K PLUS Denying Overseas Transfers

I've been with Kasikorn for 10 years now and have lived outside of Thailand for about 16 months. 
I regularly use KPLUS to process international transfers, but today I have a message that reads 'Kbank could not provide you the global outward remittance service via K PLUS'
Does anybody have an idea why this should be the case and a workaround? 

Has your visa status changed since you've been living out of Thailand for 16 months? 

I could no longer do international transfers at K Bank after I went from extension based on WP to visa exempt.  They claim it's a Thai banking law and not a bank policy. 

Not a huge deal, but would have been handy to know beforehand.

And before anyone tells me that's wrong, I don't claim to know the rules.  I just know what happened to me.

Edited by impulse

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere on my online banking that international transfers can only be made during banking hours - maybe that's why?

If not and this becomes a regular problem - maybe you could sign up for a transfer service?  Other members here will be able to advise but I believe Dee Money is one of the popular ones.  As far as I know, the transfer from your Kasikorn account to your Dee Money account is a domestic one and therefore should not be a problem - even outside Kasikorn's normal hours.

• Like 1