Jump to content

Cheapest PCR test in Bangkok? (next day result)


Recommended Posts

Any recommendations?

 

So far I am looking at about 3,000 THB.

 

If I can get that down a bit would be happier. But realise that could be the going rate.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Rick

I came back to Uk (manchester) just over a week ago and will be posting information.
If you are considering getting back, will give you a preview below
I came to get vaccinated and a few other important things to do after 18months away.

High up the priorities was to get my ticket for Porto. I am Booked on the man city package saturday with the free flights. 
I see some your posts on the football thread. I rarely post.

Good banter on and off mate.
I will be with best friends on Wednesday in local pub  to watch the Europa league final, some are RAGS.

 

FYI

I travelled back to UK a week ago to get vaccinated, among other things.
Landed sunday 16th. flight about 1/3 full BKK  to AMS then AMS to Manchester with KLM was pretty full.

Cheap economy class ticket. Good price. Lufthansa is an alternative via frankfurt to MAN.
At MAN No problems. Fast at border control, well organised.
Passed day 2 PCR, then passed day 5 test to release so I could get out of Quarantine quickly.

It was Easy for me to get to Abicare Health clinic in Sale for the 5 day test to release. Worth considering if you return and can get there easily. There are far too many places listed on the NHS website. It took me 4 to 5 hours in Thailand ringing round to find something suitable.
In UK i am not registered with GP. Been non resident too long .
I applied to get registered With GP so i can get vaccinated. They say it can take 4 weeks. Then the official line is that you can only book vaccination  if registered with a GP. You cannot use NHS app without a new NHS number. You get that from your GP.
When registered with GP, the NHS say it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment.
8 weeks??? So i asked what happened to all the foreign students, homeless and illegal immigrants??
They could not tell me.
Follow the rules.
A smokescreen.

 

After confirming my 5 day test to release was clear. I was out of quarantine saturday 22 may morning.
Luckily i found a pop up walk in vaccination centre not far away. (stockport)
Got vaccinated AZ no problem on  day 6 after return, even though i have no registered GP.

 

only the first shot yet. Have to see how it goes for second.
They are now saying 8 weeks.
 

Edited by jojothai
add info
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Hi Rick

I came back to Uk (manchester) just over a week ago and will be posting information.
If you are considering getting back, will give you a preview below
I came to get vaccinated and a few other important things to do after 18months away.

High up the priorities was to get my ticket for Porto. I am Booked on the man city package saturday with the free flights. 
I see some your posts on the football thread. I rarely post.

Good banter on and off mate.
I will be with best friends on Wednesday in local pub  to watch the Europa league final, some are RAGS.

 

FYI

I travelled back to UK a week ago to get vaccinated, among other things.
Landed sunday 16th. flight about 1/3 full BKK  to AMS then AMS to Manchester with KLM was pretty full.

Cheap economy class ticket. Good price. Lufthansa is an alternative via frankfurt to MAN.
At MAN No problems. Fast at border control, well organised.
Passed day 2 PCR, then passed day 5 test to release so I could get out of Quarantine quickly.

It was Easy for me to get to Abicare Health clinic in Sale for the 5 day test to release. Worth considering if you return and can get there easily. There are far too many places listed on the NHS website. It took me 4 to 5 hours in Thailand ringing round to find something suitable.
In UK i am not registered with GP. Been non resident too long .
I applied to get registered With GP so i can get vaccinated. They say it can take 4 weeks. Then the official line is that you can only book vaccination  if registered with a GP. You cannot use NHS app without a new NHS number. You get that from your GP.
When registered with GP, the NHS say it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment.
8 weeks??? So i asked what happened to all the foreign students, homeless and illegal immigrants??
They could not tell me.
Follow the rules.
A smokescreen.

 

After confirming my 5 day test to release was clear. I was out of quarantine saturday 22 may morning.
Luckily i found a pop up walk in vaccination centre not far away. (stockport)
Got vaccinated AZ no problem on  day 6 after return, even though i have no registered GP.

