Phuket Sandbox Updates

7 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

That's what I was thinking because some of those look suspect to me!

Why does my poop look like tar?
Bleeding in the upper portion of your digestive system can cause black, tarry stools. Ulcers or another form of irritation in your esophagus or stomach known as gastritis can cause bleeding. When the blood mixes with digestive fluids, it takes on the appearance of tar.

Stay away from the food in Phuket. 

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:
Bleeding in the upper portion of your digestive system can cause black, tarry stools. Ulcers or another form of irritation in your esophagus or stomach known as gastritis can cause bleeding. When the blood mixes with digestive fluids, it takes on the appearance of tar.

Same same...

Tar Balls.JPG

Dirty Box.JPG

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I was eating my lunch reading this. ????

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The cost is MUCH cheaper than ASQ/ALQ if you are coming with family / friends.

You also can have your friends/girlfriend come to your room.

Also some villas allow 4 guests, and we expect larger options to also become available.

So even-though there are additional requirements we think it would be a much more comfortable stay than at an ASQ Hotel.

So you are in quarantine in a hotel, but can have friends and ladies round to visit ????

Remind me why the need to quarantine then ? 

22 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

So you are in quarantine in a hotel, but can have friends and ladies round to visit ????

Remind me why the need to quarantine then ? 

Your quarantined on the island, not the hotel.

Your free to change hotels as long as it's an approved SHA+ hotel.

The + meaning all hotel staff have been fully vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The + means that 70% or more of the employees have been fully vaccinated.  The digital versions of the SHA + badge actually show the percentage of employees who have been fully vaccinated at that business.

7 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Where's the list of low/medium risk countries 'allowed' to participate in Sandbox ? 

As far as I'm aware to participate the requirement is to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated. I don't think the list of Countries regarded as being on 'Green' or 'Amber' lists comes into it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The + means that 70% or more of the employees have been fully vaccinated.  The digital versions of the SHA + badge actually show the percentage of employees who have been fully vaccinated at that business.

Mmmm! I read approved SHA hotels are awaiting staff to be fully vaccinated to receive the + and can be expected to join the SHA+ list soon.

Foreigners are only allowed to stay at SHA+ hotels.

With all the conflicting news reports it's hard to ascertain fact from fiction.

Maybe @ThaiVisaCentrecan confirm the actual status.

Edited by Tanoshi

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

As far as I'm aware to participate the requirement is to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated. I don't think the list of Countries regarded as being on 'Green' or 'Amber' lists comes into it.

No, they will restrict participation to certain countries that are considered to be low or medium risk.  Of course, no list has been released yet. ????  

Looking back at the brief period of time that arrivals in Bangkok got a reduction in quarantine to 7 days, that reduction was also only offered to certain countries (most of the African countries were not permitted, if I remember correctly).

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Mmmm! I read approved SHA hotels are awaiting staff to be fully vaccinated to receive the + and can be expected to join the SHA+ list soon.

Foreigners are only allowed to stay at SHA+ hotels.

With all the conflicting news reports it's hard to ascertain fact from fiction.

Maybe @ThaiVisacan confirm the actual status.

The SHA Plus thing has only been a thing for 2 weeks or so.  Many hotels were already SHA certified.  So in the last couple weeks many have become SHA Plus after proving staff have received their vaccinations.  Many more will in coming days.  In my opinion, almost all the hotels will be SHA Plus.  The requirements are quite minimal, it's not like ASQ at all in that respect.  One of the reasons it's cheaper to book than ASQ lodging.

Participants in the Phuket Sandbox will have to stay at SHA Plus hotels, very likely they will have to pay fully in advance.  Foreigners in Thailand not having arrived in Phuket as part of the Sandbox (in other words, domestic tourists and people living in Phuket) can stay wherever they want to, including non SHA Plus hotels and even their own homes. ???? 

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

No, they will restrict participation to certain countries that are considered to be low or medium risk.  Of course, no list has been released yet. ????  

I did only state state 'Green' (low), or 'Amber' (medium) risk Countries.

Nothing is finalised yet and as usually announcements and confirmation will come at the 11th hour, then they'll wonder why nobody arrives on July 1st.

