Visitor Visa

Hi all

My girlfriend is in the UK with me at the moment on a 1 month visitor visa. Unfortunatley my Father has been in hospital for virtually the whole of her stay so we haven't been able to do much or go anywhere during this time apart from the hospital visits.

When she returns to Thailand next month how soon can she apply for another visitors visa as we weren't able to do any travelling during her visit here ?? She also has a multiple Europe also for 1 month.

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Mon

I believe the only restriction is that you cannot have more that 6 months Visitor Visa in any 12 month period, so your girlfriend can re-apply straight away in Bangkok.

Alternatively, you can apply for a Visitor Visa extension for up to 6 months while in the UK. See Visitor Visa Extension using form FLR(O).

Can I extend my stay as a visitor?

A visitor can only stay for six months. If we gave you permission to stay for less than six months, you can apply to extend your stay, up to six months in total.

How do I apply?

You will need to complete an application form. Applications (except those for asylum and work permits or under European Community law) will not be valid unless they are made on the appropriate application form. You can get copies of application forms from this website.

To apply for further leave to remain, get form FLR(O).

If you are in any doubt as to which form you should use please telephone the Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766.

You should send the completed form to us, by post, before your permission to stay ends. The application form will give you details of all the documents you will need to send with your application and where you should send it.

Mon, actually the British embassy really do not like to give another visitor visa within 6 months of the previous visit! I tried this with my GF and we were advised about this 6 month rule. They only granted her a 2 month visitor after she said she already had the plane ticket, but she had to sign an undertaking to only stay in the UK for 1 week.

This really is a load of <deleted>, because I can find nothing in the F.O. rules about limiting back-to-back visits. It seems to be another case of our wonderful embassy making up rules as they go along :o

Thanks Guys.

I was also advised today regarding the FLR(O) form which seems to be the best course to take.

One thing worries me though is that in the British Embassy in BKK my GF signed a form stating she would return to Thailand in 1 month, her situation has changed now and she would like to extend her visa. Would she have problems in the future with obtaining visas in BKK as she is altering the visa that was issued by the British Embassy in BKK or will they be OK as the Home Office here has sanctioned the extension. We will eventually be applying for a Fiance visa.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Mon

Again, a similar problem to that which my GF experienced. She got a 6 months visitor visa with the intention of visiting the UK for about 1 week. She was not required to sign any undertaking to leave the UK after 1 week. Whilst she was in the UK my business had a problem which caused me (and therefore her to actually stay for 4 months). Still ok with her visa I thought. But when she re-applied for a new 'back-to-back' visitors visa, the embassy in BKK cited as one reason for refusing a 2 year or 6 month visa, the fact that she had stayed in the UK 'too long' the first time! She had not overstayed at all, but their view seemed to be that a stay of 4 months was not that of a true tourist. My explanation that it was I who had actually caused this situation fell on deaf ears.