 

only the first shot yet. Have to see how it goes for second.
They are now saying 8 weeks.
 

Thank you sir, but I arrived in Thailand 2 weeks ago.

 

Unfortunately, despite having 3 negative tests in quarantine, I need another before heading south to Samui.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thank you sir, but I arrived in Thailand 2 weeks ago.

 

Unfortunately, despite having 3 negative tests in quarantine, I need another before heading south to Samui.

 

 

Krikey, after quarantine?
They are making it more difficult than it needs to be. You would think they don't want any visitors or expats.
Hope it goes well.

 

Is that just because you are flying?
Do you know if its the same by bus,  would you be able to get in by using the ferry?

Edited by jojothai
add info
Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid 2600 at Dr Donna's, Thong Lor clinic in early April.  Test by 10am, get results same day by 6pm.  The recent wave caused a shakeup in testing places.. mostly some would no longer test those without symptoms.  Give them a call.. very professional, and a nice walk from BTS. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please describe what the test done by Dr Donna actually feels like? I haven't had a covid test yet but have nightmare thoughts of someone sticking a really long spatula deep into my nose. Or is it just a quick and painless swipe of the tonsils and nostrils?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My experience.. Dr D doesn't administer the tests.. Her staff are highly skilled, and of course, there is no room for carelessness/errors. You will gag just a bit, maybe best to skip most of breakie, and the nose will burn a tiny bit, but definitley no lasting side effects... As I previously stated.. They could use some sexy nurses, but, hey, this is a war.. would gladly use them again.. And Art, the manager at my soi 2 hotel, was really pleased to have a new place to refer the many inquiries to, as he had previously sent them all to BHI....for about double the THB.  Call first, and again, Thanks to Dr D, she is clearly looking out for us expats. 

Edited by moontang
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

The whole thing is morphed into an industry. Expensive equipment has been purchased, training, people have been paid off and policy has been put in place.

 

I doubt we'll never see the end of all this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

The whole thing is morphed into an industry. Expensive equipment has been purchased, training, people have been paid off and policy has been put in place.

 

I doubt we'll never see the end of all this.

So what's your alternative plan, to let people go wherever they want untested?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So what's your alternative plan, to let people go wherever they want untested?

 

Yes. You get the vaccine or don't - up to you and then go live your life.

 

PCR test is BS for covid anyway. The Nobel laureate they created the test as said as much as well as damning Anthony Fauci in the same breath.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kynikoi said:

 

Yes. You get the vaccine or don't - up to you and then go live your life.

 

PCR test is BS for covid anyway. The Nobel laureate they created the test as said as much as well as damning Anthony Fauci in the same breath.

Everybody has their 'go to expert' who happens to back up their particular point of view.

 

Providing PCR test is accurate, it is at least partially limiting the movement of people who potentially have the virus.

 

It's not only Thailand where people are making a lot of money from PCR tests. Just like how companies get rich during world wars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Everybody has their 'go to expert' who happens to back up their particular point of view.

 

Providing PCR test is accurate, it is at least partially limiting the movement of people who potentially have the virus.

 

It's not only Thailand where people are making a lot of money from PCR tests. Just like how companies get rich during world wars. 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/doesnt-know-anything-say-face-nobel-prize-winning-inventor-pcr-test-unloads-dr-fauci-earlier-video/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kynikoi said:

I didn't doubt what you say, no need for the link.

 

I'm just reluctant to join the conspiracy theory bandwagon, if that's what you were hinting at. My main point is that people get rich from unfortunate circumstances. A lot of the time it's unavoidable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 1:59 PM, kynikoi said:

 

Did you check to see when the "earlier video" was recorded?

 

1993.

28 years ago.

 

If a 28 year-old video is the best proof you have that the PCR test for covid-19 doesn't work, then I don't think anyone needs to worry.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...