e. instead of waiting, get someone to drive them to a hospital in another area, regardless if it is a 10 hour drive, but first one must make sure the hospital is equipped to handle the patient will admit him/her upon arrival.

I wouldn't be waiting around for others to save my life in a situation like this, I would do everything possible monetarily to get to a hospital that has beds available and is equipped to look after me, either way, it's a far better shot that waiting to die.

Seriously thinking of sacking off BKK and heading up country.......some big new hospitals out the sticks.......might stand a better chance avoiding the virus and getting treated if I don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, consulb said:

Anyone an idea how i can find a place in a hospital for him?

Sadly you friend is a victim of the fear factor prevalent in the medical profession in Thailand, this is where so called doctors will not accept the medical responsibility they signed up to because they are scared of covid 19, so rather than treat a patient they say the hospital is full.

3 days ago my girlfriend tried to get into hospital because of serious heart palpitations but they refused her entry and treatment because she came from a village that had one reported person who tested positive, this is a disgraceful dereliction of duty that does not look good for anyone Thai or Farang.

May I suggest you simply find a safe way to get your friend to any hospital and leave him there, cover yourself so you can not be recognised and immediately leave the hospital yourself.

You must then go home and isolate yourself for 14 days coming into contact with no one. 
Any supplies you need should be delivered by a friend and left on your doorstep, any money you hand over should be sprayed with alcohol hand wash.

During your isolation you would do well to make a plan to get yourself to hospital should you need it.

Be very careful and I wish you the best of luck in this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Swimfan said:

Was that a public hospital or private?

Obviously private.

Public hospitals don't charge 200000 deposit and cannot handle international insurance

Edited by Kiujunn
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

No point having medical insurance for covid if you cannot even get inside a Hospital for treatment, looks like the situation is worse than is being admitted if even the most expensive private Hospitals are full.

Note that full means all COVID beds are fill, not that the entire hospital is full.

COVID patients require special rooms with controlled ventilation etc and these are limited in number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sheryl said:

Note that full means all COVID beds are fill, not that the entire hospital is full.

COVID patients require special rooms with controlled ventilation etc and these are limited in number.

But that is also a generalisation as that does not hold true for Field hospitals does it ? Surely it would be more definitive to say that those seriously ill and/or requiring ICU facilities require special rooms etc etc ?

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

But that is also a generalisation as that does not hold true for Field hospitals does it ? Surely it would be more definitive to say that those seriously ill and/or requiring ICU facilities require special rooms etc etc ?

In a general hospital, where there are non-covid patients,  you need to set up separate, isolated wards,  often separate buildings,  for covid. 

Staff cannot easily switch between covid and non-covid sections.  

Ventilation systems should be physically separated.  

Ideally, the covid section consists of negative pressure rooms.

So you have covid beds and non- covid beds,  they are not easily interchangeable. 

1 minute ago, Kiujunn said:

In a general hospital, where there are non-covid patients,  you need to set up separate, isolated wards,  often separate buildings,  for covid. 

Staff cannot easily switch between covid and non-covid sections.  

Ventilation systems should be physically separated.  

Ideally, the covid section consists of negative pressure rooms.

So you have covid beds and non- covid beds,  they are not easily interchangeable. 

Agreed but exactly what has that to do with the point I was making ?

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Hospitals will only put COVID patients in special rooms or wards, designed to prevent aerosolized virus particles from getting out. This is for the protection of other patients.

In field hospitals everyone except the staff is COVID positive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Hospitals will only put COVID patients in special rooms, designed to prevent aerosolized virus particles fro mgetting out. This is for the protection of other patients.

In field hospitals everyone except the staff is COVID positive.

I think its unlikely that they have enough negative pressure rooms to hold all of the Covid19 patients currently in general hospitals. At best most hospitals have only a handful of these rooms.

unless the guy is having serious respiratory problems don't waste a hospital bed... if you have he flu and a cough do you run to a hospital... calm down and see how the symptoms develop then you can always go to emergency and self isolate in the meantime.  If the guy has serious preconditions then monitor more closely.

3 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

unless the guy is having serious respiratory problems don't waste a hospital bed... if you have he flu and a cough do you run to a hospital... calm down and see how the symptoms develop then you can always go to emergency and self isolate in the meantime.  If the guy has serious preconditions then monitor more closely.

His condition was serious and he is already hospitalized.

• Like 1