13 days left and counting down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Participants in the Phuket Sandbox will have to stay at SHA Plus hotels, very likely they will have to pay fully in advance.  Foreigners in Thailand not having arrived in Phuket as part of the Sandbox (in other words, domestic tourists and people living in Phuket) can stay wherever they want to, including non SHA Plus hotels and even their own homes. ???? 

Your better informed than I am.

Last I read returning foreigners owning Condo's in Phuket were still required to stay 14 nights in an ASH+ hotel.

38 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

as long as u pre book/pre pay BEFORE they issue ur CEO, you can use 2, 3 more hotels on the island

also seems starting next week yellow zone ( of which phuket is one) will be allowed to have drinks in Restaurants.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your better informed than I am.

Last I read returning foreigners owning Condo's in Phuket were still required to stay 14 nights in an ASH+ hotel.

Foreigners in Thailand not having arrived in Phuket as part of the Sandbox (in other words, domestic tourists and people living in Phuket) can stay wherever they want to, including non SHA Plus hotels and even their own homes. 

So for example, expats who are living in Phuket (not ones who are just arriving in Phuket from an international location as is envisioned under the Sandbox) can stay wherever they want.  Domestic tourists, people who arrive in Phuket from another part of Thailand can stay wherever they want.  Staying in SHA Plus hotels is only required for international arrivals in Phuket.  Phuket Sandbox rules (whatever those turn out to be) apply to international arrivals in Phuket, not to people who live here nor to domestic tourists.

Someone who lives in Phuket, leaves Thailand, and re-enters Phuket, is subject to the Phuket Sandbox rules (whenever and whatever those might be), because then they would be an international arrival in Phuket.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

also seems starting next week yellow zone ( of which phuket is one) will be allowed to have drinks in Restaurants.

When was it upgraded to 'yellow' status.

It's still orange according to latest data.

There are no Provinces graded as yellow or green as yet.

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Latest list that I could find consisted of 11 African countries.

I think that list is out of date and was for countries that still had to do the 14 day quarantine before it was changed it back to every country.

There have list now for some countries that cannot enter the country at all.

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Someone who lives in Phuket, leaves Thailand, and re-enters Phuket, is subject to the Phuket Sandbox rules (whenever and whatever those might be), because then they would be an international arrival in Phuket.

Yes, it was purely returning foreigners from overseas I was referring to.

Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, polpott said:

I take that as to mean all but high risk countries.

Latest list that I could find consisted of 11 African countries.

https://asqthailand.com/high-risk-countries/

That is the list that was used to exclude certain countries from the reduction in quarantine (7 days). 

The Sandbox list will probably be a different list.  It will be a list generated by Thailand using their own discretion/interpretation of what countries are high risk.  I guess it's instructive to look at that list to see the kinds of things Thailand considered high risk at that time, but there's no guarantee the new list, whenever it's published, will look the same.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that list is out of date and was for countries that still had to do the 14 day quarantine before it was changed it back to every country.

There have list now for some countries that cannot enter the country at all.

And the up to date list is?

12 minutes ago, skatewash said:

But not a tourist so not subject to the Phuket sandbox rules.

34 minutes ago, polpott said:

But not a tourist so not subject to the Phuket sandbox rules.

Even with an extension your a Tourist in kind as you only have a temporary permission of stay, albeit for 365 days. You originally obtained a Non Imm O as a person who intended to enter the Country temporarily.

You still stay on a temporary basis.

Regardless of Immigration status you still have to quarantine on entry.

Edited by Tanoshi

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Even with an extension your a Tourist in kind as you only have a temporary permission of stay, albeit for 365 days. You originally obtained a Non Imm O as a person who intended to enter the Country temporarily.

You still stay on a temporary basis.

Regardless of Immigration status you still have to quarantine on entry.

I will be entering with a re-entry permit, not a tourist visa. Immigration does not classify me as a tourist.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

I will be entering with a re-entry permit, not a tourist visa. Immigration does not classify me as a tourist.

You have stated this few times already.

Unless you have clear update regarding Phuket sandbox that clearly states folk on extensions or new non O cannot be included in the sandbox plan then what's the point of your posts.