Has anyone bought anything from Alibaba before?

redwood1

There is something I would like to buy from Alibaba that I just can't find anywhere else.....And I was wondering if anyone had ever made a purchase there?

Alibaba is not a very user friendly site...And I am hesitant about buying there...

Is paying by credit card safe?.....I am not crazy about paying this way but it looks like the only other option would be a bank transfer...

Anyways any opinions on Alibaba?  Thanks

45 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

I've used Aliexpress several times who are owned by Alibaba and never had a problem. Be prepared for a long wait for items to arrive though.

I ordered some bicycle parts from AliExpress in February 2020, I got them 14 days later.

Alibaba is the trade site ,like Aliexpress,but you will

usually find you have to buy minimum of say 25-

100,a few do offer single items, you will have no

problems paying by bank transfer,all payments

are guaranteed by Alibaba.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

I ordered some bicycle parts from AliExpress in February 2020, I got them 14 days later.

Feb 2020, was a different time, I am waiting for 3 separate orders

and it's been at least a month, when I check on tracking all report

left the country........that's it, no problem not in a hurry for them.

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

Yep, it use to be around 2-3 weeks pre-covid. Now it's taking up to 2 months.

Edited by Johnny Mac
  • Like 2

i bought several times from alibaba/aliexpress,

i get it every time but it takes a very long time to get here.

well one time i did in fact not get it, i ordered dnp fatburner

and food and drug administration wanted to inspect,

loss of money

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Feb 2020, was a different time, I am waiting for 3 separate orders

and it's been at least a month, when I check on tracking all report

left the country........that's it, no problem not in a hurry for them.

regards worgeordie

Might as well give up, I've had several AliExpress items never arrive, i got refunds but had to wait for 3 months. I won't use anymore

Edited by scubascuba3

Are you buying as a business or as an individual?

I use the business site and it is quite secure if you do everything through the site? They hold the funds until you receive the order and it is as agreed? Some sellers will try to get you to go around the site and deal with them directly. If you do that you are on your own with no protection from Alibaba.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, Johnny Mac said:

I've used Aliexpress several times who are owned by Alibaba and never had a problem. Be prepared for a long wait for items to arrive though.

I use Ali Express frequently for spares to an old Chinese 4 Wheeler.

Pay by Credit card, and always get the product. Much of which is rare and needs finding , but is mostly available.

Delivery has been a major issue this last 12 Months or so.

Their own Ali Express Delivery does not seem to be a problem ( about 21 Days Delivery ), and other options available at order placement are also very good.

However ! There appears to be a major issue with the China Post Option on delivery.

My last 3 orders were sent by China Post and left China within 6 Days according to the tracking system, however delivery to me was about 9 weeks later.

Packages had come via Changi Airport, and the Thai Post office.

If you can find your product, the prices seem very reasonable, just be very careful  which delivery option you choose, and for just a couple of Dollars more you can avoid the China Post.

AliBaba is super friendly site.  Its wholesaler, so many options, which if you find it not user-friendly, then you just need some time to learn it.

Its not meant to be a site that you master in 1 day, or even 1 week.  Even for me using computers my whole life, it takes weeks to get a proper understanding of the wholesale site -- as there are many options.

As others have mentioned, if you are looking to bulk order (and customize), then AliBaba the place to be.

If you are just looking for small quantity, head to AliExpress.

These talks of having to wait a long time for products is just going through the motions.  If you want stuff quicker, then contacting the seller (possible on both Wholesale+Retail sites) and communicating for a faster shipping method, is entirely possible.

Good luck, and be patient.

• Haha 1

AliBaba are very hard to deal with and for you to actually receive a purchase. They are more of a Bulk purchase site, and often require business details etc.

AliExpress are okay, although they have many many sellers who do not deliver, ie scams. It can take easily 3 months for a delivery. Why you might ask?

Well it works like this, you make an order and the money is paid to AliExpress who hold the money until delivery is made, then pay the seller.

Once an order is made, then the seller quite often does not actually have the purchase, so then and only then will they try and source the products and eventually post to you.

So its make a purchase and then its sourced for you.

Eventually if not delivered (As it never was sourced at price) you will get a refund, but must wait in total about 4 months.  

You are better off with Amazon if they will deliver to you or Ebay.

If using Amazon in particular check who is delivering ie as many issues may arise (Tax, import fees etc) using Fed Ex, DHL and other private delivery firms, try to insist on UK Royal Mail or cheapest Chinese delivery service.

Edited by Paul DS
  • Like 1

I am one that never received the product. It was a real fight to secure a refund. They definitely don't want to talk to customers and make communication very difficult. I eventually got the refund but it took 6 months. It was an expensive item. I deleted my account and will never use them again. 

Ordered 4 items from AliExpress in the past few months. Paid in USD with US credit card. Each item delivered in 2-3 weeks with no postal charges. Had no issues whatsoever and prices are usually cheaper than Lazada and Shopee who always charge postage.

• Like 1

I've bought most of my pool supplies there including the pool tiles and robotic pool vacuum.  It's usually 30% cheaper despite the shipping.  Most companies have an in with customs.

Highly recommend!

I signed up for an account, a few days later the Chinese spam started flowing. I bought an item, it arrived in under 2 weeks, was nothing like the images/description, seemed like a very cheap immitation. I requested a return/refund, it was refused.

Another instance where they let the seller decide, Item went in the bin ! Account closed. Never been near the place since and dont ever intend to.

• Thanks 2

On 5/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, Oztruckie said:

Isn't Alibaba more for extreme large purchases where Aliexpress where you can buy single items only,both are owned by Jack Ma.

Yes correct. But I am surprised that there is not the same security (automatic refund) on alibaba as aliexpress ?!

Can people confirm ?