Most parents do not want their children to return to school yet

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai-School-Flag.jpeg

Over 70% of parents do not want their children to go back to school yet, as  COVID-19 infections are still rising, while 39% suggest the new school term be postponed further, until the pandemic situation has improved, according to Bangkok Poll, conducted by the research centre of Bangkok University.

Bangkok Poll gauged the opinions of 1,043 parents across the country, who have children studying at kindergarten up to secondary educational level, about their views on the opening of the new semester.

The poll shows 71.1% of respondents said they don’t want their children to go to school yet, while 28.9% said they want their kids to attend on-site classes, despite the pandemic. 88.6% said they are afraid that some students, who may be infected, will transmit the disease at school. 49.1% said their children are too young to protect or care of themselves, while 45.4% said not all teachers have been vaccinated.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/most-parents-do-not-want-their-children-to-return-to-school-yet/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Over 70% of parents do not want their children to go back to school yet, as  COVID-19 infections are still rising, while 39% suggest the new school term be postponed further, until the pandemic situation has improved, according to Bangkok Poll, conducted by the research centre of Bangkok University.

Most parents of children in my neighbourhood have all said they don't want kids going back to school yet.

They've not been vaccinated, the kids have had nothing and the majority or local teachers are still waiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heng said:

I'd be fine with online learning for a year or so.   Just until they can vaccinate say 80% of school age children.   Especially if we could travel again without quarantine.   

Include teachers with that comment I'm with you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

The few I have spoken to want them back to school and out of their hair !

If the parents only want their children back in school because they want their free time back to go do their hair/nails/golf, etc. then they have no idea on what it is to be a parent.

• Like 1

Science Brief: Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 schools

Updated Mar. 19, 2021

Well worth a read. Remember this is Thailand. Mask wearing will be limited as in students and teachers will wear them as chin warmers if at all and other effective prevention strategies will not be adhered to. Temp checks at the gate is just not good enough. Apart from this this article is from the the US where the testing regime is at the other end of the scale to Thailand which is pretty much at the bottom.
Edited by dinsdale

Over 70% of parents do not want their children to go back to school yet... 

Why would they, they don't learn anything there? Let me just pay for the degree why they work in the family business instead of going to a play school. 

22 hours ago, Heng said:

I'd be fine with online learning for a year or so.   Just until they can vaccinate say 80% of school age children.   Especially if we could travel again without quarantine.   

Can't believe what I read. They already stopped vaccines in some countries for teens due to heart inflammation. It's serious condition. One 18 girl died last time I saw news. There's reports spike protein accumulate in ovaries and that's own Pfizer paper. 

U guys need to do better work on researching then simply ah it's good for travel.

Guess what they already advice vaccinated not to fly due to blood cloths. Got news clip. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DigitalCryminal said:

Can't believe what I read. They already stopped vaccines in some countries for teens due to heart inflammation. It's serious condition. One 18 girl died last time I saw news. There's reports spike protein accumulate in ovaries and that's own Pfizer paper. 

U guys need to do better work on researching then simply ah it's good for travel.

Guess what they already advice vaccinated not to fly due to blood cloths. Got news clip. 

yeah the push for max vaxxing relies a lot upon the selfishness of many humans...   all about me me me, plus the parents same as same as... and really just scared the kids will bring something nasty home?   Wonder if the 'clip' also details about the destruction of a mummy to be placenta? 

I see some posters go straight into attack mode and just assume parents want their kids out of the hair.

However having a young daughter waiting to start G1, who has already missed a lot of school, I don't think there is a good solution.

Most parents i think understand the need for the kids to be back at school (quality of education different subject), it gives them structure, discipline and the opportunity to mix with their peers, this is so important at a young age. On-Line learning just does not offer this and i have yet to speak to any parent or teacher who believes it is successful. It is just "better than nothing"

However this has to be balanced with our need to make sure our kids are safe.

There is no way my daughter will be having a vaccination but i would be perfectly happy for her to return to school if all staff were vaccinated. This may sound contradictory and probably is but the quicker we learn to live with Covid the better and kids going back to school would be a good start.

Edited by Bangkokhatter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Our school has had all Thai teachers vaccinated, twice. Foreign teachers? Nothing....yet most of the kids teachers are foreign teachers! 

