Salaries of public servants in Thailand

AlfHuy

What do the different uniform colours mean.

A friend's new girlfriend  wears a blue uniform and has 3 golden stars. I'm wondering what rank she holds and if she is military, police or a public servant.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I guess you mean their salary, that doesnt mean how much they actually get paid though does it.

In this soceity salary is only a portion for some lucrative positions.As for the boyscout uniforms and sparkly medals, probably added at will and mostly meaningless, but they have to maintain the "i am more important than you" behaviour.

She's wearing a blue uniform and has this rank but golden instead of silver.

B968E1F9-9E5A-4746-915C-3D842ED605E9_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by AlfHuy

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

Looks like a rank of colonel to me.

Yep.

Not a very inventive contribution from me:

about ranks/insignia work your way through the Wikipedia articles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ranks_of_the_Thai_armed_forces

You need sharp eyes to separate a colonel from a lieutenant general!

spacer.png    spacer.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yep.

Not a very inventive contribution from me:

about ranks/insignia work your way through the Wikipedia articles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ranks_of_the_Thai_armed_forces

You need sharp eyes to separate a colonel from a lieutenant general!

spacer.png    spacer.png

Yes.

Curious what's the base salary of a Colonel is.

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

She's wearing a blue uniform and has this rank but golden instead of silver.

White blouse, blue skirt, golden insignia?

Would be a teacher at a private school.

Teachers at public schools: khaki uniform, golden insignia.

This is for the working uniform. Of course civil servants have a full gala uniform in white for certain events/celebrations.

• Like 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

White blouse, blue skirt, golden insignia?

Would be a teacher at a private school.

Teachers at public schools: khaki uniform, golden insignia.

This is for the working uniform. Of course civil servants have a full gala uniform in white for certain events/celebrations.

No:

skirt and blouse all dark blue.

Golden stars.

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

No:

skirt and blouse all dark blue.

Golden stars.

I see. I give up here because Thai uniform expertise requires at least two semesters????

So many offices/organizations...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Salary depends on rank, position, qualifications and time in service. Salary for a c9 officer could be 60-70K / month ++ (extra money can be earned doing various talks/workshops). Total salary could be 100K a month. Then there is yearly overseas travel, medical benefits and a good pension upon retirement. But they usually need a PhD and many years to get to this level. Noone would go into government for the money. They will run a business or work in industry, but government work has its perks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Top end is somewhere at around 70k.

Yes that's the only number I understand for sure.

On my retirement extension feels like a 3-star general ????

From the very complicated structure of the police salaries it seems that a complete newbie will be less than 15k? Most of the middle ranks seem to end below 40k after x years.

Of course some benefits where health care for officer and family might the most valuable (better than "30 Baht" health care).

In private business a newbie with bachelor degree starts below 20k!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the very complicated structure of the police salaries it seems that a complete newbie will be less than 15k?

Way lower than that, like 7k or 8k base salary when they start. But they get free housing.

• Like 1

Going back some 8 years ago I had two police friends one an Inspector the other a corporal one day we were talking salaries the inspector had completed 25 years he told me he earned 500 baht per day for a 12 hour shift the corporal was on less but I cannot remember they told me they worked every day and did not get annual holidays only the normal holidays that government workers get . They also told me that they had to buy there own uniforms as well as guns they were given an assisted government loan for this which would be deducted each month from there salary plus they were entitled to free medical as well as members of there family and this entitlement was for life . We also spoke about requirements for guys like me who are retired when I explained to them that the minimum monthly requirement was 65,000 baht per month they nearly choked on the Irish coffee I had made for them they did there utmost to find out how much pension I received but I declined there invitation I stuck to the 65,000 baht . The inspector who was a Liverpool supporter had come to scrounge one of the LFC tops I had I gave him a yellow one as I had two the same but he wanted a red one I explained to him the yellow top was very important it had Owens name on the back and once I explained it was a shirt from the FA cup final when we beat the Gooners down in Cardiff he went away a very happy man maybe he thought it was an actual worn shirt but I wasn’t saying anything 

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 2

Dating one lady who’s an accountant ( degree from CMU) works 5 days a week for the Government , 12500 b a month, free medical and some other perks. And honest in many ways
Dating another lady , similar position who says she’s on 28,000 b a month. A bull<deleted>ter in many ways . 

both loads of fun as ladies go. 

Lots of variations on salaries. Each grade has increments with yearly pay rises depending on performance. Also additional payments if holding a warrant card etc.

A C8 take home pay is around 70k.

21 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

A friend's new girlfriend  wears a blue uniform and has 3 golden stars. I'm wondering what rank she holds and if she is military, police or a public servant.

Works for a bus company?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

In private business a newbie with bachelor degree starts below 20k!

Have you tried hiring any Thais for real jobs in a real business lately? 

Social media managers we can't find anyone under 30K a month

Web programmers no one available for under 35K 

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Going back some 8 years ago I had two police friends one an Inspector the other a corporal one day we were talking salaries the inspector had completed 25 years he told me he earned 500 baht per day for a 12 hour shift the corporal was on less but I cannot remember they told me they worked every day and did not get annual holidays only the normal holidays that government workers get . They also told me that they had to buy there own uniforms as well as guns they were given an assisted government loan for this which would be deducted each month from there salary plus they were entitled to free medical as well as members of there family and this entitlement was for life . We also spoke about requirements for guys like me who are retired when I explained to them that the minimum monthly requirement was 65,000 baht per month they nearly choked on the Irish coffee I had made for them they did there utmost to find out how much pension I received but I declined there invitation I stuck to the 65,000 baht . The inspector who was a Liverpool supporter had come to scrounge one of the LFC tops I had I gave him a yellow one as I had two the same but he wanted a red one I explained to him the yellow top was very important it had Owens name on the back and once I explained it was a shirt from the FA cup final when we beat the Gooners down in Cardiff he went away a very happy man maybe he thought it was an actual worn shirt but I wasn’t saying anything 

I like periods.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, AlfHuy said:

Uniforms-a-GoGo?

3 hours ago, Farma said:

A C8 take home pay is around 70k.

Absolute nonsense, where did you dream that figure from?

Please do not insult me by saying that is correct, i am married to a  grade 8, she has over 30 years in her job, and does not take home that amount.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got now more info.

My friend finally got more information. He didn't want to ask to much as they are only a few weeks together.

She has 2 degrees. 

1. Law.

2. Accountancy.

She is 2nd person in charge at her department.