Adult high school for Thai Nationals

dom1

Hi all!

One of my relatives is 25 years old and hasn't completed high school. We looked it up and the government has a program where you do 2 hours per week to get your high school diploma after... MANY YEARS.

Is there any alternatives to this, like an intensive program 30-40 hours a week to speed up the process? Ideally online, mostly considering the actual pandemic and frequent school closures.

It would be motivating if it could be completed in a couple of months rather than having this stretched over 5-6 years...

TIA

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dom1 said:

We looked it up and the government has a program where you do 2 hours per week to get your high school diploma after... MANY YEARS.

It's 2 days a week (Saturday/Sunday) for 3 years, run by every Amphur.

My misses attended and graduated after leaving school age 12.

If you think you can do 6 years of missed high school in 2 months ....... dream on.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, BritManToo said:

It's 2 days a week (Saturday/Sunday) for 3 years, run by every Amphur.

My misses attended and graduated after leaving school age 12.

If you think you can do 6 years of missed high school in 2 months ....... dream on.

I've only heard from older people (at least 40+) that they left school after just 6 years.

I think all younger people go to school for at least 9 years since quite a while, so in case of this 25 year old relative it is probably only about the last 3 years of high school.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Even an adult is unlikely to pass such a program in a couple of months... Although good luck in your search, you may find something. Especially since it is unlikely that your relative is interested in mathematics, but rather he needs a certificate that the school is completed.

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, digbeth said:

The adult school is called Kor Sor Nor, and is run locally every sunday, or at night on weekdays, 

for distance learning there's distance learning called sor kor tor www.dei.ac.th

spot on dude.

my ex wife did it and honestly it was a joke. she paid someone to write her final report. not worth the paper it is printed on.