Where to buy an electric guitar in CM?

connda

Can anyone make a recommendation for a guitar shop (that's open) which carries a good line of electric guitars and accessories.  Yes I know I can buy on Lazada.  But I'd like to find a brick and motor shop where I can pickup, hold, and play a guitar before buying.

You can pick up and play at most all. It really depends on what type of Guitar you are looking for. Fender? Yamaha? Ibanez? Cheaper? I have probably been to 98% all of them. Festival has 2 music shops. One is Yamaha and other is Music Collection. MC. Also Airport Central has a Yamaha shop. 
M.I.W or Maximum Sound on Chang Klang rd. But really depends on what type you want. 

On 5/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, meechai said:

If your thinking of a real guitar like check this shop on Chang Klan

Across standard center just a bit towards chiang mai land past @Curve

Untitled.jpg

That shop is called M.I.W. Bought a lot of stuff from them, but also have bought a lot of stuff from the one just down a couple of small blocks called Maximum Sound which is on the left hand side as well. M.I.W may be the best in CM for axes as in Fender, but then again as from my post many shops have different types and all should be visited as offer different types non Fender. Be prepared to speak Thai though. 

On 5/10/2021 at 8:08 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Inside wall of Old city along NORTH wall--will be going from east to west towards CM Ram...on your left side(water-moat on right) is a music shop..not sure if open-covid

Nice people but very limited in what they have to offer.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

That shop is called M.I.W. Bought a lot of stuff from them, but also have bought a lot of stuff from the one just down a couple of small blocks called Maximum Sound which is on the left hand side as well. M.I.W may be the best in CM for axes as in Fender, but then again as from my post many shops have different types and all should be visited as offer different types non Fender. Be prepared to speak Thai though. 

Oh right I remember that Max Sound place too as I often took the soi next to it. They also did guitar repair & maybe building? in a shop in back that faced that soi

It is just past Chiang Mai Land going toward Ratilanna

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Oh right I remember that Max Sound place too as I often took the soi next to it. They also did guitar repair & maybe building? in a shop in back that faced that soi

It is just past Chiang Mai Land going toward Ratilanna

Untitled.jpg

Yep. The kids in there are very nice to deal with, always a pleasure. Not sure if they speak English as Thai is always the comfortable norm for them. I usually by small things like stings and tuners etc there, but I also have bought a nice instrument one time from them. M.I.W I also believes has a work shop in the back.