You Haven't Lived In Thailand Long Enough If...

8 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

If you still use a knife for anything other than buttering bread.

Or if you dig the ground without being aware that there may be a blue water pipe just below the surface.

(which I did this morning) ????

What's butter? And we had to brush our teeth with the water left in the martini shaker that night!

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think the road shoulder ISN'T the m'bike lane.

I said vehicle, meaning cars, trucks, and bikes. I've seen all three going the wrong way against traffic and I bet you have too. So yes, I think vehicles going against traffic flow are extremely hazardous regardless of what lane or shoulder they are on.

Are your purposely ignoring the intent of my post? 'wrong way' is the key phrase.

Feel free to explain your comment. Better yet, let's just drop it.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 11:51 AM, NCC1701A said:

been robbed by your cat. 

and been pranked by your cat

In addition to robbing us, as evidenced by what we find in her stashes whenever we move a major piece of furniture and discover missing small items, she has a trick of hiding from us and making us think she somehow escaped from the condo.  She won't come out when called, we can't find her anywhere and it doesn't help that she'd mostly black, so it's hard to locate her in drawers and closets.

We went through this a few times.  After several hours, we went to the building staff, offering a 500 baht reward for her return, showing them her picture and soon they were bringing us random cats to claim the reward.  Eventually she'd show up in the middle of the condo like nothing had happened.

Now we just ignore her and eventually she shows up when she gets hungry or has to use the litter box.  I think she's found a place to hide up in the couch or mattress.  If only she wouldn't try to get out every time the front door is open.  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:51 AM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Have you ever seen a middle aged farang male trying to dance Thai style? I don't think there's anything in this life more ridiculous than that.

Yeah, right, go and sit in a corner drinking beer, when I go to a wedding (or funeral), they know I'll dance. 

Ridiculous? A Farang that thinks he can do rock and roll.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:09 PM, Presnock said:

Yeah I have done most of those things too.  I lived and worked in many countries, kept a log of good and bad and finally ended up deciding on Thailand when I retired 16 years ago and haven't regretted it at all.  I don't like "burning season" nor the 90-day report but other than that I have no real complaints.  I love it here and think that I always will.  I have been through many of the changes of govt during my working days as well as now in retirement and even with the changes, most things just stay the same.  As I see, around the world not that many people seem happy with their govt either so I don't complain about the govt here at all.

Sabai Sabai

On 6/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, RocketDog said:

I said vehicle, meaning cars, trucks, and bikes. I've seen all three going the wrong way against traffic and I bet you have too. So yes, I think vehicles going against traffic flow are extremely hazardous regardless of what lane or shoulder they are on.

Are your purposely ignoring the intent of my post? 'wrong way' is the key phrase.

Feel free to explain your comment. Better yet, let's just drop it.

"You" was generic and not specific to you, as in the context of the thread.

Ie  you-havent-lived-in-thailand-long-enough-if you think the road shoulder ISN'T the m'bike lane.