Repatriation Flights for Thai Returnees from India

webfact

rp.jpg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Foreign Ministry prepared repatriation flights to bring Thai people back from India and assured it had measures to screen out the Indian variant of COVID-19.

Tanee Sangrat, spokesman for the ministry, said two flights were planned for Thai returnees from India amid its COVID-19 outbreak this month. One was set to carry 150 people on May 15.

The other flight was scheduled for May 22 and the registration of its passengers had yet to be concluded. The first repatriation flight next month would be on June 4.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-695733

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

I assume that no negative COVID test is required for Thai citizens. Yeah, that should be interesting…

You are wrong as is the next idiotic poster. Test has been required for about 9 months for Thai citizens returning from India. Following is information from RTE Delhi FB for upcoming flight.

ผลตรวจ COVID-19 โดยวิธี RT-PCR อายุไม่เกิน 72 ชม. ก่อนเดินทาง

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rimmae2 said:

You are wrong as is the next idiotic poster. Test has been required for about 9 months for Thai citizens returning from India. Following is information from RTE Delhi FB for upcoming flight.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

2 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

I can't find the above quote on their FB page. I can see CoEs have been cancelled for all non Thais, but not much else. Any further pointers?

22 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I can't find the above quote on their FB page. I can see CoEs have been cancelled for all non Thais, but not much else. Any further pointers?

Item No.5 in text following the text below.

การเดินทางกลับประเทศไทยกับเที่ยวบินพิเศษที่จัดโดยรัฐบาลอินเดียในเดือนพฤษภาคม 2564

โพสต์เมื่อ 12 พ.ค. 2564ผู้เขียน Rachaneekorn Wangsuekulหมวดข่าวกงสุล, ประกาศและประชาสัมพันธ์
SHARES

ประกาศสถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงนิวเดลี
ฉบับที่ 15/2564
เรื่อง การเดินทางกลับประเทศไทยกับเที่ยวบินพิเศษที่จัดโดยรัฐบาลอินเดีย
ในเดือนพฤษภาคม 2564

4 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Item No.5 in text following the text below.

การเดินทางกลับประเทศไทยกับเที่ยวบินพิเศษที่จัดโดยรัฐบาลอินเดียในเดือนพฤษภาคม 2564

โพสต์เมื่อ 12 พ.ค. 2564ผู้เขียน Rachaneekorn Wangsuekulหมวดข่าวกงสุล, ประกาศและประชาสัมพันธ์
SHARES

ประกาศสถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงนิวเดลี
ฉบับที่ 15/2564
เรื่อง การเดินทางกลับประเทศไทยกับเที่ยวบินพิเศษที่จัดโดยรัฐบาลอินเดีย
ในเดือนพฤษภาคม 2564

Got it. Full link below:

http://newdelhi.thaiembassy.org/th/2021/05/การเดินทางกลับประเทศไท-7/

Seems they've tightened up requirements for Thais.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Got it. Full link below:

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Got it. Full link below:

As I stated in previous post, requirement has been in place for about 9 months. Probably initiated by the Embassy staff at the time.

9 hours ago, Excel said:

UK and then labelled by the Thais as the UK variant, no doubt this variant will stoke xenophobic behaviour even more,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the whole world "labelled" it the UK strain. 

Except in the UK itself where it is known as the "Kent" strain. The Scots, Welsh and Irish refer to it as the English strain.

It is what it is. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

As I stated in previous post, requirement has been in place for about 9 months. Probably initiated by the Embassy staff at the time.

Well it's odd because up until now I'd been under the impression Thais weren't required to test before departure. Maybe different in India? A lot were arriving and testing positive. There have been several outcries as to why it was so, but there we are.