Chonburi orders temporary closure of ice factory in Si Racha

webfact

pat.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Si Racha – The Chonburi Governor today (June 4th) has ordered a temporary closure of an ice factory in Si Racha due to many confirmed cases of Covid -19.

The order from the Chonburi Governor Phakarathorn Teanchai has been released today (June 4th) by the Chonburi Public Relations Office.

The order concludes that more confirmed cases and close contacts of Covid -19 were found at the Suksawat Pansadet ice factory in the Khao Kansong sub-district in Si Racha.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/04/chonburi-orders-temporary-closure-of-ice-factory-in-si-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

This is a total disaster. How on earth will Thais cope having to make their own ice cubes ! I'm lucky I married one proficient in the manufacture of ice cubes

there is more than one ice making factory in Chonburi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

This is a total disaster. How on earth will Thais cope having to make their own ice cubes ! I'm lucky I married one proficient in the manufacture of ice cubes

Commercially delivered ice is critical to just about every food and drink establishment in Thailand. The volumes used require restock several times daily and without these deliveries the establishments can not safely sell food.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

Commercially delivered ice is critical to just about every food and drink establishment in Thailand. The volumes used require restock several times daily and without these deliveries the establishments can not safely sell food.

One might fear infected foodstuffs due to lack of chilling... it is certainly hot enough to worry. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tonray said:

With no drinking establishments open there should be plenty of ice for the food places !!

• Like 1

I assume it's the workers camp that serves the factory rather than the factory itself as when in the factory workers probably have to fully insulate them selves although I suppose bagging the ice at the end of the line probably brings them into a huddle. If it's just the large blocks I can't see how cross infection occurs?

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I feel sorry for the bar girls called "Ice."  No customers for them anytime soon.  ????