Hand Washing in Thailand

Last Saturday early morning called in at a KFC outlet to get takeout for my daughter in law.

Duty manager was very busy taking orders, and filling them too. Was wearing blue coloured gloves for every function.....tapping the register  keys, handling the money, handling the  chicken.....and at one quieter moment went to the soft serve machine and carefully wiped it down with a cloth that was already beside it, then returned to the cash register.

I quietly asked my wife if she thought that the blue gloves indicated anything about hygiene ?

She asked me why and when I explained what I had just witnessed she suggested we  go to another  branch. I then asked her if she thought it would be  any different really ? Probably  not.... !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

Last Saturday early morning called in at a KFC outlet to get takeout for my daughter in law.

Duty manager was very busy taking orders, and filling them too. Was wearing blue coloured gloves for every function.....tapping the register  keys, handling the money, handling the  chicken.....and at one quieter moment went to the soft serve machine and carefully wiped it down with a cloth that was already beside it, then returned to the cash register.

I quietly asked my wife if she thought that the blue gloves indicated anything about hygiene ?

She asked me why and when I explained what I had just witnessed she suggested we  go to another  branch. I then asked her if she thought it would be  any different really ? Probably  not.... !

Have you considered that he was protecting himself from other people's germs, or perhaps he had eczema or similar on his hands.

In LOS I just accepted that standards of hygiene there were not the same as in western countries and I had a functioning immune system.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you considered that he was protecting himself from other people's germs, or perhaps he had eczema or similar on his hands.

In LOS I just accepted that standards of hygiene there were not the same as in western countries and I had a functioning immune system.

I would consider that KFC as an international operation have a standard hygiene protocol and that any Manager should be adhering to those protocols especially during this current pandemic.

A quick check on the internet reveals copious information pertaining to such.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 6:04 PM, Nojohndoe said:

I would consider that KFC as an international operation have a standard hygiene protocol and that any Manager should be adhering to those protocols especially during this current pandemic.

A quick check on the internet reveals copious information pertaining to such.

What should be and what is, are not necessarily the same.

My worst ever food poisoning was from an international operation, and in a western country.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What should be and what is, are not necessarily the same.

My worst ever food poisoning was from an international operation, and in a western country.

New Zealand? Statistically for it's population has a bad record for such a "clean and green " country !

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1