Salary For One-year Visa?

To apply for a one-year visa at the immigration you need a salary of 50,000 Baht/month, right? I have a work permit and my salary was 35,000 Baht/month the last yeares. If I get a salary of 50,000 Baht/month can I apply directly for a one-year visa or must I have had a salary of 50,000 Baht the past year before I can apply for the visa?

Starting July 10th, extensions of entry permits based on employment will be based on minumum salary requirements defined by nationality:

Japanese, American, Canadian, 60,000 baht;

Europeans and Australians, 50,000 baht;

Koreans, Taiwanese, Hong Kong Chinese, Singaporeans, Malaysians, British National Overseas passport holders, 45,000 baht;

Indians, Middle Easterners, mainland Chinese, Indonesians, Filipinos, 35,000 baht:

Laos, Burmese, Vietnamese, Cambodian and all Africans, 25,000 baht.

Newspaper journalist will be eligible for one-year renewals with a monthly income as low as 20,000 baht.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I would still like to know why the americans, canadians and japanese are entitled to more than english or europeans.

I heard that they drink more and spend more on places of entertainment Dave :o But journalist's are noted imbiber's yet they only need 20,000 baht.