Majority of teachers around here have not had any vaccinations.. guess we're not in a fancy city.

Not that having a vaccination is a cure of anything or guarantees immunity. They technically could still infect the children inside school as they haven't had jabs either.

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Include teachers with that comment I'm with you.

Our school has had all Thai teachers vaccinated, twice. Foreign teachers? Nothing....yet most of the kids teachers are foreign teachers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DigitalCryminal said:

Yeah, taking it day by day.  Fortunately around 40-50 million kids stateside will have tested it (at least for short term effects) before we get our stock here.   Prefer not to live in fear and travel is as important to me as the opening of bars is to a lot of posters around here.      

We probably would have seen more air crew deaths if that 'guess what' were true.   Got logic.  

????

It doesn't stop transmission or getting sick or guarantee u will not die. U guys should look in recent stats that just comming out from this trial from abroad. Lots of dead ppl or sick in hospitals are double vaccinated and it's from main stream media. UK papers or recent US CNN news. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Our school has had all teachers of all nationalities vaccinated.    It was slow, the shut down the school vaccine date was just last week, but better late than never.   

As a teacher I really look forward to the day I can teach on-site again.

Teaching online comes with its own problems, like the students learning even less than when they're around their classmates and socializing in school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Typical anti-vaxer twaddle. You’re talking minuscule numbers, some of which would have occurred regardless. Look, if a thing is saving millions of lives, a death here and there is acceptable. More die from paracetamol... I bet you don’t take them either.

Wrong. There's no proof of this jab saving millions of life's.

The double vaccinated dead numbers stats are comming out now and they high actually very high ppl dying from Delta variant vs unvaccinated. 

Covid got 99.97% survival rate so what u on about is completely trash ????️

Same goes for kids.

More will get maimed or die from jab then covid. And there's already data to support it.

Never in modern medicine have we ever considered mass vaccination of children with an investigational biologic product with no proven efficacy or safety. Fortunately, studies demonstrated that children could not asymptomatically spread the virus. SARS-CoV-2 causes a very mild upper respiratory tract infection in children, and last year, more children died of influenza than COVID-19. 

Now the issue of vaccination has been brought forward for children with limited studies demonstrating COVID-19 antibodies after vaccination. These registrational studies for the mRNA vaccines demonstrated no clinical benefit. Conversely, data from the VAERS system demonstrates that more children will be harmed with the mRNA vaccines than will benefit from immunization against SARS-CoV-2.

In the end, it appears that the vaccine stakeholders:  Pfizer, Moderna, JNJ, NIH, CDC, FDA, those entities that stand to benefit from a “needle-in-every-arm” want children to become vaccinated not for the benefit of the children, but for the perceived protection of others. 

Edited by DigitalCryminal
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, DigitalCryminal said:

Wrong. There's no proof of this jab saving millions of life's.

The double vaccinated dead numbers stats are comming out now and they high actually very high ppl dying from Delta variant vs unvaccinated. 

Covid got 99.97% survival rate so what u on about is completely trash ????️

Same goes for kids.

More will get maimed or die from jab then covid. And there's already data to support it.

Never in modern medicine have we ever considered mass vaccination of children with an investigational biologic product with no proven efficacy or safety. Fortunately, studies demonstrated that children could not asymptomatically spread the virus. SARS-CoV-2 causes a very mild upper respiratory tract infection in children, and last year, more children died of influenza than COVID-19. 

Now the issue of vaccination has been brought forward for children with limited studies demonstrating COVID-19 antibodies after vaccination. These registrational studies for the mRNA vaccines demonstrated no clinical benefit. Conversely, data from the VAERS system demonstrates that more children will be harmed with the mRNA vaccines than will benefit from immunization against SARS-CoV-2.

In the end, it appears that the vaccine stakeholders:  Pfizer, Moderna, JNJ, NIH, CDC, FDA, those entities that stand to benefit from a “needle-in-every-arm” want children to become vaccinated not for the benefit of the children, but for the perceived protection of others. 

I wish it were that simple. I believe Big Pharma owns or controls these entities, and it is all about profits and share prices. 100%. The people who control these big Pharma companies are pathological superfreaks. Lives do not matter to them. There is no goodwill in their game. It is all about the money. 

• Like 1