Documents you need from Immigration to buy a new car with finance

I am going to buy a new car from Honda in my name I will pay 50% in cash and pay the rest over 48 months the finance company want me to get 3 documents from Immigration to check my credit but the only documents I know about is the Residence  certificate.   What are they talking about and what documents do I have to get and what is the cost for this as I see 19k on a immigration website?   

They have just no clue what they are talking about.

All you need is the certificate of residence (for which immigration usually charges about 200-500THB) to confirm your address. If you have a yellow book or work permit stating your address you can use this instead.

• Like 2

Do you have a list of what they want (in Thai works) so we can try and interpret what's actually needed?

They may want a credit check with the NCB but that's not immigration (and costs 100 Baht).

• Like 1

I was in the same boat. Wife and I just bought a car. They found it difficult to verify my income, so they encouraged us to put it in my wife's name, and verify her "income", though they know my income will be hers.

If you live in a rural, agricultural area, this might happen to you. They'll ask to copy her dad's farm documents. They'll calculate his farmland. They'll send a guy from the bank out to the farm, to take pics of her next to it wearing farming clothes. They'll say they'll ask a few neighbors, "does she work on the farm?"

So they sent the guy out, and he took random pics of farmland that wasn't even ours, and didn't talk to anyone. I don't think the average farmworker would be able to make this payment. It would have to be all their income and then some. Nonetheless, we were approved. Haha. It was a big joke.

I'm seeing a ton of shiny new, red plated cars, even out here in the Issan sticks. It appears that given the slow economy and lack of business, the banks are firing out car loans like mad.

18 hours ago, scotsman said:

ใบรับรองถิ่นที่อยู่  3 documents 

Certificate of Residence - easy enough if you are doing 90 day reporting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Certificate of Residence - easy enough if you are doing 90 day reporting.

Yes but why do they ask for 3 of them ?  that was the confusing take on this but its all fixed now and all is well thanks for your help.

Regards 

Scotsman 

9 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I was in the same boat. Wife and I just bought a car. They found it difficult to verify my income, so they encouraged us to put it in my wife's name, and verify her "income", though they know my income will be hers.

If you live in a rural, agricultural area, this might happen to you. They'll ask to copy her dad's farm documents. They'll calculate his farmland. They'll send a guy from the bank out to the farm, to take pics of her next to it wearing farming clothes. They'll say they'll ask a few neighbors, "does she work on the farm?"

So they sent the guy out, and he took random pics of farmland that wasn't even ours, and didn't talk to anyone. I don't think the average farmworker would be able to make this payment. It would have to be all their income and then some. Nonetheless, we were approved. Haha. It was a big joke.

I'm seeing a ton of shiny new, red plated cars, even out here in the Issan sticks. It appears that given the slow economy and lack of business, the banks are firing out car loans like mad.

Funny how everything go in wifes name! Im not say you should not do that but funny ????.

Most of car loans are not from bank. Thais have really hard to get bank loan if you are not goverment worker or some big company. And most Thais are not! Car loan from selling company are much more cheap.

And like Toyota give 4 free month from payment last year.

27 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

And like Toyota give 4 free month from payment last year.

They deferred the payments - that is all.

Interest is still being added on the unpaid balance, and you must still make up those payments until the loan is paid in full.

Then you will get the Blue Book

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

They deferred the payments - that is all.

Interest is still being added on the unpaid balance, and you must still make up those payments until the loan is paid in full.

Then you will get the Blue Book

Yes that was case but cant ask that kind from bank! Toyota give that coz covid situation.

I owe nothing to anybody and that’s the way I am if I can’t afford it then I don’t buy it it’s that easy the last time I owed money was 31 years ago when I payed off my mortgage I’ve seen to much heartbreak with people who end up in debt .

• Like 1

Been here 30 plus years bought 3 new cars during that time. Paid cash for all, wife owns our home paid cash to have it build before we arrived , was almost done 2 weeks delay. Western styled with sole hot water though out US electric standers thought out . Daughter too international school 11 years. She work here in summer for 6 years. Her mother is shopper never talks about how she pain, but now little she pain, passed on to our daughter. Then to US for collage received her Ph.D. and working for the government GS 13+, Husband makes more in an yearly bonus then I make in yearly pension which is 3 m Baht +.  No colleges loans both paid cash.  I started working at age 12, I quick school in the 11 grade. Got a job and work my self up to Top management and also completed college. Retired at 65, and still miss working after 12 years of not. So things can be done, you just got to have goal and never stop till you get there.  Buy high price in Thailand is not our thing, upstand buying a car that can be a needed item.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I owe nothing to anybody and that’s the way I am if I can’t afford it then I don’t buy it it’s that easy the last time I owed money was 31 years ago when I payed off my mortgage I’ve seen to much heartbreak with people who end up in debt .

Things Change , not all the time for the better. 

Debt is a stress for most.  

Good for you Mr Crazykopite

I was going to do this but just gave up in the end & paid cash.

The address I gave them which was real was never even checked with any form of ID

but as they organized my insurance could have been a problem for me had I not