Overstay from date of entry or end of Amnesty?

Overstay days start counting from days on overstay BEFORE March 26th <-(the day they started amnesty) then the days AFTER October 31st <-(the day amnesty ended and people needed to get on to embassy/covid extensions).
They are counted as two separate overstays (to maximize the fine) but the days are counted together for the banning. 
An example would be like this; if you overstayed 40 days BEFORE march 26th & another 40 days after Oct 31st you would get a 20K baht fine for each period (40K baht total) BUT you would only have overstayed 80 days total so you wouldn't be banned.
I know it works this way because I just say a passport that had two overstay stamps one covering the period of overstay before amnesty started on March 26th and another covering the overstay after it ended on Oct 31st

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A overstay starts from the day your current permit to stay ends.

If you have gotten a extension of stay it would be the date on the extension stamp.

I thought the 31. October was the starting date for overstay, so I lost an argument.

57 minutes ago, tod-daniels said:

Overstay days start counting from days on overstay BEFORE March 26th <-(the day they started amnesty) then the days AFTER October 31st <-(the day amnesty ended and people needed to get on to embassy/covid extensions).
They are counted as two separate overstays (to maximize the fine) but the days are counted together for the banning. 
An example would be like this; if you overstayed 40 days BEFORE march 26th & another 40 days after Oct 31st you would get a 20K baht fine for each period (40K baht total) BUT you would only have overstayed 80 days total so you wouldn't be banned.
I know it works this way because I just say a passport that had two overstay stamps one covering the period of overstay before amnesty started on March 26th and another covering the overstay after it ended on Oct 31st

Well, what you are saying would contradict the thing @ubonjoewrote. In this way, they would deduct the overstay time within the amnesty, f. ex. if somebody was allowed to stay here until 1. July 2020, the period from 1. July until 31. October wouldn't be counted, but as I understand now, overstay starts at the date of your last extension.

1 hour ago, tod-daniels said:

That would be if you were on a overstay on the 26th of March 2020. I think most people would of applied for a 30 day extension with a letter from their embassy before April 7th 2020 when the order for the amnesty started and would of already paid any overstay.

14 minutes ago, MainBerry said:

Well, what you are saying would contradict the thing @ubonjoewrote. In this way, they would deduct the overstay time within the amnesty, f. ex. if somebody was allowed to stay here until 1. July 2020, the period from 1. July until 31. October wouldn't be counted, but as I understand now, overstay starts at the date of your last extension.

You are more or less writing about a worst case scenario. 

If you were here on July 1st 2020 and went under the amnesty until October 31st and then failed to to apply for a extension you would be on an overstay from October 31st if you left now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are more or less writing about a worst case scenario. 

If you were here on July 1st 2020 and went under the amnesty until October 31st and then failed to to apply for a extension you would be on an overstay from October 31st if you left now.

Wait, are you sure? Do you have an official post for that?

In the other post, you said "extension date" is the date where the overstay starts to count.

So, in the example, if the extension was until 1. July 2020, where would the overstay start?

12 minutes ago, MainBerry said:

Wait, are you sure? Do you have an official post for that?

In the other post, you said "extension date" is the date where the overstay starts to count.

So, in the example, if the extension was until 1. July 2020, where would the overstay start?

I wrote that assuming another extension had been applied for after July 1st.

If no extension was applied on or before October 31st that is when the overstay would start. 

The max fine for an overstay is 20k baht (40 days at 500 baht a day). After that 90 days of overstay is important since that is when a ban from entering the country again starts.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote that assuming another extension had been applied for after July 1st.

If no extension was applied on or before October 31st that is when the overstay would start. 

The max fine for an overstay is 20k baht (40 days at 500 baht a day). After that 90 days of overstay is important since that is when a ban from entering the country again starts.

Thanks but now I am total confused.

So, to clear it up from my position: I extended my Non-O at 1. May for 60 days. So, this extension was valid until 1. July (it's the stamp in my passport).

Now, when would my official overstay start? 1. July or 31. October.

I booked a ticket for the 3rd July because I was thinking that my overstay starts from 31. October and I am under 1 year (resulting in 1 year ban). However, 3rd July would be more than a year, if the overstay would have started from 1. July 2020 (resulting in 3 year ban). So, I want to clear this up and probably re-book my ticket.

21 minutes ago, MainBerry said:

Now, when would my official overstay start? 1. July or 31. October.

As wrote before the first day of overstay would be after the 31 October (November 1st).

21 minutes ago, MainBerry said:

I booked a ticket for the 3rd July because I was thinking that my overstay starts from 31. October and I am under 1 year (resulting in 1 year ban). However, 3rd July would be more than a year, if the overstay would have started from 1. July 2020 (resulting in 3 year ban). So, I want to clear this up and probably re-book my ticket.

It will only be a one year ban now.

You should of left the country long ago or at least started getting the 60 day covid 19 extensions before October 31st.

If you get caught with the overstay it would mean mean being detained until you could be deported after buying a ticket out of the country, paying the overstay fine and then be banned from entering the country for 5 years.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As wrote before the first day of overstay would be after the 31 October (November 1st).

You should of left the country long ago or at least started getting the 60 day covid 19 extensions before October 31st.

If you get caught with the overstay it would mean mean being detained until you could be deported after buying a ticket out of the country, paying the overstay fine and then be banned from entering the country for 5 years.

Yeah, after years of living with a stable visa based on my children, I wasn't able to secure the same route as everybody involved basically just disappeared, and after 31. October my immigration demanded a letter and my embassy refused to issue anything and then I just ignored the topic. I just found out recently that they had the 60 day extensions now without a letter. Well' that's too late now.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Is this a official position? Do you have any official statements? I would be heartbroken if the immigration officers tells me, it is going to be 3 year ban.

Like mentioned multiple times here the start date in your case will be October 31st.

You are not over 1 year yet so the blacklist should be one year, a three year blacklist that would start after October 2021.

But there could always be a misunderstanding upon exit ????.